Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kevinflyaway
Code:
Please post you departure dates and routes below:

March
 MARCH 07 BCN - FCO - LAX Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 11 PacificTwo
 MARCH 11 BCN-FCO-JFK UAPremierGuy
 MARCH 14 LAX - CDG - FCO - BCN Madeiraportugal
 MARCH 19 BCN-FCO-CDG GlennHaak
 MARCH 19 MAD-FCO-JFK beyounged
 MARCH 20 CDG-LAX GlennHaak
 MARCH 25 BCN-FCO-JFK JonEJacobs
 MARCH 25 JFK-FCO-MAD beyounged
 MARCH 28 LAX-FCO-BCN GlennHaak

April
 APRIL 01 BCN-FCO-LAX - idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 04 BCN - FCO - CDG (+1) - LAX Mister Miles
 APRIL 05 JFK-FCO-BCN JonEJacobs
 APRIL 08 BCN - FCO - LAX - honzeek_cz
 APRIL 08 FCO-CDG JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 CDG-LAX - JNLentertainment
 APRIL 09 LAX - JFK - FCO - BCN Mister Miles
 APRIL 23 LAX-CDG honzeek_cz
 APRIL 24 CDG-FCO-BCN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 MAD-LIN honzeek_cz
 APRIL 25 LAX-CDG-FCO-BCN idiosyncrasy
 APRIL 26 LIN-CDG-LAX honzeek_cz
 APRIL 29 LAX-FCO honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 FCO-MAD honzeek_cz
 APRIL 30 MAD-FCO Maayan

May
 MAY 01 FCO-LAX Maayan
 MAY 01 BCN-FCO-JFK ramalair
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-JFK e30st
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX Travel-Quinten
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO-LAX Wildwater
 MAY 02 BCN-FCO / MAY 03 FCO-LAX bmibaby737
 MAY 06 JFK-FCO-BCN (+1) e30st
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN (+1) Travel-Quinten
 MAY 06 LAX-FCO-BCN Wildwater
 MAY 06 LAX-JFK-FCO / MAY 07 FCO-BCN bmibaby737
 MAY 08 LAX-FCO-MAD Maayan
 MAY 09 JFK-FCO-BCN ramalair
 MAY 09 LAX- FCO JNLentertainment
 MAY 09 FCO-BCN JNLentertainment

September

October

November
 Nov 7 BCN - FCO - JFK ExpatSomchai
 Nov 11 JFK - FCO - BCN (+1) ExpatSomchai
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] AZ: BCN - LAX £456 in J....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Oxymore
While that's true, I went looking for this thread referring to an AZ J fare to TYO in 2017, and it only took them 2-4 days to void/downgrade tickets. But the situation was different as they weren't selling the tickets on their own website.
Just as a datapoint, I booked the 2017 Tokyo fare and Alitalia cancelled after 16 days.You're not out of the woods yet!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mastutio
Just as a datapoint, I booked the 2017 Tokyo fare and Alitalia cancelled after 16 days.You're not out of the woods yet!
Sorry to hear that. 16 days is quite a long time! What I was trying to say, referencing to that thread, is that no one (except for very few seemingly unticketed reservations on the day of booking) has reported any cancellation so far, unlike the 2017 Tokyo fare.

Last edited by Oxymore; Jan 17, 2019 at 1:24 pm
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
They leave it a long time and hope some people forget or give up on refund. I hope they can prove me wrong
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: Qantas
Will they tell you if they cancel or just stay silent and hope that you don’t realise so they won’t refund you?

What I’m basically asking is should I log on and check my booking daily?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by Law910
Will they tell you if they cancel or just stay silent and hope that you don’t realise so they won’t refund you?

What I’m basically asking is should I log on and check my booking daily?
Well....on the FLR-XXX-DUS "special fare" they have just modified my ticket in a way I was not able to use it w/o any notification.

If not daily.....just go to check it from time to time :-)

Up to now on their website it seems it's still fine

Last edited by KiteM; Jan 17, 2019 at 4:32 pm
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA LM Airbnb
6 years ago, my now wife and I were turned away from the ethiad counter in bangkok. Denied boarding. reservation was good until the day of travel on orbitz. .... happens. I guess you guys will know when the forst few trip reports come in. I would suggest monitoring the german forums.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by billybligh
6 years ago, my now wife and I were turned away from the ethiad counter in bangkok. Denied boarding. reservation was good until the day of travel on orbitz. .... happens. I guess you guys will know when the forst few trip reports come in. I would suggest monitoring the german forums.
I can envision many things, but I can’t really see AZ doing just that, if only because they’d likely get in a lot of trouble. I don’t think EU regulators or the US DoT would look at that kind of behavior too kindly.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by billybligh
Can you just share the link?
Also in pm if it's not allowed in the thread
Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:18 am
Used to be guidogh

Programs: FB Ultimate, Hertz Platinum, Star Aliiance Gold
I know the discussion and attitude "you win some, you lose some. I fit is cancelled just carry on". I agree with this up to a certain point. Right now we have reports of several people actually calling AZ and so informing AZ about this booking and selecting seats. Meaning AZ allowed the booking, issued the E-tickets, and after a week got their attention drawn on these bookings because poeple called them, and still did not cancel. With my little knowledge about EU law, its says that if you booked something that you could have known is maybe not right, you should inform the airline. If you have done that and ailrine confirms these bookings by helping you select your seats and thus indicating there is nothing wrong with the booking, you as customer have fulfilled your obligation by doing additional research. as now, at least a week after the first people did this AZ has still not recalled anything, I think they cant do that anymore. I have no problem pursuing this in court ( I have special insurances for this), to force AZ to honor it,
Madeiraportugal likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Hollandair
I know the discussion and attitude "you win some, you lose some. I fit is cancelled just carry on". I agree with this up to a certain point. Right now we have reports of several people actually calling AZ and so informing AZ about this booking and selecting seats. Meaning AZ allowed the booking, issued the E-tickets, and after a week got their attention drawn on these bookings because poeple called them, and still did not cancel. With my little knowledge about EU law, its says that if you booked something that you could have known is maybe not right, you should inform the airline. If you have done that and ailrine confirms these bookings by helping you select your seats and thus indicating there is nothing wrong with the booking, you as customer have fulfilled your obligation by doing additional research. as now, at least a week after the first people did this AZ has still not recalled anything, I think they cant do that anymore. I have no problem pursuing this in court ( I have special insurances for this), to force AZ to honor it,
I'm not sure AZ helped them to reserved the seats but I get your point
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: TP Gold / Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by KiteM

I'm not sure AZ helped them to reserved the seats but I get your point

Helped me .. and.. i recorded the conversation. (not sure if this can help).

DC
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Madeiraportugal
Helped me .. and.. i recorded the conversation. (not sure if this can help).

DC
So they reserved the seats in biz for you?

Who was the one that was told his ticket wasn't valid?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Hollandair
Sorry to say, but according to EU law, an airline can cancel a booking up to 14 days to departure without reason. Notifying the passenger & a full refund are all their duties. (See: https://ec.europa.eu/ireland/services/air-travel_en#5)
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Sorry to say, but according to EU law, an airline can cancel a booking up to 14 days to departure without reason. Notifying the passenger & a full refund are all their duties. (See: https://ec.europa.eu/ireland/services/air-travel_en#5)
EU regulation is about cancellation of flight, not booking.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
EU regulation is about cancellation of flight, not booking.
AZ can downgrade you on the day of travel and would have to pay you 75% of.... not a lot under EU261.. and if they did that both ways, not sure I’d want a 32hr journey in economy class for next to nothing or free and that’s before you go into what the 75% of is refunded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.