Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SU: WAW-ICN 461 usd (One Way)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SU: WAW-ICN 461 usd (One Way)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:07 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
I checked via the app and it only gave me an electronic boarding pass WAW-SVO.

While I did pick up both as paper in WAW, I did note at SVO that there was no line at the transfer desk. After that, tho, was a bit of a cluster*.

moejoe2342 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by briantoronto
After that, tho, was a bit of a cluster*.
What went wrong?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:58 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Oh nothing specific went wrong—it was basically every person for themselves to get through passport check—or somehow bypassing it as I did (they had a bypass line for connections to Tel Aviv that I just joined). Security was the same. If I was not persistent in keeping my space in the crowd moving forward I suspect I would still be waiting.

On the plus side we did arrive at SVO from WAW to a far away remote gate and there was a dedicated business class van.
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Did anyone successfully cancelled this ticket and got refund if booked directly with Aeroflot? I’ll probably have to skip this ticket and while rebooking results in repricing to standard business fare, I’d prefer to opt for a refund...
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by Poolek
Did anyone successfully cancelled this ticket and got refund if booked directly with Aeroflot? I’ll probably have to skip this ticket and while rebooking results in repricing to standard business fare, I’d prefer to opt for a refund...
Booked 2, cancelled both and got refunded few days later.
Poolek and moejoe2342 like this.
Old May 5, 2019, 8:33 am

Back home and safe from a nice trip to Asia wich started with this fare WAW-SVO-ICN. Worked totally fine even if i had mixed my surname and first name on the ticket. Spoke with station manager at Warsaw Chopin who helped me solve it at check in. She told me they had have alot of "extra" passangers the last months with dest Seoul and were just happy about it. Problebly a good boast for her outstation in the eyes of Aeroflots Moscow HQ. XP and miles had to be retroclaimed to Flying Blue after due to my stupid name mix. But as always they solved it within 5 min.

Aeroflot Business were great and I liked the food both onboard and in the lounge.
Thanks!
Old May 5, 2019, 1:42 pm

I was looking forward to this trip in June but a week ago I saw they swapped the aircraft from a 737 to a Sukhoi Superjet 100 on the leg from WAW - SVO should I be worried now?

Did anyone have flew this or is about to on the Sukhoi Superjet?

My thoughts go out to all people on board involved on the crash of SV1492 today.
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by cmoltisanti
I was looking forward to this trip in June but a week ago I saw they swapped the aircraft from a 737 to a Sukhoi Superjet 100 on the leg from WAW - SVO should I be worried now?

Did anyone have flew this or is about to on the Sukhoi Superjet?

My thoughts go out to all people on board involved on the crash of SV1492 today.
Yeah I'm in the same boat. Monitoring closely what might have happened there. Thoughts to the loved ones.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Keter
If SU does not cancel then they normally honor full fare rules. They did for recent STO- Middle East fares (means free change to same booking class after 1st segment is flown).

All 3 fares (Z, I, D) were flex so all of them are no penalties for change/ refund.
As a data point my tickets permit changes online but the system recalculates the fare up to the 'real'/ current level. The call center staff though were able to change these manually (3 times for me already).
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by moejoe2342
Yeah I'm in the same boat. Monitoring closely what might have happened there. Thoughts to the loved ones.
https://www.rferl.org/a/aeroflot-can.../29929380.html
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by moejoe2342
Did you already fly out? they already cancelled two SU2001 flights from WAW to SVO with the Sukhoi aircraft.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:40 am

Just flew this and posted a trip review here:

Aeroflot review - J class WAW - ICN

Cabin/Seat/food pix at instagram: planejayds
criced likes this.

Last edited by 108912; Jun 29, 2019 at 11:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.