Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SU: WAW-ICN 461 usd (One Way)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SU: WAW-ICN 461 usd (One Way)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by ukiman
they will recalculate the fair to "normal" price so not worth doing, better cancel and forget I think ...
If SU does not cancel then they normally honor full fare rules. They did for recent STO- Middle East fares (means free change to same booking class after 1st segment is flown).

Originally Posted by nawlins
Due to some other recent special deals in the last week I called Expedia to cancel this ticket. Agent cancelled and said there would be a full refund.
All 3 fares (Z, I, D) were flex so all of them are no penalties for change/ refund.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by iemadv
Anyone have problems adding their non-Aeroflot frequent flyer number? I booked through Orbitz with my Delta Skymiles number attached but then on Aeroflot's website, it was showing Aeroflot Basic together with my Delta Skymiles number and nowhere did it mention "Delta."
Try to do this via SU web.

OT I think all 5 pax today on SU2001 in J were on this special fare
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
Anyone on SU2001 -> SU250 08/Feb?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Keter
Try to do this via SU web.
And if you need to replace the number that is already in the system then that can only be done via the call center agent. It can be done on check in but it may trigger miles credit to both accounts with some further inconvenience.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
My fear with attempting any changes is that instead of repricing according to historical data, someone would see that the fare was somehow filed wrong. Or are we saying, looking at the fares a few posts up, that this was a super special offer as opposed to a mistake with a missing digit? Whichever, the thing that made me hesitate (and therefore miss the offer) was the thought of dealing with SU.

They perfectly know already the fare was wrong. They decided not to cancel it. Fine and good for us!

I called to change MOW-SEL to a later date (was booked with a stopover) after I arrived at home from WAW and the 1st agent quoted RUB 180K (lower 3K USD range) for a change claiming the fare was valid until 9 November. When I asked if she noted that the ticket is partially used I got a confirmation. However, I asked to double check the procedure for changes for a partially used ticket. She checked and came back confirming the changes would be free (I was booked in D as this was one year max stay/ stopover fare).
Just a notice to have some patience. This took me 25 mins, normally SU handles changes faster.

I would have extended the ticket to Jeju for EUR537 AI. Also, I’ve massively overspent on travel this year, not to mention Jeju have a strictly Economy only policy (for those of us working at the festival).
SU interline fares to CJU are only available in economy. No add-ons were available for these fares too. I would be happy to extend to CJU too.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:34 am

If you have to upgrade Z to I you will have to pay 1 PLN of ADC, and same for I to D. Consequently 2 PLN for upgrading from Z to D.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
Just flew the thing - nice seats on the 777, catering and service....well. SU has improved a lot, but still, there is a way to go I guess. Anyhow - für 460ish USD, an absolutely great experience. Thanks to the OP once more!
Maayan and Poolek like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by NightlinerVIE
Just flew the thing - nice seats on the 777, catering and service....well. SU has improved a lot, but still, there is a way to go I guess. Anyhow - für 460ish USD, an absolutely great experience. Thanks to the OP once more!
Improved compared to what?...
SU has actually cut meal service on long hauls. They used to have (and still have on flights back to Moscow on some routes, due to contracts signed I guess) a starter, an appetiser, a salad, a soup, a main course and a dessert as main meal service. Now they only offer starter, a salad and a main course, and a dessert of course.
Maybe return flights from ICN still have the full menu, but most of us will not try that
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:36 am

Improved compared to 2001, when I flew them last
it wasn't so much about quantity - that was fine, but quality was awful. Both for longhaul and the short hop.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:23 am

Exclamation

Hey friends, sorry to be a bit paranoid. I have a booking for June and am currently planning our return journey from ICN. Can I ask once more how safe it is that this ticket will not leave us stranded in SVO? I.e. how many of you have flown it successfully? Or even better: How many people do you know of that have flown it successfully? Finally, just to double check: There are no reports of people who had a problem with flying this whatsoever, or did I miss them?

Thank you so much for helping me deal with my paranoia.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by moejoe2342
Hey friends, sorry to be a bit paranoid. I have a booking for June and am currently planning our return journey from ICN. Can I ask once more how safe it is that this ticket will not leave us stranded in SVO? I.e. how many of you have flown it successfully? Or even better: How many people do you know of that have flown it successfully? Finally, just to double check: There are no reports of people who had a problem with flying this whatsoever, or did I miss them?

Thank you so much for helping me deal with my paranoia.
You are never 100% until you have landed in ICN.
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:06 am

I would not worry too much.
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:35 pm

Anyone who flew this succeeded to checkin online or by web / mobile checkin w printed boarding pass or passbook for iPhone?

I won't check-in any luggage and just wanna be sure I can make my connection without picking up my boarding pass at checkin desk by going out and in.
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:45 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
I received both boarding passes at check-in in Warsaw.
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by briantoronto
I received both boarding passes at check-in in Warsaw.
Were you able to receive a boardingpass through email / phone / mobile app / passbook?

I’m not planning to go to check-in in Warsaw since I come from a tight connection flight from Amsterdam.

Just wanna be sure it is possible to get an online boardingpass with Aeroflot from Warsaw?
moejoe2342 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.