MXP-BKK J 999 AirItaly

Old Oct 13, 2018, 4:21 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 12
AirItaly: MXP-BKK J 999

Also works departing from CTA, PMO, FCO... book before 30th October.
Not sure how many Avios credits.Google flights prices it 1200, so go to AirItaly.com

Last edited by volazz; Oct 13, 2018 at 4:37 am Reason: title changed
volazz is offline  
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:05 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 538
Price seems to be only available on airitaly.com?
NJSwamplands is online now  
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:56 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 118
Oneworld? Avios & tier points?
capt787 is offline  
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:49 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: BRU
Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Posts: 4,227
Originally Posted by capt787
Oneworld? Avios & tier points?
No, it's not Oneworld. Avios yes depending from booking class, TPs no.

Last edited by Lefly; Oct 13, 2018 at 9:52 am Reason: corrected
Lefly is offline  
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:49 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Posts: 889
Originally Posted by capt787
Oneworld? Avios & tier points?
As far as I can see - none. Books into D and this booking class is not listed as Avios earning on ba.com
Also, this is an old QR plane/seat - so it's a slider, not a flat seat.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Barkinpark likes this.
El Puerco Volante is offline  
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:52 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Posts: 529
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
As far as I can see - none. Books into D and this booking class is not listed as Avios earning on ba.com
Also, this is an old QR plane/seat - so it's a slider, not a flat seat.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
I very nearly booked this but the 2-2-2 angled flat seating stopped me. That's not acceptable for a new airline in 2018 regardless of their future plans.

rather pay a bit more and go Oman Air given you're guaranteed a better product
nolamers likes this.
smit0847 is offline  
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:18 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Metal tube with wings
Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Posts: 445
I'd have no problems flying Air Italy MXP-BKK as it's a direct flight and at a low price. The older 2-2-2 configuration (Qatar leased planes) are nice for long flights, much comfier to sleep than a number of newer seats, including the Apex seats in Oman Air.
I used to be on QR 330s DOH-LAX often and liked it.
I just flew the BKK-MXP route with WY, the seats are nice if you can get a window seat, but I'd much rather a direct flight. What service, food etc are like though, who knows.
oh_lol is offline  
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:55 am
  #8  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Switzerland
Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, LH M&M SEN, airbaltic Executive, Radisson VIP
Posts: 6,565
Originally Posted by oh_lol
I used to be on QR 330s DOH-LAX often and liked it.
DOH-LAX isn't operated by A330s. I don't think they'd have the range. They use 777s and the seats isn't the same as on the A330s.
florens is offline  
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:56 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: PAR
Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Posts: 1,090
Originally Posted by smit0847
I very nearly booked this but the 2-2-2 angled flat seating stopped me. That's not acceptable for a new airline in 2018 regardless of their future plans.

rather pay a bit more and go Oman Air given you're guaranteed a better product
The seat is officially a lie flat but in fact slightly angled which is supposed to be compensated by aircraft inclination. I flew QR A330 many times and never had the impression to slide in my bed.
Matt4 is offline  
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:34 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 204
This hit the blogs so hurry up and book if youre thinking about it.
George84 is offline  
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:52 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Posts: 889
Originally Posted by Matt4

The seat is officially a lie flat but in fact slightly angled which is supposed to be compensated by aircraft inclination. I flew QR A330 many times and never had the impression to slide in my bed.
Do not confuse this with newer 2-2-2 on QR a330. The new ones are indeed flat. This ones are not. Also, this seats are not the same as old seats on QR 77W. This ones are the proper sliders - I flew them couple of times are totally hated it.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
El Puerco Volante is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.