Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[not bookable] VS LHR-JFK/LAX/ ORD £683 (real) Premium Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze; LoungeKey

Apologies: NOT BOOKABLE. Price is 683- which may or may not be a good deal depending on person. Google flights says its proper Prem econ, but when sent to Delta it books you into Econonomy delight.

[LHR-JFK/LAX/ORD (and likely more)

VS real Premium Economy, not Delta's 3cm extra legroom one

£420- 460, and I presume upgradable to J.

Good deal direct from London (there are many AA/BA Ex-EU ones)

Wide open availability excl. Peak Christmas]

Last edited by xjk1; Aug 6, 2018 at 2:20 am Reason: Fare mapping error
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by xjk1
LHR-JFK/LAX/ORD (and likely more)

VS real Premium Economy, not Delta's 3cm extra legroom one

£420- 460, and I presume upgradable to J.

Good deal direct from London (there are many AA/BA Ex-EU ones)

Wide open availability excl. Peak Christmas
Please correct me if I'm indeed wrong, but these aren't bookable. They give you a link to book with DL, which has fare mapping issues. When you click through to Delta, you are booked into economy delight. The actual fare is still a bargain, at about £680, but not £400 unless something extreme has happened.

Also, VS stealthily devalued Premium by making K fares ineligible for Upper Class upgrade.

Cheers.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Appears to be Economy Delight (W) via Delta Shame, I got excited for a moment.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by godsavethepoints
Please correct me if I'm indeed wrong, but these aren't bookable. They give you a link to book with DL, which has fare mapping issues. When you click through to Delta, you are booked into economy delight. The actual fare is still a bargain, at about £680, but not £400 unless something extreme has happened.

Also, VS stealthily devalued Premium by making K fares ineligible for Upper Class upgrade.

Cheers.
Originally Posted by wmaciej
Appears to be Economy Delight (W) via Delta Shame, I got excited for a moment.
Yes apologies, I just saw on google flights when I had Premium Econ, did't actually go and click to book. I think Google flights has corrected now and is pricing them at 683, maybe its possible to pull the cost down by routing Ex-EU (not sure if VS does codeshares or something with AF and other SkyTeam members yet?)
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: VS LT Gold 1MM, BA Gold, M&M Frequent, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by godsavethepoints
K fares have never been upgradable using FlyingClub miles, only H and above. Only exceptions are that you find an agent who will bend the rules, or you have FlyingCo miles.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:10 am

Anything similar in Oneworld BA?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by capt787
Anything similar in Oneworld BA?
If you start in Oslo/ Zürich/ Dublin/ Stockholm (just have to look around given your dates) you can get it for £520-600 to LAX/JFK/SAN/LAS/ BNA/ BOS, plus others.

Sometines London is priced quite good too, especially on the return leg (ie OSL-LHR-LAX / LAX-LHR) because then you still avoid APD.

Google flights is your best friend in finding avalibilty for your dates (or ITA matrix)
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:22 am

I’m looking to go to nyc 25th Aug returning back 1st...but everything is rather expensive...
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:31 am
Original Poster

I’m looking to go to nyc 25th Aug returning back 1st...but everything is rather expensive...
You could do OSL-LHR- JFK and then JFK-LHR-ARN on your dates for £576.

Even though I’m not recommending or guaranteeing it will be okay, if you were to accidentally “miss” the LHR-ARN flight, no one should follow up- but do so only at your own risk and caution. As long as you don’t do it too often and BA/ AA don’t spot a pattern you should be fine- but again- to be safe always take the flight.

You have to add the cost of getting the flight from Lon to Osl (and the time taken), but it is all doable in one day, so no hotel needed.

Also, you can for 20,000 avios (avios peak time) upgrade to Club World. If you choose the AA flight, you’ll have to ask a more experienced Flyertalk person if it is upgradable using avios or not.

If you’re going just for PE, consider which you prefer or AA or BA.

https://www.google.co.uk/flights?q=osl+to+jfk&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=tmivn&source=lnms&impression_in_search=tru e&mode_promoted=true&tbm=flm&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjW37a putvcAhVOXRoKHcjpBt0Q_AUIESgB#flt=OSL.JFK.2018-08-25*JFK.ARN.2018-09-01;c:EUR;e:1;a:ONEWORLD;sc;sd:1;t:f;tt:m

Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:37 pm

Thank you that’s awesome!! However just seen a snag...my bags will be checked thru to ARN...
Old Aug 7, 2018, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Thank you that’s awesome!! However just seen a snag...my bags will be checked thru to ARN...
Not sure if its a good deal for you, but can be done for £729, which given the relatively short booking ahead period, and the fact that its still during the expensive summer season is still okay. The price I gave before was if you book via Iberia which when you click doesn't work/ give the flights. Instead, you have to book with AA where its more expensive, and when you change the booking to fix the bag issue goes up a little more to £729.

If its good for you: go onto AA Norway and do a Multi-city booking OSL-NYC Aug 25 / NYC-LON Sep 1/ LON-ARN Sep 2, and when it comes to selecting the LON-ARN, choose the flight at around 16:00, and then given it'll be a 10 hour or so transfer, you should definitely be able to ask for your bag to be checked to London when in New York.

Also, annoyingly (possibly due to the Iberia booking issue) it only lets you take the 11:25 out of Oslo. That means when you position you'll either have to "Back to Back" (read the forum on this, and Oslo specifically in case there are any difficulties there before you book: bags will certainly pose issues), take the early Ryanair flight to Oslo (again, bags may be an issue with connection time), or fly the evening before and stay the night (add in cost of hotel when considering price).

Finally, if its more convenient EWR instead of JFK is possible on the return flight.

Hope this helps, and if you have any flexibility maybe I can help improve the fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.