Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian Airlines : EWR - ABJ (Ivory Coast) $318 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian Airlines : EWR - ABJ (Ivory Coast) $318 RT

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
The interesting thing about this fare was PL was selling for days not available on Ethiopian airline for ticketing (which showed me every other day but not daily service). Not sure if a PL error or ET airline fat-fingered entry but I never booked this because I assumed someone err and would only book for specific days of travel.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by RooseveltL
The interesting thing about this fare was PL was selling for days not available on Ethiopian airline for ticketing (which showed me every other day but not daily service). Not sure if a PL error or ET airline fat-fingered entry but I never booked this because I assumed someone err and would only book for specific days of travel.
I got the schedule change and immediately called PL. I tried to work in a 56 hour "stopover" on LFW but they couldn't replicate my itinerary in their system. Instead my Tues-Sat became a Sun-Sat flight with an overnight in ADD and an arrival in ABJ on Tuesday morning. I was persistent with the need for my trip to not go past Saturday and ET approved my change. All in all it works out well: more miles, free transit hotel in ADD thanks to ET, and an extra day in ABJ.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:45 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by dantorsiello
I got the schedule change and immediately called PL. I tried to work in a 56 hour "stopover" on LFW but they couldn't replicate my itinerary in their system. Instead my Tues-Sat became a Sun-Sat flight with an overnight in ADD and an arrival in ABJ on Tuesday morning. I was persistent with the need for my trip to not go past Saturday and ET approved my change. All in all it works out well: more miles, free transit hotel in ADD thanks to ET, and an extra day in ABJ.
I had PL make the same change, routing through ADD on the way there, even got permission from ET to change to leaving out of IAD Dulles instead of EWR, and on the return ABJ-ADD-LFW-EWR. So double the miles RT! For the free transit hotel, did you confirm with ET? I wonder how the "No shorter connection flights" rule will be implemented, since technically there is a shorter connection offered on my return date (ABJ-LFW-EWR), but I know have a multi city itinerary? TIA
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
I had PL make the same change, routing through ADD on the way there, even got permission from ET to change to leaving out of IAD Dulles instead of EWR, and on the return ABJ-ADD-LFW-EWR. So double the miles RT! For the free transit hotel, did you confirm with ET? I wonder how the "No shorter connection flights" rule will be implemented, since technically there is a shorter connection offered on my return date (ABJ-LFW-EWR), but I know have a multi city itinerary? TIA
I emailed ET but got no response. I was in ADD two years ago and their is a transit desk to left in the hallway before the stairs that lead to immigration and the main arrival hall, and that is the desk that can help with the hotel accommodations. I've found some recent reports and ET's own website and it seems as if there is no need to confirm prior to arrival. How short is the other connection?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.