Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/AA/LATAM r/t LHR to GYE First & Business from £797

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/AA/LATAM r/t LHR to GYE First & Business from £797

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Again - none of the flights you have quoted, were for F Fares.

2 of the 4 flights are in F, while 2 are in J. I agree therefore, that 50% of the flight designations are in F. However, well over 50% of the flying time is in F opposed to J. This, however, is all for a Judge to decide, opposed to FTers whose interpretation counts, legally, for nothing.

With regards to the inferior/superior seating issue, that is a red herring which I won't delve into.

M
For once we agree It's a shaky house of cards argument that is being put forward. For starters no comparable first-class transatlantic fare/journey has yet been cited. For seconders, the fare was not promoted in any form by the carrier: indeed it lasted only hours at the dead of night in its principal market, the UK.

The key is that if BA says it made a mistake then it was a mistake fare: there's little doubt that the airline can demonstrate how the mistake came about.

Up to the airline whether or not it lets the mistake slide. I hope it does: it would be a sensible move by BA to eat humble pie. In my book, you pay for your mistakes.

But if they play hardball it will be by saying purchasers acted in bad faith, buying a ticket they should have known was offered by mistake. That gives them the legal right to pull out of their contractual obligations.

Purchasers will contend they acted in the best possible faith. An uphill struggle.

Two sides with radically conflicting views.

It will be for an ombudsman/judge/court/regulator to decide either way. Not FTers.

So probably best to wait to see what happens. If it goes pear-shaped, by all means take the airline to court. But puffing air into fabulously constructed arguments here will not help the case one jot: best keep your powder dry
Edgerfly likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
I think, and I know, that a lot of us got actual recordings of their agents confirming our tickets and telling us that everything was in order, and that we had nothing to worry about.

Now this creates a very big problem for them legally because their Reservation agents are actual “legal” agents for them when they say something. So when people have these recordings in their possession they’re extremely incriminating. So I’m just wondering now that British Airways realizes this that 1. They didn’t exactly execute the cancellation the best way 60 hours after through a mass email that obviously none of their agents knew about. 2. They canceled the tickets pretty late for a so-called mistake fare, and outside the 24 hours.

It is possible now that their legal team is deciding what to do now that all of this has come about and all of the blowback and the recordings and basically how they canceled the tickets very very poorly.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:42 pm

Just a DP. I got a call this morning from an "Unknown" caller, and that was BA calling. From the accent, I'd guess the call was made from the UK. The agent asked me to ask amex (since I booked through amex travel) to call them about the ticket. They said there are mistakes about my fare and it should have been in economy. I told him that as far as I'm concerned, my trip is confirmed, but I'll ask amex to call them. Then thanked him and hung up politely.
Then later in the afternoon, I called amex to call BA. The amex CS did not see anything wrong in their system. Then I told her that I got a call from BA, so she called BA. After about 15 mins, she came back and said the that BA told her that there were 3 options to my ticket - cancel with refund, pay current price, or downgrade to economy. I told the amex CS that I would not accept any of the options, as it has been a week and the trip has been confirmed. She agreed and went back and talked to a BA supervisor, but came back with the same thing. She also stated from BA that they will cancel the ticket later today if no option is picked. I told her that is not acceptable as this is breach of contract. She was understanding and went back to the other line with BA. Then the call dropped.
Amex never called me back. So I'm just leaving it as it is at the moment.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pointsifu
Just a DP. I got a call this morning from an "Unknown" caller, and that was BA calling. From the accent, I'd guess the call was made from the UK. The agent asked me to ask amex (since I booked through amex travel) to call them about the ticket. They said there are mistakes about my fare and it should have been in economy. I told him that as far as I'm concerned, my trip is confirmed, but I'll ask amex to call them. Then thanked him and hung up politely.
Then later in the afternoon, I called amex to call BA. The amex CS did not see anything wrong in their system. Then I told her that I got a call from BA, so she called BA. After about 15 mins, she came back and said the that BA told her that there were 3 options to my ticket - cancel with refund, pay current price, or downgrade to economy. I told the amex CS that I would not accept any of the options, as it has been a week and the trip has been confirmed. She agreed and went back and talked to a BA supervisor, but came back with the same thing. She also stated from BA that they will cancel the ticket later today if no option is picked. I told her that is not acceptable as this is breach of contract. She was understanding and went back to the other line with BA. Then the call dropped.
Make sure you people are recording all these calls. That is extremely important.

It could very well just be that they are going to be slow canceling the tickets. I mean they’re pretty slow at doing most things, including customer service, so it’s not much of a surprise.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:16 pm
Suspended

How soon is your travel date?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
How soon is your travel date?
Early December.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:32 pm

The tickets have not been cancelled yet. I guess it was 8th October but Im sure it will take a few days to process these. If the do not cancel these tickets and make a mistake then this will go down as the best error fare ever. last week we were crossing our fingers that they would not cancel this week we are crossing our fingers that they will forget to cancel.

Fingers Crossed

Last edited by peacefultraveller; Oct 9, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by peacefultraveller
The tickets have not been cancelled yet. I guess it was 8th October but Im sure it will take a few days to process these. If the do not cancel these tickets and make a mistake then this will go down as the best error fare ever. last week we were crowding our fingers that they would not cancel this week we are crossing our fingers that they will forget to cancel.

Fingers Crossed
I don’t want to divulge too much about where I’m getting information from, but I’m fairly certain they are set on canceling these tickets. At least that’s what someone inside is saying.

But as I pointed out above they may be rethinking things for the abhorrent way they cancelled these tickets. But I can guarantee you they definitely WANT to cancel them.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:49 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
For once we agree ...
Well it had to happen eventually!

M
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
I don’t want to divulge too much about where I’m getting information from, but I’m fairly certain they are set on canceling these tickets. At least that’s what someone inside is saying.

But as I pointed out above they may be rethinking things for the abhorrent way they cancelled these tickets. But I can guarantee you they definitely WANT to cancel them.
I am 99.99 % sure they are going to cancel these tickets too, but I am always living in hope and part of me still has their fingers crossed.

But until they cancel the ticket and refund us I guess I will keep dreaming

Last edited by Pat89339; Oct 10, 2017 at 8:14 am Reason: Multiple TOS 16 violations
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Anyone else got a call?
Not as yet for a ticket booked directly with BA for travel in June.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:06 am
Suspended

Well it’s strange they’ve called one person...
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:14 am

MAD-UIO in business (LIM-UIO in economy) for £1,016. Could be another error fare?? I wouldn't book this one though as it doesn't credit to the programs I follow.

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...MAD1UX176;sc=b
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I got the cancellation email from Expedia, only the BA segments, not the LX ones, it is happening, folks...

Last edited by nk15; Oct 10, 2017 at 3:35 am
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
No email as yet, but the booking is no longer showing up on ba.com.

Getting 'Error. Sorry, we are unable to display your booking as there are no flights.'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.