Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AC: AMS/DUS/... - LAX/SFO/.... €200+ return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AC: AMS/DUS/... - LAX/SFO/.... €200+ return

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
so is AC letting these fly or what's going on? I've seen some random tweets, but nothing concrete.
I just had a DM conversation on twitter and they added my MP number to the reservation.. stands to reason these are good to go?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I think it's safe to say now if you have your ticket, it's good. I've got one and I'm going to book other things for the trip now.

And if they cancel it now. Well, I'll send them an strongly worded email telling them they are bad eggs. And nobody wants to be a bad egg. So they will likely honour it once they read it I think.

Thanks.
thanaset likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:54 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

AC have already confirmed these will be honored.
thanaset likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:30 pm

I have my reservation OK, but Air Canadá changed one of the flight and now I have only 25 minutes stopover, I should call them to change my flight or just wait? My flight is in January
Old Sep 3, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
Originally Posted by Tecle
I have my reservation OK, but Air Canadá changed one of the flight and now I have only 25 minutes stopover, I should call them to change my flight or just wait? My flight is in January
i would wait until October.. there is a lot of people who bought September tickets (me also).. the earliest date of those flights are 10th of September I think.. So we will see
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:30 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tecle
Change your flight.... the sooner you do that the more options you will have. There might be more schedule changes, but changing sooner rather than later is always the best action.

And again, AC has confirmed they will honor these tickets so there is zero reason not to call.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by RobParis1
I think it's safe to say now if you have your ticket, it's good. I've got one and I'm going to book other things for the trip now.

And if they cancel it now. Well, I'll send them an strongly worded email telling them they are bad eggs. And nobody wants to be a bad egg. So they will likely honour it once they read it I think.

Thanks.
There were lots of bad eggs in this part of Europe lately.

I don't think that charge would ruffle AC's feathers.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:17 am

i will wait couple of weeks before call, I did called a week ago to confirm the reservation and it was ok
thanaset likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:04 am

Finally i did call today, they fix it, I have now one hour and a half for the stopover !
thanaset likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:20 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
I booked this fare directly on AC.com. If I go to the website to retrieve my booking, it looks funny.

On the booking page, several of my flights show up twice. For example, my second leg on the outbound is YYZ-LAS on AC1853.

It shows up first on the itinerary with a departure time of 20:30 and an arrival time of 22:52. Then, in the next line, flight AC1853 is listed a second time with a departure time of 20:55 and an arrival time of 22:52.

If I try to reserve seats, I can reserve seats for either of those two AC1853 flights.

On the inbound, several flights are listed twice as well. In fact, one lag is even listed twice with exactly identical data.

That's odd, right? Should I call up AC before making seat reservations?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:30 am

There's been a schedule change, that's all. It happened to me as well and it sorted itself out after a few days.
1flyer likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:43 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by CosmicGirl
There's been a schedule change, that's all. It happened to me as well and it sorted itself out after a few days.
The problem is still there, it's been there for 19 days.

Maybe I need to call up AC...
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Heads up to anyone.. had an issue on our outbound flight this weekend (our issue) and tried to push it back to the later flight to YYZ from EWR. AC was VERY uncooperative and wouldn't even quote a change fee and price to us. "You booked this on a special fare from the travel agent, not through us, therefore we cannot even quote you a change price".

Luckily it was just a weekend turn and we didn't lose anything but the $200 we each paid on this fare.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:41 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It was pretty clear that these were non-flexible tickets.... so no changes allowed and therefore no change fee.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Tblack15
Heads up to anyone.. had an issue on our outbound flight this weekend (our issue) and tried to push it back to the later flight to YYZ from EWR. AC was VERY uncooperative and wouldn't even quote a change fee and price to us. "You booked this on a special fare from the travel agent, not through us, therefore we cannot even quote you a change price".

Luckily it was just a weekend turn and we didn't lose anything but the $200 we each paid on this fare.
No time to stop by the airport in the morning to SDC it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.