Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AF: US-Spain/London r/t in F as low as $3,000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AF: US-Spain/London r/t in F as low as $3,000

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Tychian
I think this fare is gone.
I was working on a west coast (SFO/LAX) routing and around 11 am PST, the fares all jumped (for a wide date range) from around 4300 to 6500.

The fare basis code seems now to be FB7CUS for the 6500 USD fares.
I don't understand fare basis codes well enough to know if going from FB6CUS to FB7CUS on the same routing (across many dates) represents an end to the sale, but I'm guessing so.
yeah, they set them to expire today instead of pulling the fare. It is gone.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
Originally Posted by cfischer
yeah, they set them to expire today instead of pulling the fare. It is gone.
So this wasn't a mistake fare then? Where did it say it was supposed to expire today?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by trigleek
Where did it say it was supposed to expire today?

The fare rules show when a fare is set to expire, but despite what a previous poster stated, the fare rules (reproduced in post 13) had no expiry date.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:26 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Calchas
Yes, La Première experience is end-to-end, not just for the duration of the flight that has P seats on it. Something AF got right.
AF F > LH/LX F in nearly all respects.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The fare rules show when a fare is set to expire, but despite what a previous poster stated, the fare rules (reproduced in post 13) had no expiry date.
Thank you irishguy! Though I doubt it but hopefully Air France will have a similar promo again someday.

Last edited by trigleek; Aug 1, 2017 at 4:28 am
Old Aug 1, 2017, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trigleek
Thank you irishguy! Though I doubt it but hopefully Air France will have a similar promo again someday.
Easy come, easy go, Scaramooch
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And there was I thinking that the La Première cabin was claustrophobic...every passenger gets their own individual locker room!

Hopefully, locker room talk (à la Trump) will not be tolerated....but Dominique Strauss-Kahn was an unwelcome guest in the P cabin on AF and the airline reportedly did their best not to have any female staff members working in the cabin on his flights so it sounds like a pretty sordid experience anyway!!
Attached Images  
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The ORIGINAL rules did not show an expiry. When they 'pulled' the fare they set an expiry date rather than pulling the fare altogether.

Not that it matters, as expected, come Monday they discovered that they did not intent to give such a nice discount after all.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by SFO777
LOL. Obviously, you've never flown La Première or experienced their CDG ground service and lounge.
You have a tendency to make rude comments that aren't helpful or objective at all. Onboard, where exactly would I go if I get stuck with 3 pax as delightful as yourself, for instance? That's what I meant by my previous comment of AF F not having a dedicated bar area as in onboard bar, not airport lounge.

I have flown AF F many times and like it or not, it ain't Etihad or Emirates. The cabin is beautiful but very small.

Last edited by fly747first; Aug 2, 2017 at 10:57 pm
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Touché!
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Fare not completely dead, if you can position to MIA. Routing via JFK also available for the 777.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: WP
Has anyone tried to change the return portion of their flights? Facing some repricing scenario that is based on current fare
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by island82
Has anyone tried to change the return portion of their flights? Facing some repricing scenario that is based on current fare
This seems incorrect.

If there is no change to the first fare component then the itinerary may be repriced using historical fares in effect at the time of the original issue, or current fares, whichever is lower.

In the case of the use of historical fares, the new itinerary needs to satisfy all the requirements of the historical fare(s) including advance purchase, minimum stay, etc. Advance purchase is measured from the date of the original issue.

There was a 450 USD change fee.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by Calchas
This seems incorrect.

If there is no change to the first fare component then the itinerary may be repriced using historical fares in effect at the time of the original issue, or current fares, whichever is lower.

In the case of the use of historical fares, the new itinerary needs to satisfy all the requirements of the historical fare(s) including advance purchase, minimum stay, etc. Advance purchase is measured from the date of the original issue.

There was a 450 USD change fee.
You are right, it is only 450usd to change the return portion if all requirements are met, I just needed to push my return 1 week later.

So after a total of 4 hours on the phone between Amex Plat travel and DL/KL/AF JV desk, I got it all squared at 2am.

First called Amex since I purchased my ticket from them and was quoted 7k+ USD, buying a new roundtrip F would have been cheaper...thanked the agent, and hanged up.

Second call to the JV desk, not the best agent, she said the only flight available was on DL, I told her DL doesn't offers F class in TATL, she insisted DL does, and ultimately said "Do you want this flight or not?" , no thanks! Thanked her and hanged up.

Third call to the JV desk, better agent, she managed to make the change, unbeknownst to me, it was reissued in J class and was asked for add collect of 1k+ USD(fare difference + change fee), was tired at this time and just paid for it. While still on the line with her, I checked the new itinerary, and noticed it was in J, no no no, told her it is supposed to be in F. At this time the call has been going on for 2 hours, she asked to put me on hold, so she can reach back to ticketing, 1 hour later, finally reissued at the right fare class and was refunded the fare difference collected earlier in the form of a voucher, not a problem for me. Before the call ended, she said "There is a survey after the call and I strive for a 5". I said, if there was a 10, I would have given it to you.

Shows the difference between agents who really work on behalf of the customer versus those who just move it along. The second JV agent could have just ended the call with tough luck sir, but she stayed all the way till the end.
Calchas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.