Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AF: US-Spain/London r/t in F as low as $3,000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AF: US-Spain/London r/t in F as low as $3,000

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by beachfan
Already holding the 77w nonstop in J, is the 777 AF F hardproduct much better than 77w J on AA?
Hmmmm. If I say ten times I won't be overstating
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stephem
Earlier in July, AA filed a bunch of ex-US I fares that book into A class (they all have EUUP designator on the end of the fare), the AF fare do seem to be a response. The AA fare are 150 day advanced purchase and available for a range of cities but of course AA F is a lesser product. Bummer on the 90 and 150 day advance, otherwise i would use these for a trip in late October.
LOL, bold is mine to highlight the Understatement of the Decade. AA F is Ryanair compared to AF F ( I really wish they wouldn't have associated such a great name with such a terrible airline!) .

OP - Thanks for pointing this out, really amazing fare for this product and looking to grab a long weekend in EU on this. For those in the west coast its well worth taking the extra leg to SFO to get the 777 vs the 380.

I am thinking about LAX-LHR over. thanksgiving.

Already holding the 77w nonstop in J, is the 777 AF F hardproduct much better than 77w J on AA?

I'm not sure the lounge is worth. the layover, as I can always get a meal at a high end restaurant in London
OMG yes, there really is no comparison between the 777 AF F product and the AA 77W J. Plus the ground service is miles ahead of AA. As to the lounge, everyone values things differently I suppose and yes you can get a good restaurant in London, but the AF F CDG lounge its regarded as one of the best airline lounges on the planet and the food is restaurant quality. IMO its worth the layover.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Incredible value on AF. I haven't seen La Première this cheap!

edit: works to other places in Europe (eg. LON, HEL, etc), but I find Spain to be the cheapest.
Thank you so much for finding and posting this!

I priced out a JFK-BCN | LHR-LAX itinerary for $4050 directly on AF so called up Amex Platinum for their price. I was quoted a higher published fare of $4250 but after the savings was applied, it came down to $3640.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
.... is the 777 AF F hardproduct much better than 77w J on AA?

Not in the same universe.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
Thank you so much for finding and posting this!

I priced out a JFK-BCN | LHR-LAX itinerary for $4050 directly on AF so called up Amex Platinum for their price. I was quoted a higher published fare of $4250 but after the savings was applied, it came down to $3640.
Just so a simple person (me) understands correctly, the AMEX savings only took the total price down $610? I'm assuming you're talking about the buy one full fare First Class ticket and get the second one for only taxes and such.

Am I understanding you correctly?

Thanks in advance...
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by woody125
Just so a simple person (me) understands correctly, the AMEX savings only took the total price down $610? I'm assuming you're talking about the buy one full fare First Class ticket and get the second one for only taxes and such.

Am I understanding you correctly?

Thanks in advance...
They no longer do the BOGO. They have discounts on F/J/PE fares, including discounted fare buckets that vary by carrier and bucket.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by ryan182
LOL, bold is mine to highlight the Understatement of the Decade. AA F is Ryanair compared to AF F ( I really wish they wouldn't have associated such a great name with such a terrible airline!) .

OP - Thanks for pointing this out, really amazing fare for this product and looking to grab a long weekend in EU on this. For those in the west coast its well worth taking the extra leg to SFO to get the 777 vs the 380.

OMG yes, there really is no comparison between the 777 AF F product and the AA 77W J. Plus the ground service is miles ahead of AA. As to the lounge, everyone values things differently I suppose and yes you can get a good restaurant in London, but the AF F CDG lounge its regarded as one of the best airline lounges on the planet and the food is restaurant quality. IMO its worth the layover.
I can see it worth the layover on the return, but on the outbound, I don't want a meal, or a lounge after a TATL redeye from LAX - I want a 2 hour nap and then a walk about the town. I have zero appetite at that time. But it does seem worthwhile just based on hard product.

Does the lounge have a nap area? Can this fare work with a 23 hour layover in Paris on the return (say from LHR)

ETA - I just realized this is all academic for me as AF is not my qualifying airline on Amex, so I wouldn't get the 50% MR points back on my biz plat card

Last edited by beachfan; Jul 28, 2017 at 11:08 pm
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I can see it worth the layover on the return, but on the outbound, I don't want a meal, or a lounge after a TATL redeye from LAX - I want a 2 hour nap and then a walk about the town. I have zero appetite at that time. But it does seem worthwhile just based on hard product.

Does the lounge have a nap area? Can this fare work with a 23 hour layover in Paris on the return (say from LHR)

from Sam Chui's lounge review that one should read either way to just see how amazing it is.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive

ETA - I just realized this is all academic for me as AF is not my qualifying airline on Amex, so I wouldn't get the 50% MR points back on my biz plat card
On an F (or J) fare, you can get points back from any airline (IIRC)
Old Jul 29, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries

Is that only dor business plat?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by SQPPS
Yes. Amex Business Platinum is the only platinum card that offers a percentage back when you pay with points. Personal cards do not.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
thanks!

anyone get a 23 hour layover on the fare?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP
fare looks gone for most dates
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by jonnevin
fare looks gone for most dates
I see it in November. eg. BOS-BIO (DL-AF) $3,087 USD, and I checked, it links directly to both AF and DL.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by SQPPS
Originally Posted by jacisme
Yes. Amex Business Platinum is the only platinum card that offers a percentage back when you pay with points. Personal cards do not.
To be punctilious here, one has to have the Amex Business Platinum to qualify for the rebate, which is variously 50% (for a year for those who got the card before something like 1 June 2017) or 35%. This said, it has been the case that the ticket charge can go on any Amex enrolled card as long as you simultaneously have the Amex Business Card. In another (Amex) thread, some of us nervously await confirmation that this is still the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.