Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba business: Nyc-zrh/fra/bru $1605

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba business: Nyc-zrh/fra/bru $1605

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

never mind. Confused by a double negative...
Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: ex-ExPlat, AA Lifetime Platinum
the last time i looked to book thru the AARP website it only showed a $200 savings. is the $400 savings current?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:46 am

Trick to using AARP discount?

I can't seem to get the aarp discount. I sign in to AARP and click the BA business discount link. Then I get a notification that I am leaving the aarp site and heading to BA.com (ba.com/aarp). I enter my flight search and go all the way through to the payment page on ba.com, but it doesn't appear that the discount is applied. Could someone please share the correct ba.com link or tips so that I can make sure I am getting the discount? I ran a search and checked the newbie lounge but could not find the answer. Many thanks!

Thanks for the fare alert, OP.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by geezersrule
the last time i looked to book thru the AARP website it only showed a $200 savings. is the $400 savings current?
It's $200 regularly. The $400 savings was a temporary thing for a few days (expired June 29).
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by ShieldsD
As an American who resides overseas, and a card-holding AARP member, I can attest that the $400 discount does NOT work if you are not a USA resident.
Is that determined by IP address? Perhaps a VPN could help?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Originally Posted by geezersrule
It has been reduced to $200. Luckily I have a couple of tickets which I purchased when it was $400 which I stacked with the Chase offer and a two for one price so got two BA tickets in business to Rome for $2800.

Also, under the T&C's "This exclusive AARP member offer is open to US residents paying in US dollars only, with travel originating in the US." and "Discount does not apply to open jaw journey (only round-trip with same origin and destination permitted)."
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry to go OT, but is the no open jaw restriction new? We did JFK-GLA/EDI-JFK and JFK-GLA/ORY-EWR in December.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.