Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Aa: Sea/atl/dtw/msp/slc/cvg-pap $369

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Aa: Sea/atl/dtw/msp/slc/cvg-pap $369

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
Sounds like you have called AA multiple times, thanks for calling and putting everyone's tickets at risk for being canceled. This is a great deal and one rogue agent could have all of the remaining reservations canceled as the airlines have been doing as of late. Remember the golden rule of FT is to NEVER call.
Sure boss, at least a refund will be in order.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
Sounds like you have called AA multiple times, thanks for calling and putting everyone's tickets at risk for being canceled. This is a great deal and one rogue agent could have all of the remaining reservations canceled as the airlines have been doing as of late. Remember the golden rule of FT is to NEVER call.
What should this person have done instead of call?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
What should this person have done instead of call?
The first flight did not work for me at all, so I would need to call at least once. However, I should have asked the first agent to recap my itinerary as she messed it up hugely. I think everyone has a right to call at least once if it doesn't work, but I'll recap with the agent in the future.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by idiosyncrasy
The first flight did not work for me at all, so I would need to call at least once. However, I should have asked the first agent to recap my itinerary as she messed it up hugely. I think everyone has a right to call at least once if it doesn't work, but I'll recap with the agent in the future.
I agree with you. I would have called in your circumstance. I was asking the other poster what he thinks you should have done since he said to NEVER call.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Hi guys,

go figure i would book this fare to PAP for tomorrow. My question is, the travel waiver states that I cannot make changes to origin or destination. I only planned to be in PAP for 3 hours. Wouldn't SEA technically be my origin AND destination ?

Going to the airport in a bit to try and figure something out. Hoping they will just cut PAP out of the fare and let me do ... LAX MIA JFK ... instead. Damn this hurricane !
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Hi guys,

go figure i would book this fare to PAP for tomorrow. My question is, the travel waiver states that I cannot make changes to origin or destination. I only planned to be in PAP for 3 hours. Wouldn't SEA technically be my origin AND destination ?

Going to the airport in a bit to try and figure something out. Hoping they will just cut PAP out of the fare and let me do ... LAX MIA JFK ... instead. Damn this hurricane !
Yikes! Yes, I would avoid MIA and PAP for sure. Not sure how they would handle this though; sorry.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Hi guys,

There's no way they're going to buy SEA as both ends. If they did, they'd have let you do an MR to, say, JNB, at no extra cost, for one thing.

My suspicion is that PAP will not be majorly affected as Irma passes, AA would be happy to reched you for the 10-12th. Alternatively, take the full refund.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
There's no way they're going to buy SEA as both ends. If they did, they'd have let you do an MR to, say, JNB, at no extra cost, for one thing.

My suspicion is that PAP will not be majorly affected as Irma passes, AA would be happy to reched you for the 10-12th. Alternatively, take the full refund.
Update

As it turned out I decided to fly the SEA LAX leg and see what would happen in LA. Once at LAX I asked nicely to be re routed LAX JFK(-DFW -SEA).. the guy says, would LAX - JFK - LAX - SEA work out with you? Sure ...

it was the 3 cabin A321! I just finished this run and had the flat bed business class both ways lax/nyc, and got to spend a bunch of time in the new AA Flagship first lounge.

Absolutely exhausted but it was fun.. and was spared the hurricane drama
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:18 am

Anyone do the same day turn and get the dreaded SSSS?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AA PLT, DL GM, SPG GLD, Hyatt GLD, SPG GLD
You won't get SSSS in Haiti, if that's what you mean. It's Haitian airport security at the checkpoint, and a bunch of AA rent-a-cops at the gate upstairs. They probably don't even know what SSSS means.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Just returned from a 5 day trip, it was amazing, especially the Cap-Haitian area. Flying in a Beechcraft 1900D to CAP was awesome. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread to make this journey easier. One question, when will my miles and activity post on my AS account?

Update: My AA miles just posted on my AS account, quicker than I anticipated. 150% is awesome!

Last edited by JetSetDave; Nov 29, 2017 at 7:01 am Reason: Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.