Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

tool to search by destination, don't care about origin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Do you know of a tool where I can search for flights based on destination.

Ideally where I can state: anywhere FROM North America to PPT Tahiti anytime in May, business class

Like Google flights...only in reverse
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I'd be interested in the answer to this too.

google flights will let you search an unknown destination with a fixed origin, but not the other way around (so far as I know).

ITA Matrix lets you specify multiple origins to a fixed destination (including every airport with 300, 500, etc. miles), but it seems to time out without searching very deeply.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by AAaLot
Ideally where I can state: anywhere FROM North America to PPT Tahiti anytime in May, business class
IMO not available. It's technically possible, but not practical as the search engine would have to compare millions of combinations.

It would probably work for non-stop flights to a destination (provided it isn't a major hub) but as soon as you throw stops into the mix, you get too many potential combinations to check.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:38 am

I would love to be able to reverse search. I've tried putting in my destination into the origination box on Google flights which sometimes helps to find where they have cheap flights to, but it's by no means effective enough.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
You can enter up to five origins in google.com/flights. It isn't what you are looking for, but it is better than one at a time.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:58 am

www.skyscanner.com and www.kiwi.com let you search:
- anywhere FROM X country to PPT Tahiti anytime in May
- anywhere FROM a circle in the map to PPT Tahiti anytime in May
However, none of them seem to let you search business class flights.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
Airfarewatchdog

you can use their dropdown menus for deals to or from major locations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.