Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ethiopian OSL-JNB £559

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ethiopian OSL-JNB £559

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Shl
You might want to read this. Now it is about, do we get lucky on this route.
It seems likely, as their brand new 787s (which you would assume have the new seats) are flying the European routes.

If the tickets don't get cancelled anyway of course!...
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by cooksey87
It seems likely, as their brand new 787s (which you would assume have the new seats) are flying the European routes.

If the tickets don't get cancelled anyway of course!...
I thought the flight OSL-ARN-ADD was a 787 and the ADD-JNB leg was the new A350 (with full lie-flat seats).
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I thought the flight OSL-ARN-ADD was a 787 and the ADD-JNB leg was the new A350 (with full lie-flat seats).
With ET you never know which plane your get. Until you have arrived at your destination.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:57 pm
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
I booked via Amex travel and on ET webpage i have that I paid 200GBP (instead 563) and I have message
Unknown Payment Problem

We cannot recognise some reservation and/or electronic ticket elements. If you have any queries about your reservation, please contact the office (e.g. Travel Agency, partner airline office) that made the reservation and/or issued the ticket.
but I know don't call
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Pawel Siewko
I booked via Amex travel and on ET webpage i have that I paid 200GBP (instead 563) and I have message
Double EF in other words.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: *A Gold
Don't worry about this message. I have flown Ethiopian many a times and this message is standard when the booking is done through TA or OTA.
Originally Posted by Pawel Siewko

but I know don't call
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Same here - says that I have paid 230 EUR with a Mastercard. Neither is true. Hehehe, ET seems to be all over the place.

No error message in my booking. I selected seats on the ADD-JNB legs. Not possible to select seats on the 787 from OSL.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by skrosvik
No error message in my booking. I selected seats on the ADD-JNB legs. Not possible to select seats on the 787 from OSL.
Same here - no issues selecting seats on other flights, but not possible OSL-ADD & ADD-OSL.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Don't you find it strange that only one person has reported a cancellation call?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by SvenAge
I was curious how ET business compares with other airlines like AA/BA/AC/EY/QR/9W. Does anyone have any recent experience?
Flew FRA-ADD-JRO in business about six months ago and quite enjoyed it. Comfortable seats, decent food (though there weren't any actual Ethiopian cuisine options), and the amenity kit bags were quite a cool departure from others I've collected. I slept quite well on the flight - no complaints. It's was a 2-2-2 config, but I was happy with it. If you're traveling as a pair, no issue. And the cabin was empty enough that you could get a solo seat if you had a neighbor but wanted to move.

Also, the biz lounge (not the *G) one at ADD has delicious fire-roasted coffee.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by jlisi984
Don't you find it strange that only one person has reported a cancellation call?
Don't believe that was a true story. Tripsta never call people just because they couldn't issue a ticket, they will just send a email to them.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by jlisi984
No. The concerned OTA was Tripsta and they apparently do manual ticketing.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: Lukas
cancelled

I have to also say Tripsta called me and cancelled the flight

Originally Posted by 31570324
Don't believe that was a true story. Tripsta never call people just because they couldn't issue a ticket, they will just send a email to them.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Lukinap
I have to also say Tripsta called me and cancelled the flight
But it wasn't ticketed, I guess?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: Lukas
Yes, ticketed and had ticket number.

Originally Posted by afirm
But it wasn't ticketed, I guess?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.