2017 Trips on DL

Old Dec 25, 16, 2:29 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ATL
Programs: Delta Skymiles
Posts: 241
2017 Trips on DL

For those still working on '16 MR's - good luck! I've made my '17 DM status (even forgoing my 4th MR that would have conflicted with the ACC Championship Game), but since I'm addicted and even though I'm projecting to make DM again next year without as much effort, I want to keep my eyes open for some good MR's. My favorite (did it 3x) was the same day ATL-IAH-SLC-ATL in FC for $350-$450. I don't see that as a current option, but if anyone wants to book in the future, and with only a few minutes of searching, I found these:


1/14 ATL-MSP-SLC-ATL (same day) that is $569 for FC and with 50% bonus, I think it should be about 5229 MQMs

5/6 ATL-SAT-SLC-ATL (same day) that is $528 for FC and should be about 5323 MQMs.

Happy holidays and HNY!
Ed
CrazyEddie is offline  
Old Dec 25, 16, 8:26 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Knoxville, TN
Programs: Delta (diamond), Hilton (diamond)
Posts: 64
I did a ATL-DFW via SLC and a ATL-IAH via SLC in 2016, so I was looking for the same deals in 2017. Lo and behold, the fares are still low, BUT the fare rules now specify direct/nonstop which obviously pushes the CPM into "stoopid" category. Shame! I've seen this on a few more of the "good" 2016 runs so I'm in the middle of looking for new sweet spots for 2017....
TYSDoc is offline  
Old Dec 25, 16, 9:00 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ATL
Programs: Delta Skymiles
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by TYSDoc View Post
I did a ATL-DFW via SLC and a ATL-IAH via SLC in 2016, so I was looking for the same deals in 2017. Lo and behold, the fares are still low, BUT the fare rules now specify direct/nonstop which obviously pushes the CPM into "stoopid" category. Shame! I've seen this on a few more of the "good" 2016 runs so I'm in the middle of looking for new sweet spots for 2017....
Fingers crossed those will come back!
CrazyEddie is offline  
Old Apr 2, 17, 11:44 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Toledo, OH USA
Posts: 40
> 1/14 ATL-MSP-SLC-ATL (same day) that is $569 for FC and with 50% bonus, I think it should be about 5229 MQMs

5/6 ATL-SAT-SLC-ATL (same day) that is $528 for FC and should be about 5323 MQMs. <


5/6 MIA-MSP-DFW-DTW-MIA (same day) $485 for FC 6727 MQMs.

Bob

Last edited by BobBell; Apr 2, 17 at 2:25 pm
BobBell is offline  
Old Apr 2, 17, 6:13 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ATL
Programs: Delta Skymiles
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by BobBell View Post
> 1/14 ATL-MSP-SLC-ATL (same day) that is $569 for FC and with 50% bonus, I think it should be about 5229 MQMs

5/6 ATL-SAT-SLC-ATL (same day) that is $528 for FC and should be about 5323 MQMs. <


5/6 MIA-MSP-DFW-DTW-MIA (same day) $485 for FC 6727 MQMs.

Bob
They are back - but this time they are not "pay with miles" eligible.
CrazyEddie is offline  
Old Apr 2, 17, 6:52 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SFO/SJC, BWI
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Posts: 10,810
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie View Post
They are back - but this time they are not "pay with miles" eligible.
PWM should be purely a function of having a DL-branded AMEX credit card associated with your SkyMiles account.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ith-miles.html

it also says "Miles redemptions must be in 5,000 mile increments, with a minimum of 5,000 miles for redemption" -- do you have fewer than 5,000 miles in your account where maybe you had more last time?

As derided as SkyPesos are, I've gotten 1.6-1.8+ cpm domestically and 2.5+ TPAC J on partner metal so for me personaly I can't imagine a situation where I'd want to PWM. But if the routes you frequent are consistently overpriced for award travel, then sure.
Zorak is online now  
Old Apr 2, 17, 6:59 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ATL
Programs: Delta Skymiles
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
PWM should be purely a function of having a DL-branded AMEX credit card associated with your SkyMiles account.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ith-miles.html

it also says "Miles redemptions must be in 5,000 mile increments, with a minimum of 5,000 miles for redemption" -- do you have fewer than 5,000 miles in your account where maybe you had more last time?

As derided as SkyPesos are, I've gotten 1.6-1.8+ cpm domestically and 2.5+ TPAC J on partner metal so for me personaly I can't imagine a situation where I'd want to PWM. But if the routes you frequent are consistently overpriced for award travel, then sure.
I have plenty of SM, so under 5k miles can't be the issue. For $500+ when I have as many as I do, I'd often prefer to PwM as opposed to cash. First of all, it is often difficult to get these routes to go thru to Delta at all. On some routes, I have to do ITA - and there is no PwM option.
CrazyEddie is offline  
Old Apr 3, 17, 9:51 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ATL
Programs: Delta Skymiles
Posts: 241
sorry

Last edited by CrazyEddie; Apr 3, 17 at 9:53 am Reason: Accidentally duplicated post
CrazyEddie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread