Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Expedia was able to process the refund for 1 of my 3 itins but it will take 6 to 8 weeks. Seems that AZ wants to push this problem into next year.

One itin could apparently only be cancelled for €200

The 3rd one could not be cancelled by Expedia at all. Need to call AZ but their lines are so busy that I get a 'the number you are trying to contact does not respond'...
Originally Posted by dsf
Really not sure how anyone can be genuinely surprised that a company which made such a monumental mess when filing a fare last week is also making a monumental mess of the fallout. Plus very little application of Hanlon's razor going on here.
there is that... fair analysis.

The info on the Saudi site is bothersome. It's been 24 hours and my itinerary does not show updated there. Which makes me think they are doing some other hacking of sorts with these itineraries..using strange back doors, to what end, I don't know. But the lack of consistency between systems tells me they aren't changing things through the normal 'front door' as it were.

Really makes me wonder, what god's name they are doing.... like spaghetti...

very curious how this will unravel.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by keitherson
It'd be helpful to know if anyone on KL 074-, AF 057-, DL 006-, or AA 001- ticket stock got cancelled. There's been only one report. Thanks!
Still strong here.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:08 pm
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
In the German blog "Urlaubspiraten" a user wrote, that he has been stopped in AUH. Airport personell said, that he would not have a valid ticket to Sydney as it had been cancelled. He states that they would not allow him to travel to Sydney as the ticket was only good to travel to DUS. He also added, that authorities are checking on him with potential imprisonment since he does not have a valid travel document to enter the United Arab Emirates.They argue, that it would not be allowed to enter the country without having a forward travel document.

It is not clear if it is a genuine post. However, I thought to inform the forum about this.

Another user reported on VFT that he is on the way to AUH with destination JNB. He could check in without any problems.

Last edited by Shl; Dec 15, 2016 at 2:19 pm Reason: note klaus
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Both my 055 and non-055 are still ok. But given that they appear to be doing these chronologically by travel date, I'd expect mine to be some of the very last ones impacted.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Shl
In the German blog "Urlaubspiraten" a user wrote, that he has been stopped in AUH. Airport personell said, that he would not have a valid ticket to Sydney as it had been cancelled. He states that they would not allow him to travel to Sydney as the ticket was only good to travel to DUS. He also added, that authorities are checking on him with potential imprisonment since he does not have a valid travel document to enter Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia???????????????

AFAICT German citizens should have no problems with getting visa-on-arrival to UAE, so if the report is true, they're probably just terrified and airport personel threatening them isn't helping.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by klausa
damn, AZ has time-travelling instructions
So must you, if you are not currently in December 2016 with the rest of us!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Shl
In the German blog "Urlaubspiraten" a user wrote, that he has been stopped in AUH. Airport personell said, that he would not have a valid ticket to Sydney as it had been cancelled. He states that they would not allow him to travel to Sydney as the ticket was only good to travel to DUS. He also added, that authorities are checking on him with potential imprisonment since he does not have a valid travel document to enter Saudi Arabia.

It is not clear if it is a genuine post. However, I thought to inform the forum about this.

Another user reported on VFT that he is on the way to AUH with destination JNB. He could check in without any problems.
Abu Dhabi is NOT in Saudi Arabia and German citizens can get a visa on arrival in the UAE without showing a return ticket. This post sounds dubious at best.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Finnair Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, National EE
Who said he was a German citizen?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:19 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
delete. didn't read properly. second time today

Last edited by dsf; Dec 15, 2016 at 2:20 pm Reason: displaying my own idiocy
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:19 pm

So there is one guy stranded in AUH. Booked via a german travel blog.

His boarding in AUH for his flight to SYD was denied because he dont have a ticket anymore.

https://www.urlaubspiraten.de/fluge/...585-euro_25175
Sry its only german
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:22 pm
Shl

Originally Posted by klausa
Saudi Arabia???????????????

AFAICT German citizens should have no problems with getting visa-on-arrival to UAE, so if the report is true, they're probably just terrified and airport personel threatening them isn't helping.
Thx Klausa, I of course meant to write United Arab Emirates. According to the blog post, they argue that it would not be allowed to enter the country without a valid travel document for the next destination. (Post changed accordingly).

I can only think, that they say, the ticket would not even have been valid to travel to AUH but only to DUS. Could be that the cancellation happened during he was in the air. That would explain things.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by Psychowildfire
So there is one guy stranded in AUH. Booked via a german travel blog.

His boarding in AUH for his flight to SYD was denied because he dont have a ticket anymore.

https://www.urlaubspiraten.de/fluge/...585-euro_25175
Sry its only german
see supra
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Shl

If you mean the following, there is no mention of Saudi Arabia.

The threat is to imprison him in Abu Dhabi for entering the country without a valid onward ticket:

Etihad must be even more pissed than AZ!

Oh Mann, scheiße! Ich bin heute Morgen noch ganz ohne Probleme aus Florenz weggekommen, sitze jetzt aber in Abu Dhabi und darf nicht in den Flieger nach Sydney. Die sagen dort ich habe ein ungültiges Ticket und dürfte mit diesem Ticket eigentlich nur nach Düsseldorf fliegen und alles andere ist storniert. WAS SOLL DAS?? Man hat mir jetzt sogar angedroht, dass ich am Flughafen ins Gefängnis komme, weil ich ohne gültiges Weiterflugticket eingereist bin und das dort wohl gegen die Gesetze verstößt. HILFE?? Hat jemand eine Idee??
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
so is it now better to cancel pro-actively? I booked with expedia.uk Or just wait?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:27 pm
Shl

Originally Posted by irishguy28
If you mean the following, there is no mention of Saudi Arabia.

The threat is to imprison him in Abu Dhabi for entering the country without a valid onward ticket:
Thx irishguy28, I have corrected my initial post already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.