Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:02 am

Very nice to honor 600 to 1000€ flights from Italy to Germany one way. A bargain.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:04 am

My flr-tko-dus route on Alitalia and Cathay pacific just got cancelled. I was set to depart on dec 27th. Am I entitled to compensation via eu regulations? This is definitely less than 2 weeks out. I already have positioning flights purchased. :-(
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by Psychowildfire
Very nice to honor 600 to 1000€ flights from Italy to Germany one way. A bargain.
It's a J ticket
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Danusa86
This might interest you, just published by the Italian forum "Aviazione Civile" - an official statement by Alitalia:

"Upon request of Aviazione Civile, Alitalia has officially explained what happened over the past weekend. Due to an IT problem, on some third-party websites (not Alitalia's), some tickets in business class for the Florence to Dusseldorf route have been sold as a complex itinerary that included unlikely stopovers. Such websites allowed to buy tickets on Alitalia and partners' flights, between Florence and Dusseldorf, by adding stopovers all over the world, at a price that was indeed very low for such a complex itinerary. Such error has been labelled as an "error fare" on many aviation websites that reported about the "supposed offer". The fact that such websites called this an error fare and warned customers of possible cancellations shows without shadow of a doubt that people who bought these tickets were completely aware of this being Alitalia's error and not a genuine offer. Alitalia has officially decided to "honor" the tickets between Florence and Dusseldorf that include only a stopover in Rome, but to cancel any other ticket that has been issued exploiting such evident mistake. Tickets will be refundable".
Thank you. Please link to the original!

Grazie!
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Dancrane
It's a J ticket
Chapeau ^

G
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Anyone has already a 074 ticket with KL flight numbers cancelled?

this is all about the ex FLR tickets? or are there ex DUS also re-scheduled already?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by poohfighter
My flr-tko-dus route on Alitalia and Cathay pacific just got cancelled. I was set to depart on dec 27th. Am I entitled to compensation via eu regulations? This is definitely less than 2 weeks out. I already have positioning flights purchased. :-(
No. You have been re-routed on a more optimal journey so you are good to go. Your ticket has NOT been cancelled. You are still good to go from FLR to DUS.

If you choose not to travel, that is your decision.

And you were advised here not to make non-refundable plans around this...

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Thank you. Please link to the original!

Grazie!
http://www.aviazionecivile.org/vb/sh...-fare-Alitalia
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond
Crazy conspiracy time...

They knew all about it on Friday when the bookings peaked, decided they weren't going to let some pesky individuals ruin their weekend of la dolce vita, and figured they'd just sort it when they were back in the office.

And as a plus they could use the forward premium fare bookings stats in their board meeting as evidence to secure a cash injection!

(I don't actually think this for one second by the way!)
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by M17SST
(I don't actually think this for one second by the way!)
Neither did those posters who raised the prospect several thousand pages back...
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Danusa86
This might interest you, just published by the Italian forum "Aviazione Civile" - an official statement by Alitalia:

"Upon request of Aviazione Civile, Alitalia has officially explained what happened over the past weekend. Due to an IT problem, on some third-party websites (not Alitalia's), some tickets in business class for the Florence to Dusseldorf route have been sold as a complex itinerary that included unlikely stopovers. Such websites allowed to buy tickets on Alitalia and partners' flights, between Florence and Dusseldorf, by adding stopovers all over the world, at a price that was indeed very low for such a complex itinerary. Such error has been labelled as an "error fare" on many aviation websites that reported about the "supposed offer". The fact that such websites called this an error fare and warned customers of possible cancellations shows without shadow of a doubt that people who bought these tickets were completely aware of this being Alitalia's error and not a genuine offer. Alitalia has officially decided to "honor" the tickets between Florence and Dusseldorf that include only a stopover in Rome, but to cancel any other ticket that has been issued exploiting such evident mistake. Tickets will be refundable".
AZ has for sure a very good J product and some lounges, such as the one in VCE, have already been nicely refurbished but this official statement also demonstrates that they have a not too bad PR team :-))
Too bad for my bookings but very well done AZ !!
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Neither did those posters who raised the prospect several thousand pages back...
Ha! Yes I know it was mentioned. I just kind of like the thought that instead of it being deliberate as in some pseudo marketing affair to boost cash that instead they watched it unfurl and thought 'meh, we'll worry about that next week'!
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by poohfighter
I really doubt about it but you won't be 100% sure until you try
And you'll probably have to argue a lot because the flights haven't been canceled...
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by FFlyerCDG
AZ has for sure a very good J product and some lounges, such as the one in VCE, have already been nicely refurbished
The one in MXP is top. Pity, though, that there are not many flights left - waste. Oh and I didn't know they refurbished the lounge in VCE.

G
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by studentCPH
I hope so, but that wasn't what was said in post #2342
it was, though:

"...we will go all the way and offer them a full refund whatever the fare code as a gesture of goodwill".

I'll leave it up to you to determine if every ticket was fully-refundable, and if every combination of fare class, ticket, and OTA would have resulted in a full refund with no party imposing any fees, but this also increases the chances of Expedia (and hopefully others, that receive the same communique) from waiving their own cancellation fees, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.