Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Palmer
My Flights app showing FLR - CDG and CDG - BKK on AF on 20 December cancelled. There's new flights showing for 24 December - FLR - FCO in Y and FCO - DUS in C on AZ.

Palmer
Did you have other carriers on your ticket apart from AF/AZ?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
For those with "exchanged" tickets- has anyone looked at re-billed charges? Does it show refunds? Or show as new tickets?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Mmmm looking like all close in bookings being cancelled.

I never expected this to stick but moving departure dates? Surely that requires asking?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Morgo
I half hope that the above are prank posts...

...if true it would set a precedent for an airline, which has issued a multi-city itinerary, to amend an itinerary to the most direct STARTING AIRPORT -> FINAL AIRPORT route. Makes a mockery of the multi-city booking system and destroys trust in the process.

I'd rather they just flat out cancel the tickets (which I'd have no issue with given the premise of this ticket) than unilaterally decide to issue a new routing of their whim.
I don't see this as setting a precedent, the nuance here is that it was a one-way Florence-Dusseldorf fare that mistakenly allowed other routings. In a way AZ is teaching people a lesson, you booked a fare from A to B, we take you from A to B
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
I never expected this to stick but moving departure dates? Surely that requires asking?
I wouldn't expect that they've finished with those tickets just yet...

I hope no-one was going home for Christmas with one of these tickets. Or, if you were, that any originally-made plan is still available to you!
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Delta Plat, BA Gold
Rome to Seoul
Cancelled Flight Saturday, 31 December, 2016 Cancelled Flight
Alitalia Flight Number: AZ7686
To: Seoul (ICN-Incheon Intl.) Arrive: 17:00 +1 day
Aircraft: Boeing 777 Jet
Operated By: OPERATED BY KOREAN AIR(AZ)
Florence to Rome
Flight Change Details 31 December, 2016 Monday, 02 January, 2017 (change) Change in flight
Alitalia Flight Number: AZ 1678 1676 (change)
From: Florence (FLR-Peretola) Depart: 11:45 07:20 (change)
To: Rome (FCO-Leonardo Da Vinci) Arrive: 12:35 08:10 (change)
Aircraft: Airbus A319

My FCO-ICN J outbound leg on Dec 31 got cancelled, FLR-FCO got moved to 2 days later. It was good while the dream lasted.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
I don't see this as setting a precedent, the nuance here is that it was a one-way Florence-Dusseldorf fare that mistakenly allowed other routings. In a way AZ is teaching people a lesson, you booked a fare from A to B, we take you from A to B
I (as a stupid customer) booked FLR-PPT / PPT-DUS .... ticketrules? whats that?

thank you!
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Except people booked this using multi-city search and most itineraties were were A to C *stopover* to B. No one booked this as a DUS-ROM-FLR.

ALITALIA CANCEL THOSE TICKETS OR LEAVE THEM AS THEY ARE. I already see some people suing them here

Good luck for those who had tickets reissued because of schedule changes!

My booking to EZE is still alive, but I expect it to be a matter of time unless it's... not

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
That's not true if you planned stop overs in your trip.
Most people booked flights to go from A to B via C with a stop over. And if the airline allows a stop over in their fare rules, you should expect to indeed go from A to B via C.

(I don't say they are not allowed to cancel, I was expecting it, just the reasoning there seems wrong)
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I disagree. I didn't purchase FLR-DUS regardless what the far rules say. I searched FLR-NGO-DUS, and I bought a ticket that flies that. Now I'm not arguing that they should honor it, I wish that they would but I wouldn't blame them if they didn't. But they are moving dates and changing the routing without consent from the purchaser. It's one thing to call the purchaser up and say "We can cancel or fly you direct." It is another to just change it willy nilly. It does set a bad precedent to other airlines.

Thankfully mine still appears intact.

Last edited by dinoscool3; Dec 14, 2016 at 7:15 am

A few people aware of the nuances of airline ticketing may have been aware that they were booking a FLR-DUS one way ticket.

The vast majority of consumers using multi-city flight booking engines on OTA would have had no idea they were in fact purchasing a one-way ticket.
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Fingers crossed for all FTlers en route. Keep us posted. Also, I am sure the power of the forum will help with any researches should they be needed for any new arrangements.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Bummer. The Skyteam firebreak has been breached!!!
That's it - keep checking your PM folder as it sounds like I'll have to ask for some advice on what to do in DUS (you seem to be pretty clued-up on that)

G
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Shl
Fingers crossed for all FTlers en route. Keep us posted. Also, I am sure the power of the forum will help with any researches should they be needed for any new arrangements.
+1 though if you are not back by now you really delayed it too much.

But this is a very interesting test case. A weekend error like this is a golden gift for a quick mileage run especially with no limit to stay this with time could easily have converted the fare into miles.

So my second question would be did you get those credited?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.