Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] OS & Friends: SOF-JNB in J for $990

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] OS & Friends: SOF-JNB in J for $990

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2016, 7:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Internet bulletin board.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by lx343
OS codeshare flights are not eligible for any upgrades.
I just tried to see if I can book an OS segment FRA-JNB there is none (as they are only available with a conjunction to another OS segment)

What if I want to add a stopover in FRA (that should be free) I think Austrian will be forced to use LH flt # and thats easily upgradable with UA GPU.

Has anyone tried that?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tradecki
.... What if I want to add a stopover in FRA (that should be free) I think Austrian will be forced to use LH flt # and thats easily upgradable with UA GPU.

Has anyone tried that?
OS will be forced to book you on LH flight number with LH fare.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 8:03 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TerryK
OS will be forced to book you on LH flight number with LH fare.
Exactly. Trying to add a FRA stopover during the booking process would increase the ticket price to around $5-6k range. VIE stopovers are not an issue.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
A word of warning for anyone who booked this ticket through American Express Travel: I just got charged £2,726.30 for these flights, even though I received a confirmation and eticket with the "correct" £772 price. A couple of hours after I received my eticket, I received an invoice for £2,726.30 (which I did not notice until I saw my credit card statement today).

Ironically, American Express Travel blocked £772 on my card initially. They then cancelled this and just charged the £2,726.

I'm going to have a little word with them tomorrow. Quite interesting that they think they can just charge someone for almost £2,000 I never authorised.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
A word of warning for anyone who booked this ticket through American Express Travel: I just got charged £2,726.30 for these flights, even though I received a confirmation and eticket with the "correct" £772 price. A couple of hours after I received my eticket, I received an invoice for £2,726.30 (which I did not notice until I saw my credit card statement today)...
You have nothing to worry about if you have eticket which shows £772. Airfare charges need to be supported by etickets.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
You have nothing to worry about if you have eticket which shows £772. Airfare charges need to be supported by etickets.
True, so I am not sure how they then charge me something else.

Luckily, there are plenty of consumer protections in the UK for things like this (and before anyone compares this to an airline not honouring fares: this is something very different). I will report back on what American Express Travel have to say for themselves.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:24 am

Programs: *G at A3,TK;M&M,LM; IHG RA, AB Plat.
https://www.facebook.com/lufthansa/p...54597833919004

Silly questions to Lufthansa on facebook...

Last edited by hannes08; Oct 18, 2016 at 4:28 am
Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by hannes08
http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/showthread.php?p=2123569

Silly questions to Lufthansa on facebook...
What were the questions? I could not see the screenshots without creating an account.

Also, for those following above, Amex Travel refunded me £2726 and recharged the original £772.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: *G at A3,TK;M&M,LM; IHG RA, AB Plat.
Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
What were the questions? I could not see the screenshots without creating an account.
You should be able to see the screenshot now in my posting.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by hannes08
You should be able to see the screenshot now in my posting.
Yes - thanks. What an idiot.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are people receiving full credit for this? I have two coming up this month. Also, I arrive in SOF in the morning, but don't leave on this fare until early afternoon. Do flights deplane directly into the terminal building so I can use the Priority Pass lounge while I wait...or do they direct you automatically to the arrivals hall?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are people receiving full credit for this? I have two coming up this month. Also, I arrive in SOF in the morning, but don't leave on this fare until early afternoon. Do flights deplane directly into the terminal building so I can use the Priority Pass lounge while I wait...or do they direct you automatically to the arrivals hall?
Based on different flyer forums I believe no one has flown or at least not mentioned it. However I do believe they will credit it. I will take this trip in late January so just sit and wait
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by koffitrash
Based on different flyer forums I believe no one has flown or at least not mentioned it.
VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 16JAN 17.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
I guess I'm the first guinea pig on this ticket, currently waiting in the Sofia lounge. Check-in was seamless at the Airport (couldn't select seat on OS or do OLCI) but BPs issued all the way to JNB.
Upperdeck 748!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.