Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SN: ATH-BOM 625eur RT business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SN: ATH-BOM 625eur RT business

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
After some long and hard thinking, I decided to take the plunge. Similar fares are filed across Europe, but the ATH one seems to have a special discount.

Thanks OP for this and your other amazing contributions.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
After some long and hard thinking, I decided to take the plunge. Similar fares are filed across Europe, but the ATH one seems to have a special discount.

Thanks OP for this and your other amazing contributions.
Out of curiosity since you decided to take it. Where will you credit? Do you know if taxes (that are the big part of the fare) are refundable?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:09 am

I will credit to UA where I will get 200% status miles and (as a 1K) 200% award miles. 22,312 miles is not bad for EUR640 and I have been looking for a good fare to BOM for ages to visit some friends. I think there was a EUR310 penalty on refunds.

The great thing about this fare is that it allows one free stopover in each direction. So I am planning to fly LON-(long weekend in ATH)-BRU-LON. Then a couple of weeks later LON-BRU-(a couple of days in BOM)-BRU-LON. Followed by another ATH trip later (or maybe not). Obviously, I will have to book the LON-ATH, BRU-LON-BRU, BRU-LON trips myself, but I should still come in under £750 all in.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Its the last fare I am posting.
It is like having some pee in your Cheerios every morning...

Let me know which cereal you switch to, and I'll quietly follow.

Found dates, and booked one. Considering a 2nd as I never seem to be able to get the work done in a weeks time... but dread the thought of going back.

Not really a mumbai fan...

Last edited by Pat89339; Sep 21, 2016 at 9:05 am Reason: Conform edited quote
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:12 am

I will credit to UA where I will get 200% status miles and (as a 1K) 200% award miles. 22,312 miles is not bad for EUR640 and I have been looking for a good fare to BOM for ages to visit some friends. I think there was a EUR310 penalty on refunds.

The great thing about this fare is that it allows one free stopover in each direction. So I am planning to fly LON-(long weekend in ATH)-BRU-LON. Then a couple of weeks later LON-BRU-(a couple of days in BOM)-BRU-LON. Followed by another ATH trip later (or maybe not). Obviously, I will have to book the LON-ATH, BRU-LON-BRU, BRU-LON trips myself, but I should still come in under £750 all in.
Thank you for the explanation.

I am really tempted by it bus being TK Gold I'm not sure it'd be worth it haha as it earns 0% on TK. Unless I found a way to earn say on UA and then move them to some other program. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:17 am

Comes about to 2.9 cpm (eur). That's a great deal in J!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Danusa86
Thank you for the explanation.

I am really tempted by it bus being TK Gold I'm not sure it'd be worth it haha as it earns 0% on TK. Unless I found a way to earn say on UA and then move them to some other program. Any suggestions?
Agreed. I think AC, UA and SQ are probably your best bets. Pretty silly that so many *A programs give no miles for these SN discount J fares. Seems to be an SN thing though, as LX P gives 100% to TK.

As I said, I want to go to BOM anyway, so the UA miles just sweetened the deal. I am not sure I would book this as a pure MR (even as a UA 1K).
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:40 am

Agreed. I think AC, UA and SQ are probably your best bets. Pretty silly that so many *A programs give no miles for these SN discount J fares. Seems to be an SN thing though, as LX P gives 100% to TK.

As I said, I want to go to BOM anyway, so the UA miles just sweetened the deal. I am not sure I would book this as a pure MR (even as a UA 1K).
Yeah, I really want to go to BOM too but I'd be angry at such a waste of miles hahaha
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:53 am

I figure it like this.

Need to go to Mumbai anyway, can get economy a bit cheaper, and get less credit and a crappier seat.

For me, it was a no-brainer.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
I figure it like this.

Need to go to Mumbai anyway, can get economy a bit cheaper, and get less credit and a crappier seat.

For me, it was a no-brainer.
I my case though it's not that I NEED to go, It's just that India is one of a the few Asian countries I haven't been to and I'd like to go.

So you'd go for it regardless of the miles issue?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Danusa86
I my case though it's not that I NEED to go, It's just that India is one of a the few Asian countries I haven't been to and I'd like to go.

So you'd go for it regardless of the miles issue?
I've been waiting for a good biz fare. I have United, so I get 100% and 200% status credit - - not bad
Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
I've been waiting for a good biz fare. I have United, so I get 100% and 200% status credit - - not bad
Yeah ... that's my issue. If I were UA it'd be a no brainer.

In my case though, is it really worth booking it knowing that I won't get any mile?

It's a great offer but there might be others in the future, especially from Europe.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Has anyone found any dates that this is still working on?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Sure. Check on Brussels air site
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Many dates post 7 March 2016. Just remember the BRU-BOM flights only operated on M, W, Th, F and Su, while the BOM-BRU flights only operate on M, T, Th, F and Sa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.