Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: there is not much time left in 2017, given that travel tends to be expensive around holidays. You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:23 am

You could try MEX. That should be around 4,180 MQMs RT, more of you can find a cheap biz class fare on Aeromexico.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:40 am

HELP! Mileage Run to Platinum

Departure Airport: ATL (open to other departure airports that are near)
MQMs Needed: ~10,000
Required Spend or Budget: $600-850
Available Travel Dates: 11/22-11/26, 11/30-12/2, 12/14-12/31 (anytime)
Required Metal or Codeshares: No specific codeshares required
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PupManS
Hi folks-

I'm looking for about 25k or so out of JFK/EWR by year end.

If I'm going anywhere with distance involved (say, more than 5-6 hours) I would like to see either PE or business type as I would want to sleep and get some work done. East Asia and back in coach is doable but not on a 24 hour turnaround at my age.

Underneath that the best think I've seen is JFK-BKK or SIN on China Eastern in the $2700 range in business (D Fares). With the 1.5x for business class that gets me to 27-30k depending on destination beyond PVG.

I don't love MU but I hear PVG connections are better these days and the hard product is fine.

On the other hand, if I'm going somewhere for a day, it would be cool if it were a nicer beachier place.

Thoughts?
Virgin Atlantic JFK-LHR-PVG $1669 PE. should give u 27618 mqm. dates i looked at are 11/30-12/3

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=J...43*.USD.166843
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PassportStamps
You could look at flying to Palm Springs (PSP) to get some nice sunshine. It's lovely there in December. Plus I like the sound of GSP to PSP.

Not sure if you have preferences on limiting segments, but you could do GSP-ATL-LAX-PSP and use your RUCs to get first class on the transcon segments. When I looked quickly it would give you almost 6,000 MQMs, but I'm only GM so your DM status should give you a better multiplier that might give you the MQMs you need. I'm a newbie at this so apologize for not being able to do the full calculation.

And if, after this, you have extra RUCs to burn by the end of the year, I'd happily take them off your hands for my own mileage run
There are no MQM earning multipliers based on status. You are confusing MQM earning with RDM earning. Only higher fare classes potentially earn a MQM multiplier. There are no LAX-PSP flights on DL. They fly to PSP from SLC and SEA. Cheapest PSP flights from GSP are about $500 in main cabin. Not exactly cheap. As I posted in the DL forum, the cheapest option will likely be a couple of trips to LAS can be had for $303.50/each in main cabin and earn roughly 4500 MQM's per trip. An HNL trip from GSP will earn a bit more, but fares are going for $800+ from GSP.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:21 am

MQD for Diamond

Departure Airport: DTW (or nearby, could go to ORD/MDW as needed)
Miles Needed: Already hit MQM, just need MQD
Required Spend or Budget: Need $3500 MQD for as little as possible
Available Travel Dates: now until the end of the year.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Anything that will net me the MQD

I have hit the MQMs necessary but not MQD to requalify for Diamond. Hoping someone can help me with an MQD run. No restrictions on length of time but would like to keep it short if it is mid-week.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
DL Premium Fare request - help please?

Departure Airport: home is ROC, but any US departure point is doable (include YYZ)
Miles Needed: 20K+ including all bonus multipliers
Required Spend or Budget: $2000-$3000
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: anything that DL will credit at full value for miles and dollars

Business class or First class required. Prefer no visa required, and looking for a quick turn around of 1-2 days.

Thank you to anyone who can assist. I had a very slow travel year, and its crunch time.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by jeff30189
Departure Airport: home is ROC, but any US departure point is doable (include YYZ)
Miles Needed: 20K+ including all bonus multipliers
Required Spend or Budget: $2000-$3000
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: anything that DL will credit at full value for miles and dollars

Business class or First class required. Prefer no visa required, and looking for a quick turn around of 1-2 days.

Thank you to anyone who can assist. I had a very slow travel year, and its crunch time.
Dec 4-6 JFK- ICN on China eastern business for 2700 or you can do Lax-HKG for 2200 on china eastern same date
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:53 pm

Departure Airport: GSP > CLT > ATL
Miles Needed: 17k+
Required Spend or Budget: No spend requirement needed, as cheap as possible

Would like to be between 2-5 days max.

Thank you to anyone who can assist.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM Bonvoy AMB
Diamond Run!

Airport: ATL preferred, but anywhere relocation possible
Miles Needed: 30K MQMs also 5000 MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: total trips less than $2500
Available Travel Dates: All weekends Nov 30th - end of year. December 10-17th as well
Required Codeshare: Skyteam DL preferred

Thanks for your help
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: Delta Sky Miles
Lightbulb ***Please help this Delta Skymiles Member get to GOLD

Hello awesome travelers! I need your help...

I currently have Silver Medallion status on Delta and need to get to GOLD by end of year.

My Current Situation:
MQMs: 39,363
10,637 TO GOLD

**How do I do this without a) breaking the bank and b) going to China alone

YOUR EXPERTISE IS APPRECIATED! This is my first rodeo.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jusjus2008
Diamond Run!

Airport: ATL preferred, but anywhere relocation possible
Miles Needed: 30K MQMs also 5000 MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: total trips less than $2500
Available Travel Dates: All weekends Nov 30th - end of year. December 10-17th as well
Required Codeshare: Skyteam DL preferred

Thanks for your help
If you re-position to MIA, you can do MIA-JNB in PE on VS for $1810 which will cover your MQD and earn just over 30K MQM's. You'd have to depart on 11/29, however, to get that fare.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Trilom

I could use something similar to this for my dear mother-in-law.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Hey folks, I have a question on who I should go about a coming trip. I am based i Amsterdam and will be going to Brisbane, Australia next year around end of May for 2/3 weeks.
Any suggestions on how to maximise the XP to get to Gold (currently silver).

Departure Airport: AMS (but can reposition to BRU, OSL, ARN, CDG, or anywhere close)
Miles Needed: As much XP as I can to get to Gold
Required Spend or Budget: ~1500EUR
Available Travel Dates: May/June 2019
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: anything that KLM will credit at full value for miles and euros
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Trilom

Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName
I could use something similar to this for my dear mother-in-law.
Looking like TLH-HND for $1700 in PE
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta
8k+ MQM / SLC

Departure Airport: SLC
Miles Needed: 8k+
Required Spend or Budget: as little as possible
Available Travel Dates: between now and end of year
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Delta

Hi!

Trying to keep platinum status and need about 8k MQMs by the end of the year. Willing to travel anywhere/anytime but for as little cost as possible. It's close to end of year and holiday travel prices complicate matters, so the way I see it is that I have no room to be picky.

This is my first time asking questions in this forum, so any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

(edited to add the bold information above)

Last edited by Glenden; Nov 9, 2018 at 11:21 am Reason: to add the bold information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.