Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AnnieOnTheGo
Thanks SO MUCH for any ideas! I've been searching, but haven't found any great options under $500 (PLAT buy-up offer is currently $795, which just seems wrong for 99 EQMs).

Departure Airport(s): RIC
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 99 EQM
EQDs Needed: 0
Max Budget: as low as possible
Available Travel Dates: preferably Dec 23 - 27
Max # Travel Nights: 0 (looking for one day there-and-back options)
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA only
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): n/a
I'm also based out of RIC, and did a similar run in Nov to requalify for EXP.
How's this: $138.00 non-stop RIC-MIA on 12/24. https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...80*2.USD.13780
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skydve1
I'm also based out of RIC, and did a similar run in Nov to requalify for EXP.
How's this: $138.00 non-stop RIC-MIA on 12/24. https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...80*2.USD.13780
That is the basic economy price. It's $231 for regular economy that will earn. LINK
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by Madone59
That is the basic economy price. It's $231 for regular economy that will earn. LINK
Luckily he only needs 99 EQMs. I see that fare for $158 in BE right now. Merry Xmas landing at RIC at 12:30 am!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Talking

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Luckily he only needs 99 EQMs. I see that fare for $158 in BE right now. Merry Xmas landing at RIC at 12:30 am!

Yeah... price must have gone up.. but even at 50% EQM, they get 826 EQM for $158.
I did this same trip on 11/30, and it was a breeze.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Yeah... price must have gone up.. but even at 50% EQM, they get 826 EQM for $158.
OP should book it - things are NOT going to get any cheaper.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:12 pm

<Duplicate deleted>

Last edited by usafltg; Dec 21, 2018 at 2:13 pm Reason: duplicate
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by usafltg
Departure Airport: ORD
Miles Needed: 3,723
Required Spend or Budget: As low as possible, I believe I will be $139 EQD short based on recent trip that hasn't fully calculated yet.
Available Travel Dates: 27, 28, 31 ( 31 not preferred, would rather go 27, then 28, then 31 as a last resort)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA Steel preferred

Sorry for last minute, but didn't realize I was going to be short on my EXP renewal based on my last HKG trip.
Any ideas on this one?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Any ideas on this one?
You could do a same-day turn to FAT for $508 in regular economy on 12/27. ORD-DFW-FAT-DFW-ORD. 4,230 EQMs.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
Departure Airport: NYC, but was also looking at BOS and PHL (seems to be cheaper)
Miles: 5000 before 2019 to EXP.
Budget: EQD's should be less than $500, but I need to spend $1400 to meet CC spend waiver
Travel dates, 27, 28, 29 departure, return on the 5th
Chinese Visa: N

So far, I have boston to London or Milan for 1600-1700, but looking for less inconvenient options (return flight has a passthrough in JFK and I would possibly cancel the last leg and get off there). Can also reposition but for the holidays it seems expensive. I saw Buenos Aires was 1500 but its only booked via Latam so don't think the EQM's qualify. The other alternative is to fly into Barcelona or London in economy and then do a short mileage run from there?
You can book a AA Vacation package to EZE, and even with 7 nights hotel I'm seeing options for $1,520 all-in. I see an option for 7 nights at the NH Centro Historico (a 5-star hotel) for $2,485 all-in. You could also add a connection (via MIA or DFW) for a few more dollars, although I don't think you need the extra miles since JFK-EZE is already over 5,000 miles.

StatusChallenged likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA Advantage
Departure Airport(s): WAS
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 5195 EQM
EQDs Needed: $321
Max Budget: $500
Available Travel Dates: 12/31-1/1
Max # Travel Nights: 1
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA Only
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by astro1001
Departure Airport(s): WAS
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 5195 EQM
EQDs Needed: $321
Max Budget: $500
Available Travel Dates: 12/31-1/1
Max # Travel Nights: 1
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA Only
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N
Welcome to Flyertalk ^

Check out DCA-LAX-PHL-DCAfor $494 on 12/31 FYI it's 5,213mi with the 500mi min. If you don't get the 500mi min (your profile does not indicate if you're already elite) then fly BWI-PHX-PDX-DFW-BWI it's plenty of miles for $501.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Advantage
Thanks for the welcome and for this great information! I am in fact Plat so the LAX sounds perfect and should work well.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:21 pm

Any ideas on this one?
Not a fun trip, but it gets you the EQM: 12/27 - ORD-DFW-LAX-PHX-ORD - $635 - 3,977 EQM

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...00*2.USD.63500

Just noticed that someone else posted a cheaper trip that gets more EQM..

Last edited by skydve1; Dec 21, 2018 at 4:23 pm Reason: Someone found a better deal!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:17 pm

Thanks so much! I paid a bit more for better timing/nonstops, but this is such an easy trip (with the lovely Centurion lounge to wait in between flights as a bonus). Really appreciate the help - holiday magic for sure!
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: AA Advantage EXP /DL Skymiles/UA Mileage Plus
MR Needed AA/One World - MIA Orgin

Last minute inquiry had a plan but cancellations and work prevented planned travel. Any ideas would be appreciated

1. 83K EQM's $12K Plus EQD's Current status
2. 17K EQM Needed.
3. MIA Origin
4. Anywhere is open.
5. Open after xmas to New Years
6. Chinese Visa: Yes

So far I found MIA-VVI which would take appx 3 legs to complete average fare $700 (7600 Miles RT). Prefer to hit in all in a longer RT even if MIA is not the origin.

Budget : $1500

Last edited by Airras; Dec 24, 2018 at 3:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.