Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA exec plat
THANK YOU so much, FLYINGEPH12!!!! as a newbie, i can't link you, so i hope you see this.

that itin looked amazing, and i've spent the whole morning trying to chase it, with no results
Even called the EP desk; they weren't very helpful.....
there is no availability on the 1:05 LAX-DWF and the DFW-NRT-LAX bit prices out at $1500 (even if i could get there tonight).
am i doing something wrong? do you have any other ideas?
THANK YOU!!!!
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Originally Posted by Madone59
It's a few bucks over budget a $638 BUT it's domestic MR starting from the middle of the country more than 5,000mi.
AUS-DFW-CLT-MCO-CLT-PDX-DFW-AUS good luck ^
Thank you for your suggestion but looks like too many tight connections. I know its last minute but does anybody have any other suggestions for 5000 miles before 31st Dec. Price range is 500-750 ok. I have looked at Hawaii option but they are like 950-1000 bucks.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Marinak
THANK YOU so much, FLYINGEPH12!!!! as a newbie, i can't link you, so i hope you see this.

that itin looked amazing, and i've spent the whole morning trying to chase it, with no results
Even called the EP desk; they weren't very helpful.....
there is no availability on the 1:05 LAX-DWF and the DFW-NRT-LAX bit prices out at $1500 (even if i could get there tonight).
am i doing something wrong? do you have any other ideas?
THANK YOU!!!!
I've sent you a pm.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Thank you for your suggestion but looks like too many tight connections. I know its last minute but does anybody have any other suggestions for 5000 miles before 31st Dec. Price range is 500-750 ok. I have looked at Hawaii option but they are like 950-1000 bucks.
Can you only do domestic? AUS-MIA-GYE r/t is $732 with an overnight.

If you can only do domestic, I would search for a round-trip from LAX or maybe BOS for ~$400-$500, and then position there on a separate AUS-LAX/BOS/etc. roundtrip ticket. Basically, look for a costal city that's cheap to position to (usually LAX is a good candidate), and then search for a cheap transcon ticket (BOS, NYC, BDL even).
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:22 pm

Trying to get status to platinum pro

Departure Airport(s): BOS
EQMs or EQSs Needed: ~10,200 or 5 segments
EQDs Needed: $549
Max Budget: $700 but cheaper the better
Available Travel Dates: Dec 25-January 1 (does the return portion in January count?)
Max # Travel Nights: 2
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners okay
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N

Never did on of these before . would likely go from Bos. Might be able to go from NYC kennedy. Would be good to have a stop over at Kennedy or ISP (islip)

Also, if I apply a voucher from getting bumped, would that impact the EQD? Does the return portion in January count?
Thanks in advance
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Can you only do domestic? AUS-MIA-GYE r/t is $732 with an overnight.

If you can only do domestic, I would search for a round-trip from LAX or maybe BOS for ~$400-$500, and then position there on a separate AUS-LAX/BOS/etc. roundtrip ticket. Basically, look for a costal city that's cheap to position to (usually LAX is a good candidate), and then search for a cheap transcon ticket (BOS, NYC, BDL even).
Thanks Flyingeph12. I can only do Domestic trip. I am looking at AUS-MCO-PDX-AUS (all connecting thru DFW) for 650.shows 6000 EMQ
Old Dec 24, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA exec plat
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! booked and ready to go tomorrow am

want anything from TKO?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 4:52 pm

missing 205 miles (two hundreds and five) for Exec Platinum

I emailed AAdvantage to see if, as a favor, they could credit 205 EQMs to my account but I'm still waiting for an answer. Question: Do you guys know what is their usual policy for missing below 500 miles ?

I tried to look IAH-DFW, AUS, etc. it's all around the $450 R/T.... Maybe I do O/W and drive back with a rental car ?

Departure Airport(s): IAH
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 205
EQDs Needed: None
Max Budget: $200
Available Travel Dates: 25-Dec, 26-Dec
Max # Travel Nights: 1
AA only, or Partners Okay: partners okay
Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
My understanding is that its binary. Either you made it or you didn't... Is AA offering a buy-up option to you?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Bugs_Bunny
I emailed AAdvantage to see if, as a favor, they could credit 205 EQMs to my account but I'm still waiting for an answer. Question: Do you guys know what is their usual policy for missing below 500 miles ?

I tried to look IAH-DFW, AUS, etc. it's all around the $450 R/T.... Maybe I do O/W and drive back with a rental car ?

Departure Airport(s): IAH
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 205
EQDs Needed: None
Max Budget: $200
Available Travel Dates: 25-Dec, 26-Dec
Max # Travel Nights: 1
AA only, or Partners Okay: partners okay
IAH-DFW-LBB is $168 one way tomorrow. You could deplane in DFW and drive home. One way car rental is $75.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:08 am

Thank you IADCAflyer. Much appreciated.
Two quick questions:
1) If I deplane, I still get the EQMs, correct for the first leg, right ?
2) The $168 fare is Basic Economy, and it does give me 250 EQMs. Is this confirmed ?

Last edited by Bugs_Bunny; Dec 25, 2018 at 9:13 am Reason: adding 2 quick questions
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:14 am

Angry

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
My understanding is that its binary. Either you made it or you didn't... Is AA offering a buy-up option to you?
The buy-up option is above $1000
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Bugs_Bunny
Thank you IADCAflyer. Much appreciated.
Two quick questions:
1) If I deplane, I still get the EQMs, correct for the first leg, right ?
2) The $168 fare is Basic Economy, and it does give me 250 EQMs. Is this confirmed ?
Ye, you will get the 250 EQMs from a BE fare. I've done a couple BE flights (late last year) where the distance was within 500 miles. I got the 250 miles from the BE fare.

Last edited by IADCAflyer; Dec 25, 2018 at 10:21 am
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:27 am

Trying to get status to platinum pro

If I use a voucher for getting bumped, that voucher value still counts toward the ticket purchase for EQDs-coorect?

How do you find what your wil lget in EQDs when searching for a flight?
Take the total price and back out the following?PASSENGER FACILITY CHARGE (UNITED STATES)$16 USDSEGMENT TAX (UNITED STATES)$20 USDTRANSPORTATION TAX (UNITED STATES)$36 USDUS SECURITY FEE (UNITED STATES)
Old Dec 25, 2018, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by rykodiscs
If I use a voucher for getting bumped, that voucher value still counts toward the ticket purchase for EQDs-coorect?

How do you find what your wil lget in EQDs when searching for a flight?
Take the total price and back out the following?PASSENGER FACILITY CHARGE (UNITED STATES)$16 USDSEGMENT TAX (UNITED STATES)$20 USDTRANSPORTATION TAX (UNITED STATES)$36 USDUS SECURITY FEE (UNITED STATES)
Yes, you will still get the normal EQDs when paying with a voucher. If you book through AA, the payment page will show you how many EQDs you will earn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.