Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: American Airlines
I need 7,000 miles on American, out of Chicago O'Hare

I live in Chicago and need another 7,000 miles on American. What's the best route and deal?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:43 pm

Suggestion request - 10k miles short of aa exec plat

PHL located and I have more than enough eqd credit but am going to end up 10k miles shy. Any round trip recommendations to get me there out of phl? Thank you
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Cpal12
PHL located and I have more than enough eqd credit but am going to end up 10k miles shy. Any round trip recommendations to get me there out of phl? Thank you
Check the sticky at the top - much easier to help if you provide all the info. When can you travel?
Do you have a budget? I realize you're looking for the best deal but it's holiday time.
10,033 mi for PHL-LAX-LIH-LAX-PHL, $793 Dec 5 out and Dec 6 back.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: american airlines
11EQM for AA needed. Help

I need 11K EQM for AA airlines to keep my platinum status. Any ideas for a quick turnaround trip. I have a few days off next week.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gclausen
I live in Chicago and need another 7,000 miles on American. What's the best route and deal?
see the sticky at the top. if you provide all the info, it's easier to help you.
8,719 mi for ORD-LAX-LIH-LAX-ORD @ $809 same day turn on Dec 6. Be careful not to book BE.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by dnikki
I need 11K EQM for AA airlines to keep my platinum status. Any ideas for a quick turnaround trip. I have a few days off next week.
Welcome to FT.
1. This is in the wrong forum.
2. Where are you based?
3. What's your budget?
4. What has AA offered you for a paid status extension?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
Do you need 11 EQM (what your thread title says) or 11,000 (what your post says)?

That’s quite a difference!

Also, out of what airport(s)?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: american airlines
Im in the wrong forum?? Sorry! Where should I be?
Im based in Washington DC area. They offered $1400 to extend my status. I figure If I am going to pay that I may as well take a trip... even if its short. Im willing to spend up to $1K
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:04 pm

Smile AA Need EQM and EQD - Depart MEM

First time posting. I would like to maintain platinum as I have been for the past few years. Has been easy to maintain in years past but was not able to travel for work as much this year.

Departure Airport(s): MEM
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 27,000
EQDs Needed: $1500
Max Budget: anything below $1450 will put me ahead as that is the amount AA offered to maintain status.
Available Travel Dates: any dates prior to December 24
Max # Travel Nights: flexible
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N

Thank you for the help.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: PAL million miler (1.6 M ), AA Platinum ( almost 1 M)
Help needed to reach 150K EQM for AA

Hi guys I already reached my EQD for next years EP.. but i am like 131k EQM.. I wanna reach 150k so I can ger the 2 additional systemwide upgrade. Any suggestions? thanks
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Im based in Washington DC area. They offered $1400 to extend my status. I figure If I am going to pay that I may as well take a trip... even if its short. Im willing to spend up to $1K
No worries, the mods moved this into the right thread.

My first thought was BWI-CLT-DFW-HNL roundtrip, for $747 (basic econ is less but half the EQM). But it's only 10,440 EQM. See here: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...410*.USD.64670

A trip to Shanghai would easily do it (and for under $600 from DCA), but that's a pretty far way to fly, and you'd likely have to stay over a weekend: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...103*.USD.59103
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:13 am

Actually, looks like you can do coach to Shanghai and premium economy on the way back, thursday-sunday, for $995.03. that would make it a little easier. you'd either need a visa or plans to exit and return to china during your stay.

Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by rookflyer
First time posting. I would like to maintain platinum as I have been for the past few years. Has been easy to maintain in years past but was not able to travel for work as much this year.

Departure Airport(s): MEM
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 27,000
EQDs Needed: $1500
Max Budget: anything below $1450 will put me ahead as that is the amount AA offered to maintain status.
Available Travel Dates: any dates prior to December 24
Max # Travel Nights: flexible
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N

Thank you for the help.
I would strongly consider AA's offer. You would have to spend at least $1600 on AA flights to hit 1500 EQDs. If it were only the EQD, that might be doable for under $1450 with a Vacation package to Asia, but a roundtrip even to SIN or CGK in economy will get you only around 20,000 EQMs. Since you need 27,000, that means either PE (on non-AA marketed flights, since you also need the EQD) or two trips, which will be hard to get under $1450.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by scottdfeld
Any help greatly appreciated. Trying to get EXP after missing it last year.

Departure Airport(s):GSO preferred, CLT or RDU ok too
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 10,000 EQM
EQDs Needed: 0
Max Budget: none
Available Travel Dates: 12/23 - 12/30
Max # Travel Nights: 1
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners OK
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):N
I would look at LIH. If you're willing to travel on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, you can do a same-day turnaround in LIH for $875. It's a few hundred dollars more later in the week. With the 500-mile minimums, you should get well over 10,000 EQMs.
GSO-CLT-SAN-LAX-LIH-LAX-CLT-GSO
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Avis President's Club
Departure Airport(s)FW
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 12,000 EQM for EP but have DFW-LGA RT in F scheduled
EQDs Needed: 0
Max Budget: none
Available Travel Dates: 12/3 - 12/24
Max # Travel Nights: Open
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners OK
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):N

LGA trip is an I fare. Also, I probably have DFW-BOG RT on L or M fare also. New available travel dates are 12/5-12/13 and 12/18-12/24 if BOG trip cancels.

Last edited by BonhamSix; Dec 4, 2018 at 7:52 am Reason: Date change

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.