Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA, SPG/Marriott
Hello trying round out my EP for the year. Need 15k EQMs. Willing to travel anywhere.

Departure Airport(s): DFW or LAX
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 14,568
EQDs Needed: None
Max Budget: $1500
Available Travel Dates: 12/19 - 12/21
Max # Travel Nights: as many as necessary
AA only, or Partners Okay: Prefer AA
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): Y
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hipquest
I'm trying to try to keep up, somewhat. with my husband's status (he travels a lot for work). Because he has to book through corporate we've missed out on an upgrades because we weren't on the same PNR and my status wasn't up to snuff. At any rate, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Departure Airport(s): GSO
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 6000
Max Budget: $1000
Available Travel Dates: 12/3-12/7
Max # Travel Nights: 1
AA only, or Partners Okay: Either but prefer AA, will be using my Aviator Silver to help with EQM
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N
Are you looking for BA or AA status? You won't be able to use your Aviator Silver to help with EQM if crediting to AA.
Also, you are aware on AA that you can upgrade with your husband's status, yes (at least by AA's rules)? My wife and I attempt to do it often.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...e-upgrades.jsp
"Elite members traveling with a companion
  • You can request an upgrade for 1 companion traveling on the same flight using 500-mile upgrades as payment
  • Spoiler

• If seats are available, you will be upgraded at the same time"
If you are willing to do the EQM requirement in 2 trips, on Dec 4 and Dec 5, you can stay 30% under your budget and do GSO->CLT->SFO (4,759, $347) on 4-DEC and again on 5-DEC ($345) which gets you ~9,500 EQM for <$700. Another option would be to combine a trip to MIA on 04-DEC GSO-MIA-GSO for 1,421 for $201 with a trip to Alaska such as https://goo.gl/kvVCT6 (GSO-CLT-SEA-ANC) for 7,622 @ $549 on 5-DEC which barely gets you over but it does - 9,044 also for well under $1K at $750. The SEA-ANC will accumulate AA miles as they flights are AA coded.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by Whodunit68
Are you looking for BA or AA status? You won't be able to use your Aviator Silver to help with EQM if crediting to AA.
Also, you are aware on AA that you can upgrade with your husband's status, yes (at least by AA's rules)? My wife and I attempt to do it often.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...e-upgrades.jsp
"Elite members traveling with a companion
  • You can request an upgrade for 1 companion traveling on the same flight using 500-mile upgrades as payment
  • Spoiler

• If seats are available, you will be upgraded at the same time"
If you are willing to do the EQM requirement in 2 trips, on Dec 4 and Dec 5, you can stay 30% under your budget and do GSO->CLT->SFO (4,759, $347) on 4-DEC and again on 5-DEC ($345) which gets you ~9,500 EQM for <$700. Another option would be to combine a trip to MIA on 04-DEC GSO-MIA-GSO for 1,421 for $201 with a trip to Alaska such as https://goo.gl/kvVCT6 (GSO-CLT-SEA-ANC) for 7,622 @ $549 on 5-DEC which barely gets you over but it does - 9,044 also for well under $1K at $750. The SEA-ANC will accumulate AA miles as they flights are AA coded.
I'm looking for AA. My spend for this flight with my Aviator Silver, along Christmas shopping, will trigger my 2nd 5000 EQM "bonus" which leaves me just shy of needing 6000 EQM. Domestic upgrades have not been an issue but we definitely missed out on an upgrade to London because of my lowly status (I'm gold, husband is PP). Thanks for looking for and sharing those routes, I've never been to Alaska and it never occured to me to look there.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: AA, UA, AF, Hilton, Emerald Club
Last minute AA mileage run out of RIC

Departure Airport(s): RIC/DCA
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 17,878 / 28
EQDs Needed: $0
Available Travel Dates: open
Max # Travel Nights: 1-2
AA only, or Partners Okay: either
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): no
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by todd57068
Hello trying round out my EP for the year. Need 15k EQMs. Willing to travel anywhere.

Departure Airport(s): DFW or LAX
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 14,568
Available Travel Dates: 12/19 - 12/21
LAX-HND-BKK-HKG-LAX all on AA codes. $1424. ~16,600 EQMs. No overnight.

SGN might be a bit cheaper, but I think BKK is easier to do a quick turnaround (plus you'll likely need a Visa for SGN, which might make it a wash).
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by rivercityflyer
Departure Airport(s): RIC/DCA
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 17,878 / 28
EQDs Needed: $0
Available Travel Dates: open
Max # Travel Nights: 1-2
AA only, or Partners Okay: either
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): no
DCA-ORD-NRT-CGK r/t. All on AA codes. Leave morning of 11/29; get back by noon on 12/2. One night in CGK. $887. >21,000 EQMs.
rivercityflyer likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
NYC-LAX RT is over 4900 miles and can be done in Biz for a little over $1000 on many dates.
MIA-VIE RT is well over 10000 miles and can be done in Econ all-AA-marketed on Dec 1-3 for $623 It requires an overnight in Vienna, though.
Thank you! I can do overnight, was also looking at a CLT-LAX-LIH, I think that would put me over 10k miles as well.

Last edited by jasflysalot; Nov 11, 2018 at 11:51 am Reason: Didn't quote who I was responding to
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jasflysalot
Thank you! I can do overnight, was also looking at a CLT-LAX-LIH, I think that would put me over 10k miles as well.
Looks like $845 for 9256 miles.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: AA
AA mileage run help

Newbie here - would appreciate your help, need about 15K miles before end of year and can make one more run in december, but trying to plan november trip for next week - thoughts? suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Departure Airport(s): CLT
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 10,000 -15,000
EQDs Needed: none
Max Budget: as cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: Nov 18 in the evening return by Nov 23
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA

THANK YOU
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Departure Airport(s): JFK, possibly LAX or SFO
EQMs: 8,000
EQDs Needed: $1000
Available Travel Dates: December 27th or 28th - January 5th
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA or partners

I would love to go to East Asia for a week, but travel seems pretty expensive versus other parts of the year. Since I will probably be working for a few days, would prefer a US-friendly time zone, so I should go to Europe or South America instead. I need the 8000 EQM's on one way so that I can fly back in 2019 and get a head start on my EQM's then. Could also do a short mileage run the weekend before Christmas if a particularly good deal pops up.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: American
Departure Airport(s): DFW
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 10451
Available Travel Dates: 12/8 thru 2019

Trying to make EP for the first time, but I'll be about 10k short as of right now. Looking for things out of DFW and could possible split it into two trips if necessary.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:56 pm

Departure Airport(s): DCA
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 25000
Max Budget: cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: 11/26 - 12/6
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA or partners
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA1MM;AA EXP;Hilton HHonors Gold; Hertz Gold; Emerald Club; Admirals Club;
Departure Airport(s): ABI/DFW
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 7800
Max Budget: cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: 12/10-12/13
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA (PreferAA) or partners
Trying to requalify for AA EXP.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: UA, AA
Departure Airport(s): MFE/HRL/BRO/SAT/CRP
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 13000 EQMs (if you get me close, I can do the rest)
Max Budget: Economic on a per mile basis best
Available Travel Dates: Flex until Dec 27
Max # Travel Nights: as few as possible
AA only, or Partners Okay: No preference
Must get to 100K EQMS for EXP again.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:57 am

Need 11k for AA EP

Very appreciative of any help.

Departure Airport(s): PHL (preferred), EWR (possible)
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 11k
EQDs Needed: none
Max Budget: $800
Available Travel Dates: any before year end 18. Need compressed travel - prefer weekends. No Christmas or Thanksgiving.
Max # Travel Nights: 2-3
AA only, or Partners Okay: partners ok unless it compromises award

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.