Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Qr: Cmb-bos $1115 rt ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Qr: Cmb-bos $1115 rt ai

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2016, 8:06 am

Which FF program will get me fast from Basic member to Emerald? Qualifying for BA Gold (Emerald) is 1500 tier points + 2 BA flights. CMB-BOS r/t is 600 tier points so will need 2 r/t trips plus 1 o/w. Is BA Exec Club fasted to achieve based on 2.5 r/t or easier on AA Ex Plat, QR or CX?
Old Sep 3, 2016, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by mileageking
Which FF program will get me fast from Basic member to Emerald? Qualifying for BA Gold (Emerald) is 1500 tier points + 2 BA flights.
You need 1500 TPs + 4 (not 2) BA flights.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 6:55 pm

I know the date on which I can fly CMB-BOS in January 2017.
But the return BOS-CMB date is up in the air, and beyond my control.
If I book with a date in February when I expect to fly back BOS-CMB, but then due to unforeseen reasons I cannot fly on that date back, what happens?

1. If I want to change to a later date in February, is the change fee $150? Or, will the actual amount be $150 plus the difference in fares (fare as on the date the change is requested minus the original fare)? If the latter, is the round-trip fare as published on the date I request the change be the reference point?

2. If I cannot travel and thus have to cancel the return part, does QR charge the card again for the difference? Has any airline does this, and has QR done this? (The one-way fare is around $1600, while the round-trip is $1200).

Thanks in advance for any help with the above questions.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I posted the rules in #53. Change should be $80 and recalculate based upon fares in effect at time of booking.

Whatever you do, do NOT no-show! Fee is $1500.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 12:22 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
just booked CMB-DOH-BOS outbound 15NOV returning in February. I don't really care about the status for AA so I didn't mind breaking it up into 2017. the CMB-DOH leg is operated by UL (SriLankan) on an A330, which looks pretty nice as well.

managed to position one-way into CMB routed SFO-ICN-MLE for 70K SkyMiles, all in Korean J (Prestige Suites, too!). thanks, OP!
Old Sep 5, 2016, 1:43 am

Programs: VA, SQ, QR, QF
Just booked CMB-DOH-BOS return 11OCT returning on 28OCT.

It's worth the hassle of getting to CMB from Australia just to get this fare. I'm departing from SYD and returning to PER.

This fare is now QUADRUPLE MILES for today only and therefore yields enough miles for a business class one-way flight from Australia to Europe! Insane!!!

Look forward to revisiting my favorite American city in fall foliage.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
You need 1500 TPs + 4 (not 2) BA flights.
You are correct thank you
Old Sep 5, 2016, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by skunker
I posted the rules in #53. Change should be $80 and recalculate based upon fares in effect at time of booking.

Whatever you do, do NOT no-show! Fee is $1500.
Thank you -- two questions. For the recalculation is it fare as of the original booking date, or as of the date of the re-booking?

Also, no show fee -- is it the same for no-show for the outbound (CMB-BOS) and return (BOS-CMB)? That is, what if I fly the outbound, but cannot do the return?
Old Sep 5, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by raghu
Thank you -- two questions. For the recalculation is it fare as of the original booking date, or as of the date of the re-booking?

Also, no show fee -- is it the same for no-show for the outbound (CMB-BOS) and return (BOS-CMB)? That is, what if I fly the outbound, but cannot do the return?
If you change after you fly the outbound they should use the fares in effect at the time of the original booking; before the outbound they use fares in effect "today" (I.e. the date of rebooking).

The no-show fee is if you don't make the flight but don't cancel beforehand and want to get it reinstated. That's the highest I've ever seen. QR shouldn't care if you miss the return.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 9:57 am

I'm considering this. Does anybody know Qatar's policy for a lapchild that turns 2 in the middle of a trip?
Old Sep 5, 2016, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by SSPeabody
Just booked CMB-DOH-BOS return 11OCT returning on 28OCT.

It's worth the hassle of getting to CMB from Australia just to get this fare. I'm departing from SYD and returning to PER.

This fare is now QUADRUPLE MILES for today only and therefore yields enough miles for a business class one-way flight from Australia to Europe! Insane!!!

Look forward to revisiting my favorite American city in fall foliage.
Can you please provide a link, detailing the TODAY ONLY Quadruple miles for this fare? Thx.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 11:28 am

It's explicitly mentioned on the Travel Festival page:
http://www.qatarairways.com/lk/en/of...-festival.page
http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...id=EMALL337620
Old Sep 5, 2016, 12:02 pm

Thanks, Crackjack.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 12:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Fare gone?
Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:13 pm

Fare gone. It was part of the Travel Festival for fares from Colombo, which ended at end of 5 September, Colombo time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.