Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

JFK-CNS (QR & CX) - How do I get this to price out of BOS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-CNS (QR & CX) - How do I get this to price out of BOS?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by henkybaby
If you fly to/from MEL you will only have QR flights. Just work it on the QR website. It's easy enough. The 'yes, good deal but I want the space shuttle on the first leg' brigade has no sympathy from me. Want a good deal? Stop being demanding.
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Oh yes! If you can somehow work out something more brilliant, please do and please share. FT is however not a travel agency. I found what the OP wanted and that's good. I am not a 'but can you please add the space shuttle agency'. We have those too. I suggest Propellor Travel. They understand what we want. It's not irritation but sometimes I feel people expect too much. I can teach you to fish. I don't provide all the fish. .

I love to help though. It's easy for me. Just don't push it as I do dozens per week. (Generic statement)
Wow, I'm not sure how this went from my thanking you for your posts and your findings, to you all of a sudden going on a bi-polar rant and feeling the need to call me demanding. At no point did I ask specifically for your help. I'm glad that you like to help, but that doesn't mean that I don't have a right to want to book the original flights that I have found, nor does it mean you have the right to scold me for wanting what you found instead. I also didn't expect anyone participating in this thread or anyone on FT to become my personal travel agent. Let me remind you - I found the flights I wanted, I found the prices I wanted, but I simply was having trouble finding how to get the tickets to book, which is exactly why I came to FT. It's filled with brilliant minds (and apparently debbie downers like yourself) who typically enjoy and have no problem helping someone figure out how to book the exact flights they want. Unfortunately, people like yourself feel the need to come and ruin it.

And if FT isn't a travel agency as you claim - then why do we have a specific forum dedicated to "Premium Fare Deals?" A thread that specifically lists fares, booking classes, redemption earnings, travel dates, etc. But none of that is what a Travel Agency would do now is it?

Last edited by clr4t8koff; Apr 13, 2016 at 7:13 pm
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Steppo
Well... I somehow can't price it on orbitz/priceline or cheaptickets - strange
But you can use farefreaks.com
Try expedia.de/at... or ebookers.de/ch or any other OTA. Some find them - some not.
Booking the flights YOU want sometimes isn't easy but most of the time manageable. Just forget about metas! ^
Thank you for your post. Like you, I also couldn't get it to book on Orbitz or Expedia even though I could get it to price our on Google flights and Kayak, both of which listed Expedia and Orbitz as sites that it would book.

I'll try the link you provided. Thank you for your post.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
Wow, I'm not sure how this went from my thanking you for your posts and your findings, to you all of a sudden going on a bi-polar rant and feeling the need to call me demanding.
Sorry. Most of it was in jest and the reply was sincerely generic and not aimed at you personally. Wrong place, wrong time I guess. 20 PMs asking for generic routings and then becoming more detailed in their request.

I should have added more smileys and I am in need for a less negative word for 'demanding'. I meant adding more and more requirements to the trip but without a negative connotation. The please share was also an honest invitation.

Long day. Apologies for the wording and happy you now seem to have found what you looked for! It is a great itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.