Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Need help for final 7500 miles on AA for Exec Plat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hertz Gold 5*

I've been debating for several days about whether or not to post this. After May 8th I'll be exactly 7500 EQM's short of Exec Plat. I'm hoping this awesome community can help me find a decent MR out of PDX over a weekend for less than .04/EQM? I'm already flying 4/15-4/17, 4/29-5/1, and 5/6-5/8. Any help or ideas will be very much appreciated.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: AA Fool's Gold
You should book the $77 RT to LAX and grab something from there. To UIO in first class (double EQM) is $747. Ah, but you need only 7500 and not 15K EQM. Or from LAX you could do an MIA out and back which I just did and get 5K EQM for $201.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
You still have more than half a year to get EXP. Why the rush to get it now and come up with an artificial trip instead of just getting it naturally from a trip you need to take later on?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by Antipode
You still have more than half a year to get EXP. Why the rush to get it now and come up with an artificial trip instead of just getting it naturally from a trip you need to take later on?

Thats a great point. Unless RDM is a concern.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by The_Just
Thats a great point. Unless RDM is a concern.
Thanks for the suggestion! I've played around with UIO but trying to book mostly or all lie-flats is next to impossible at that rate.

RDM is not a concern but I want to get as many miles in before the switch to revenue based RDM. Also, the sooner I get to Exec Plat, the sooner I can enjoy complimentary upgrades and the other EP perks! This will be my first time hitting EP, so I'm pretty excited about it.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Seeing lots of 4.8 /EQM weekend trips to the caribbean, namely POS. Not quite 4, but would get you 9500 miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.