Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Onego unlimited flights. Anyone tried with it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Onego unlimited flights. Anyone tried with it?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: United, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by NYC Private Equity
To clarify, my employer covers my work travel while I cover my personal travel. With OneGo, my employer now technically covers all of it.
^

That's probably the best reason to use this service. Get your company to pay for the subscription to cover work trips, and then book all your personal travel on it as well.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:16 pm

OneGo Questions

Hey everyone,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in launching.

Each reservation is equal to a non-stop, one-way flight. Thus, if you were to fly BOS-ORD-DEN, then we would count that as two reservations.

OneGo provides offers the same seats that you would purchase via any other channel. Therefore, you will earn miles at the rate for whatever the value of the ticket is that you are flying on. With the exception of not purchasing full-fare Y class tickets, OneGo does not have any other restrictions on which fare booking classes are purchased.

OneGo simply obtains the inventory that makes the most sense at the time the booking request is made via the app. Currently OneGo does not book any consolidator, bulk or other off-tariff fares that may not be eligible for Frequent Flyer credit. Likewise, by only offering non-stop, one-way tickets, the lowest fare class tickets, which will occasionally not offer Frequent Flyer credit, are also not utilized as part of OneGo bookings.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:11 pm

According to the terms and conditions, mileage runs are not permitted. How do you define this?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by julp
^

That's probably the best reason to use this service. Get your company to pay for the subscription to cover work trips, and then book all your personal travel on it as well.
I'd want to check that doing so doesn't create taxable income for the fraction that was used for personal travel. I'm not sure that this fits into the list of employee benefits that are tax deductible for the employer and tax free for the employee. Of course, such rules will be country (and even state) specific.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:51 pm

Seems like this would be a huge boon to people with non set schedules or periods where they work short stretches with a few days off who want to travel to multiple destinations in a month. For example in ski season, you could fit in 6-7 trips to Aspen, Reno, SLC, etc. if you lived in a hub city and planned it correctly.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OneGo Insider
Currently OneGo does not book any consolidator, bulk or other off-tariff fares that may not be eligible for Frequent Flyer credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.