Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Advice on AA One-Way Run ex-TPA to NYC/PHL area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Hi all - any help on this one would be appreciated. I have a very flexible schedule for a swath of February returning from a one-way drive down to TPA. I'd liked to formulate a highly productive one-way AA Mileage Run return that gets me to the EWR/PHL/JFK/LGA area anytime between Feb 13-21. Thanks again for the help!
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
Domestic? Int'l? Start date? Price range? Do you have a base framework that you've found, or are looking at?

As I'm sure you know by your post count, help on FT generally improves when you give more details and give an example (even a poor one) that people can improve on.

Most here aren't, after all, travel agents
Old Jan 28, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by hartlogan
travel agents
WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOOOOSE?!?!?!?!

I guess at a starting point 6.1cpm:

16FEB TPA-DFW-HKG +1
18FEB HKG-DFW-LGA

18,526 mi for $1,145
Old Jan 28, 2016, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Domestic? Int'l? Start date? Price range? Do you have a base framework that you've found, or are looking at?

As I'm sure you know by your post count, help on FT generally improves when you give more details and give an example (even a poor one) that people can improve on.

Most here aren't, after all, travel agents
Yes, good call! Date range is stated in the OP. Preferably domestoc, although the best cpm is fine. Anything that gets me from TPA to the PHL/EWR/JFK/LGA hub would work. That's one reason I purposely didn't narrow it down too much. Thanks again!
Old Jan 28, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
TPA-ORD-EWR on Feb 13 available for $97, 1731mi, 5.6cpm.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by Ritz
I'd liked to formulate a highly productive one-way AA Mileage Run return that gets me to the EWR/PHL/JFK/LGA area anytime between Feb 13-21.
Date range is stated in the OP.
Does this mean you want the flights to be in between the 13 and 21? I initially read it to mean that you wanted to arrive in the EWR/PHL/JFK/LGA area then, regardless of when you leave.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 1:04 am

You might be able to work TPA-DFW-TPA into whatever you're doing. It's currently $91 on the 13th, for 1857 mi @ 4.9 cpm
Old Jan 29, 2016, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Does this mean you want the flights to be in between the 13 and 21? I initially read it to mean that you wanted to arrive in the EWR/PHL/JFK/LGA area then, regardless of when you leave.

Ah, I see the ambiguity there. I'll narrow the window down even further, and I appreciate the help. Anything one-way from TPA that winds me up in the greater PHL/NYC area from Feb 13 to Feb 17. The higher the cpm/the better - can be a long convoluted itin for a high EQM yield on AA.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:28 pm

Are you saying that you won't leave TPA before the 13th and you can't arrive in PHL/NYC before the 17th? Or can you leave TPA earlier? If you're open for international travel and leave on the 12th...

$1023.06, 21,316 miles, 4.8cpm:
2/12: TPA-DFW-NRT-CGK (arrive 2/14, 12:10am)
2/14: CGK-NRT-JFK (depart 9:25pm, arrive 2/15 at 9:55am)

All AA codeshares, with NRT-CGK-NRT-JFK operated by JAL.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:05 pm

Ah, I see the ambiguity there. I'll narrow the window down even further, and I appreciate the help. Anything one-way from TPA that winds me up in the greater PHL/NYC area from Feb 13 to Feb 17. The higher the cpm/the better - can be a long convoluted itin for a high EQM yield on AA.
You're still leaving ambiguity... Does this mean you can leave on Feb 1st and arrive on Feb 13th?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 8:16 am
Original Poster

You're still leaving ambiguity... Does this mean you can leave on Feb 1st and arrive on Feb 13th?
Again, sorry. I can depart anytime from Feb 13th to Feb 17th from TPA,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.