Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Canada-S.Africa in J from 1,825 USD, *A and ST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances

Canada-S.Africa in J from 1,845 USD, *A and ST. Just play with it and the dates, there are a lot of options. For OW there are some Qatar options and some weird BA combos that seem unbookable.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...016-05-15;sc=b
Old Jan 22, 2016, 3:49 am

Talking

Big THANK YOU for this.

I woke up @ 04:30 am to go to the bathroom and pulled up my tablet while sitting on the toilet, saw your post.

Already I had a British Airways flight booked June-August Business class using 2-4-i cert and 225,000 of my Avios. Fees and taxes on this trip for myself and spouse were $3500 USD, and I would have to fly from Florida to NYC to connect.

With your tip I am paying just $100- more, same price to get to YYZ for us as NYC, BUT the

Bottom line is I get to keep my 225,000K Avios, earn another XXXXX in *A, and still fly J, all for the same amount of money. Bingo!
Old Jan 22, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Originally Posted by nk15
Canada-S.Africa in J from 1,845 USD, *A and ST. Just play with it and the dates, there are a lot of options. For OW there are some Qatar options and some weird BA combos that seem unbookable.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...016-05-15;sc=b
Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: Various
There have been some threads on this type of fare in the AC forum in the past (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-now-back.html), though not quite this cheap - more like $2400 or so. Still, that thread is useful in exploring various potential routings.

(We did this last year from YYZ, and it was awesome! There is also discussion in the above thread about some safari, etc. options at various price levels in the discussion in the above thread. FWIW, we did a self-tour for the majority of our time there, and I would highly recommend it.)
Old Jan 23, 2016, 1:26 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
This is similar to the fares offered last autumn and I missed them. I did buy one in Jan 2015 through Flight Hub. Only problem I had is one segment was in Y, but that was from JNB to CPT, no big deal but I complained and got a further discount from Flighthub.

Two questions:

I am wondering when these deals will expire? I am looking at one which is all *A for $3045CAN.

Another question how do you know if it is booked on 014 stock as I will need all the AQD I can muster this year to re-qualify for SE status......most of the segments I am looking at are on AC or AC code shares with LH or SAA but with one segment on LH medal.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
I believe 04FEB, at least for the DL/AF YYZ-DXB J fare deal, with a ZP7CCA fare basis code. Requires a min. 7 day stay and a 90 day advance purchase.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by arkangel
I believe 04FEB, at least for the DL/AF YYZ-DXB J fare deal, with a ZP7CCA fare basis code. Requires a min. 7 day stay and a 90 day advance purchase.
Just booked 3 tickets on Lufthansa

Ticket must be issued on or before Feb 4, 2016, but they can always pull the deal.

Starting at CAD $2,600 (~USD 1,800) incl tax, round trip.

YYZ-FRA-JNB = CAD $2,643
YYC-FRA-JNB = CAD $2,847
YVR-FRA-JNB = CAD $2,836

- TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 04FEB 16.
- PERMITTED 07MAY 16 THROUGH 31AUG 16 ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.
- 1 FREE STOPOVER PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT IN FRA/DUS/MUC/LON/GVA/PAR/VIE/ZRH/BRU.
- RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 90 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:39 am

Argh! This borders on torture. I could VERY much use this pricing about a month later!!! Even 2 weeks I could probably wing. Just not by Aug 31.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same fares to CPT.^
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by elizadoo
I woke up @ 04:30 am to go to the bathroom and pulled up my tablet while sitting on the toilet
TMI
Old Jan 24, 2016, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Out of curiosity I was perusing the LH website through the google fares link above and be careful that one version of these J tickets with LH on the outbound does not accrue any miles, and another version for $10 more it accrues 100%, weird, so be mindful of these and check the booking classes and mileage accrual, if you are interested in the miles.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Out of curiosity I was perusing the LH website through the google fares link above and be careful that one version of these J tickets with LH on the outbound does not accrue any miles, and another version for $10 more it accrues 100%, weird, so be mindful of these and check the booking classes and mileage accrual, if you are interested in the miles.
what are you talking about? These business class tickets always accrue miles.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
it's mileage upgrade is not available, but you get 100% miles
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Ramz
it's mileage upgrade is not available, but you get 100% miles
upgrade is only available on D and higher and that hardly costs $10 more. Even Z-class will be thousands more.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
what are you talking about? These business class tickets always accrue miles.
Click on this link below and choose "book with Lufthansa" at the end. It takes you to the LH site where there is an option for the outbound that costs 1312 CAD, and it says zero mileage accrual, while the one above it that costs 1321 CAD says 100% mileage accrual. I am not sure what is going on.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...YYZ1AC873;sc=b

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.