Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CLT run

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

CLT run

Anyone with any suggestions for long mileage runs from CLT on AA?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Welcome to FT machong. It would help if we had some more detail....how many miles do you need? What is your budget? Can you travel internationally?

A long MR is a relative term: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...r-monster.html
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
And if I may had a question: when? Is this to make status in 2015, or are you looking for 2016 travel?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

I was sort of playing with the idea to get Platium for 2015 but I need 21,000 points. So this is probably for 2016. I can travel international. As far as budget, looking for something that is worth the end game. I suspect my work travel will be the same in 2016 and would like to do a few fun trips and get more than gold
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Thanks for the additional detail! The good news is, there are definitely some mileage run worthy trips that can be taken in early 2016 if you have availability and interest.

One that pops up a lot is Jakarta, Indonesia (CGK). There are routes available out of CLT in Jan-May timeframe for under $800. The CGK runs often require at least a day on the ground, but if you are looking for an actual trip, this could work for you (even as a mileage run, the 24-48 hours on the ground can be worth it). The sub-$800 prices generally require departure on a Wednesday or Thursday. Friday (and some other days) departures go up, but can often be had for around $850 many dates.

Routings vary, but you usually go through NRT and connect to JL (make sure to get the AA codeshare, so you get full EQM) to CGK. Example: Depart Feb 18, return Feb 22: CLT-ORD-NRT-CGK-NRT-LAX-CLT is $797 for 21,688 miles (3.67 cents per mile). Play around with dates to see if there is an option you like.

Also look at Beijing for $766 on numerous dates January-March (note: China requires a visa procured in advance)

And finally, play with Google Flights. If you have dates you are looking at doing a mileage run and/or mini-trip, put CLT in as the origin, enter your dates, select American as your airlines, and leave the destination field blank. Then click the map and explore the world to see if a price/destination catch your eye.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Thank you TY 97.

Any advice on determining if the cost to do a mileage run is worth getting the next level of status?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by machong
Any advice on determining if the cost to do a mileage run is worth getting the next level of status?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.