Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

15,000 PQM and $1400 PQD short of 1K - any clever ideas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM

Hey all,

I'm 15,000 PQM and $1400 PQD short of UA 1K for next year. I have a few more tentative trips in me before the end of the year, but I'm wondering if anyone has ideas for bridging the gap in a particularly clever and/or cost effective way? Flying out of NYC.

I'm probably headed to Europe over New Years, returning in the new year unfortunately, so that's around 3500 PQM and $700-ish PQD. Might also have a transcon to fly, so add a few hundred PQD and 5000 PQM. Still leaves me quite short, especially on the PQM (never thought I'd see the day!).

Of course I could hop on a MR to Asia or something, but I'm wondering if anyone has less painful ideas.

Thanks in advance!

WS
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Take a look at NYC-LAX-BAH-NYC satarting November 12th w/ an over night in LA and immediate turn in BAH. On ITA it prices around $1,100 but it would be easy to change a fare code on one segment to knock that up to $1,400.

I know it sounds painful but consider two things 1) If you have a GPU left IAD-KWI is a easy UG 2) if you don't coach is almost always empty. It's a MR heavy route.

If you take this MR, let me know I'll see ya there ^
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Not clear exactly what you are looking for. You can do LGA-IAH-EWR-BQN-EWR-IAH-LGA for $473 in coach, 8802 miles, for example out 11/9 return 11/10. Or for $909 in business/first, 13203 miles with 50% class of service bonus. Similar prices available many days.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
NYC-YYZ-TLV round trip on AC in Premium Economy will get you the miles, and is about $1800.

I'm not sure if you can book that through UA to get the PQD, or what the multiplier is on the PQM for AC PY (it credits to AC as 125%), but it should get you the miles, and will be reasonably comfortable.

If you can find a UA flight for the NYC-YYZ sectors, you can probably get a CPU there too, since it would be Y on AC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.