Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ Transit on MR Question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
It looks like the author is making the 'right recommendation' to his friend...

Lots of good suggestions and information in this thread, but I want to add one more:

It may not feel like it, but ORD-YYZ is an international flight, where you have to clear IMMIGRATION and CUSTOMS. Sure, having NEXUS/GE will speed things up. In fact, in the 10+ flights I've taken to YYZ, and 15+ flights departing YYZ in the last few years, I've never taken more than 5 minutes to clear both immigration and customs......except that 1 time. I was exiting, with my OK tag from the GE/Nexus machine, and the tag collector at the door gave me a funny look and redirected me to secondary inspection.

After waiting ~30 minutes, the inspector scanned my IDs and told me I'm good to go. He didn't even look in my bag. I asked him why I was stopped, and he said that some information in my records were wrong, so I was flagged. (BS. I had the same info for years, with no flagging into/out of YYZ or elsewhere)

So, the lesson is: You can get unlucky and lose a lot of time. I would not risk anything less than 2 hours transiting through any international airports where I have to pass through immigration/customs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.