Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Any way to search from any origin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; Hilton Diamond

I know kayak and google flights explore are capable of searching "ATL to Europe," but I was just wondering if there's a way to search something like "United states to FRA." Ita matrix can sort of do this, but not easily.

I ask because it would be a good tool for optimizing gains when positioning for a MR. For example, I could position ATL to FRA and shrug off the positioning flight, but what if there is a cheap flight with my alliance from ORD-FRA? I could potentially add that leg in as a separate PNR without tossing the miles of the tatl entirely.

Just wondering. Any insights are appreciated!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
www.skyscanner.com

Use United States as your departure and XYZ as your destination...

I'm not sure what the level of completeness and accuracy you'll get, but you should get a decent picture of options, then I'd use ITA to dig deeper into the top 3/4.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tblack15
www.skyscanner.com

Use United States as your departure and XYZ as your destination...

I'm not sure what the level of completeness and accuracy you'll get, but you should get a decent picture of options, then I'd use ITA to dig deeper into the top 3/4.
Thanks much!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: Miles&More
In my experience this skyscanner function is incredibly inaccurate. Results depend on cached results, they tend to show old prices, no results for lots and lots of locations. Wouldn't rely on that. Can't hurt but I would think you are better off going with ITA right away. If you split it up in 10 searches you should be able to cover basically all relevant US airports.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
Seems ok on well traveled routes

I guess every time you look something up it goes into their cache. Nice idea but no good if lots of other people don't use it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.