Wiki Posts
Search

MR to Lima

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Delta DM
MR to Lima

Doing matrix and found plenty of good BE fares on Delta, anyone done this in a quick turnaround? I can book a flight arriving 12:00 and departing at 1:35 am.
Hour and a half to deplane and check in for next flight????
Anyone done a quick turn around?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

I called the Diamond desk at Delta, nice agent took my call, she said it was a legitimate routing, also said it was a small airport and easy to navigate, was hoping someone had done this flight....
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:50 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi newfie,

I don't know why nobody answered you yet. LIM is a really chaotic airport at midnight and immigration is a zoo, but there is a connections desk just before immigration and you get routed back up to the international departures lounge.

You have to go through security again before getting to the connections desk. I'd say you can be off your inbound flight, through security, past the connections desk and back up to your departing gate within 30 minutes.

Most pax are not connecting onto international flights so only a handful will be using the connections desk. I'd say it is more so the case since DL does not have a Sky Team partner at LIM, it's a OneWorld and Star Alliance hub.

Minimum connection time at LIM is 90 minutes. I'd say it's an easy MR. Only consideration I might have is that sometimes the queue for immigration is so long that it hides the entrance to the connections desk/security, it's on your right as you come towards immigration so look out for it.

Happy flying
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:57 am
Original Poster

thanks so much for your detailed reply, that was the info I needed, had another person say the same but was not as clear in his explanation, Delta assured me I could make the connection....as long as there are no unseen problems.....thanks again JC
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Unhappy Very difficult to find profitable MR's these days

Originally Posted by newfie
thanks so much for your detailed reply, that was the info I needed, had another person say the same but was not as clear in his explanation, Delta assured me I could make the connection....as long as there are no unseen problems.....thanks again JC
I've spent hours the last few days (even weeks sometimes) trying to find any MR that's profitable. Seems to me the airlines have gotten wise to this scheme and have just about eliminated any MR that's justifiable. Delta seems to be the worse. Even with DL, if you find something slightly attractive, it's nearly impossible to find a MR that's worth the miles and $$$. It's very, very, discouraging and hardly worth the time looking. Used to be a lot of fun ferreting these out - but now it's just plain boring. Can anyone shed some wisdom on this conundrum?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
See also:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...es-please.html
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:20 am

Lima is easy to do a quick turn
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:11 am

Programs: DL Diamond, United Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
I took this same trip in BE last year without incident. Spoke with several DM service agents prior who gave me varied responses, most of which assured making the return flight with proceed without incident. The manuevering in the airport was very quick as I was literally the only one passing security. Good luck.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by steaminer
Lima is easy to do a quick turn
Not my experience and I have done this trip in BE 3x per year for the last three years. Sometimes you can get lucky, but if you are there late when all of the 7x7s arrive from Japan, the immigration line can take 2+ hours.

TFD
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:48 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Task Force DL
Sometimes you can get lucky, but if you are there late when all of the 7x7s arrive from Japan, the immigration line can take 2+ hours.
Japan?

And obviously the OP is not clearing immigration anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.