Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Possible to construct a cost-effective mileage run using Delta from NYC to PHL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Delta flies few to no flights to Philly and the only direct connection from JFK or LGA is through a shuttle which is no-point earnings and $500.

I thought about going from LGA > MSP > PHIL and same way back but it would run over $1000.

Same with LGA > ATL > PHIL. I want to earn Sky Team Flying Blue miles (so it must be in S, Y, B, M class or above to get 100% Flying Blue miles) but it seems impossible on this route without it being tons of money. I would like the run to cost around $300-600 at most.

Ok so this cannot be a REAL mileage run because on Delta you only earn miles off the money you spend but I need to get to Philly and back and would like to spend a not-unreasonable amount of money to get there to earn Flying Blue points.

Any ideas?

Last edited by FlyingBlueIvory4life; Jan 9, 2015 at 11:03 pm
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm a little confused... you're going a distance that's 100 miles and trying to maximize the mileage? I'd likely just take the train. I'm not sure you'll find a cost effective way to acquire miles that way.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
If you need redeemable miles, just apply for an AMEX card that earns MR points. After the sign-up bonus, just purchase the points at a rate of $25 per 1,000 from AMEX directly then transfer them to your Flying Blue acct.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only published fares DL has between NYC and PHL are the JFK-PHL non-stops. Any other routings are going to involve multiple fares (broken fares) which are generally going to be more expensive than the single non-stop JFK-PHL fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.