Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: MSP-EAT (Wenatchee, WA) as low as ~$142ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL: MSP-EAT (Wenatchee, WA) as low as ~$142ai

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by 98103
Wenatchee is a very conservative city--quite possibly the most conservative in the state, none of this Puget Sound/Seattle based liberal stuff I did 18 years there, and in my opinion, the best view of Wenatchee is in the rear view mirror of my car. But that's just me. Some of my high school classmates can't imagine living anywhere else, so it works for them.
It's too bad I won't be spending more time there.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:16 pm

Programs: United PE, Alaska MVP Gld, Hhonors Gld, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by 98103
Wenatchee is a very conservative city--quite possibly the most conservative in the state, none of this Puget Sound/Seattle based liberal stuff I did 18 years there, and in my opinion, the best view of Wenatchee is in the rear view mirror of my car. But that's just me. Some of my high school classmates can't imagine living anywhere else, so it works for them.

Haha. Do yourselves a favor and google image "Alpine Lakes Wilderness". 300 days of sunshine in the Cascade Mountain foothills (opposite climate of Seattle), extensive community sponsored mountain biking trails. 25 minutes from the driveway to skiing or literally 10min to have the boat launched in the Columbia River. 2.7cents/kilowatt hour (LA is 21.6cents average) means miles of parks and almost every house has a fiber connection due to the PUD making so much on selling power to CA, one of the last Alcoa aluminum smelters in the country and monster data centers owned by Microsoft/Yahoo/Dell/etc. which by themselves justify air service to EAT. The economy doesn't exactly suck here.

The travel bug bit me early in life just like it did with many of you (24 countries since 2009) but it's always nice coming home to Wenatchee.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: AA ExP, AS MVP Gold, TK Gold, DL Plat
hey guys, did anybody save the full fare details for this amazing deal?
it's in "B" but it doesn't mean that ticket is refundable I guess. thanks
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
My receipt shows BA00A0MC.

I'm not sure. I already flew it... kind of. Called to try and change it to go out of GEG (since I flew in to GEG the night prior) and they left my res all mixed up. Got to EAT and couldn't check in, missed the flight. I actually had three separate res back-to-back that weekend, so I got rebooked out of SEA on the direct to HNL in full F, using that super-cheap B ticket!!! Sure, my MR weekend was greatly shortcut by 3000 MQM, but the agent gave me all the flights I wasn't able to take back as credits. Sometimes what they'll do for you as a DM is truly amazing. ^
Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA ExP, AS MVP Gold, TK Gold, DL Plat
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
My receipt shows BA00A0MC.

I'm not sure. I already flew it... kind of. Called to try and change it to go out of GEG (since I flew in to GEG the night prior) and they left my res all mixed up. Got to EAT and couldn't check in, missed the flight. I actually had three separate res back-to-back that weekend, so I got rebooked out of SEA on the direct to HNL in full F, using that super-cheap B ticket!!! Sure, my MR weekend was greatly shortcut by 3000 MQM, but the agent gave me all the flights I wasn't able to take back as credits. Sometimes what they'll do for you as a DM is truly amazing. ^
thank you, from what I found on ITA fare is not changeable and non-refundable, except for $200...What's special in this fare than? now exactly the same ticket cost $1,159 instead of $151...any ideas guys how to get rid of it? got a training in Chicago for those days.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:30 pm

What do you mean "get rid of it"? What did you buy? MSP-EAT-MSP? If so, then just don't fly any of it. Eat the ticket. ROFL
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by mikena
thank you, from what I found on ITA fare is not changeable and non-refundable, except for $200...What's special in this fare than? now exactly the same ticket cost $1,159 instead of $151...any ideas guys how to get rid of it? got a training in Chicago for those days.
Simply put: Sucks to suck.

Better luck next time.

Happens to everyone
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Doing two of these back to back on Jan 26th and 27th.

For any of you familiar with the airport, am I going to have trouble grabbing a cab from the airport to the SpringHill Suites around midnight?

Anybody done this run yet? How'd it go?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by mann1mal
For any of you familiar with the airport, am I going to have trouble grabbing a cab from the airport to the SpringHill Suites around midnight?
I wasn't there at midnight, but the airport is pretty much outside of town, and the SpringHill Suites is quite a ways away, across town. Since AS only has 2-3 flights/day, you may be in luck with a taxi, but I really don't know. Wenatchee isn't a metropolis.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I wasn't there at midnight, but the airport is pretty much outside of town, and the SpringHill Suites is quite a ways away, across town. Since AS only has 2-3 flights/day, you may be in luck with a taxi, but I really don't know. Wenatchee isn't a metropolis.
Thanks EZE, I figured as much so I guess I might try to pre-arrange some sort of transport. Would hate to have walk the 8 miles to the hotel...
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:53 pm

Call 509-663-TAXI. Sounds like they'd be willing to give you a ride. Don't think Uber's quite made it there yet.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond

You will find taxis waiting outside the one (and only) door of the airport post your arrival.

Last edited by laptoptravel; Jan 6, 2015 at 10:30 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, Carnival Plat
For those who have flown this MR, any idea what time TSA opens prior to flights out of EAT? 1hr? 45min? 30min?

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:24 am

I imagine not more than one hour before, if even that. It's really a one gate airport.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MorningJoe
For those who have flown this MR, any idea what time TSA opens prior to flights out of EAT? 1hr? 45min? 30min?

Thanks!
The airport opens at 4:15am for the 6:00am outbounds.

TSA lane opens typically 50 minutes before departures

Last edited by laptoptravel; Jan 20, 2015 at 4:03 pm Reason: spelling coorection

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.