Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Maximizing mileage for NYC-HKG-NYC on AA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2014, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold

Obviously trying to minimize CPM but willing to have slightly higher CPM if much more miles.
Max mileage I can get is 22,391 (vs 19,024 for most direct LGA-DFW-HKG and back routing) by flying around a little on return flight from HKG.
Anyone else find more mileage on that route?
Old Nov 8, 2014, 1:55 pm

Via LAX and DFW both ways & ICN/NRT???
Old Nov 8, 2014, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by MileMan123
Via LAX and DFW both ways & ICN/NRT???
Need it to be on AA or US metal... DFW-HKG is longest AA flight in system I believe
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:27 am

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
It is possible to do LGA @6am to DCA (arrive 6:59am, leave 8:35am) to DFW (arrive 11:05am, leave 12:00pm) to HKG. Also possible with PHL connection. Doesn't seem possible with RDU/CLT connection.

Note: There is only 1 daily flight from DFW-HKG, depending on the time of the year, it seems to be either 11:30am or 12:00pm. If 11:30am, it won't work.

Coming back from HKG to the US, only AA metal is HKG-DFW, which arrives in the afternoon, so additional routing with DCA/PHL should work too.

Last edited by hotstepper; Nov 12, 2014 at 12:34 am
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: MR Plat/AA EXP/DL Silver/SPG Plat/HH Gold/Hyatt Plat/
I'll be the first to interject that booking this close you will NOT get upgraded. I did the LGA-DFW-HKG-DFW-LGA about 3 weeks in advance and was around 30th on the upgrade list both ways. It's horrible if you can't snatch an MCE seat and have someone next to you. Especially going there from DFW-HKG leg is 16.5 miserable hours...
Old Nov 12, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hotstepper
It is possible to do LGA @6am to DCA (arrive 6:59am, leave 8:35am) to DFW (arrive 11:05am, leave 12:00pm) to HKG.
Just be aware that AA 137 originates in DCA and connects in DFW to HKG. If you choose 137 from DCA you will get less miles since AA calculates DCA-HKG instead of DCA-DFW-HKG because of same flight number on both segments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.