Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA booking code alignment for MR help

Old Nov 6, 14, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold; Hyatt & MLife-Platinum, RCI-Diamond

I did my search for how to look up specific booking codes on ITA, but that entire thread made no sense and didn't work when I tried the "tricks".

But I do have some questions. I did book and have on hold until noon today FLL-DFW-HKG and return Thanksgiving returning Monday for $1115 (actually could have flown out of MIA for $1005 - but have free parking near FLL). And I have a friend who just moved to Hong Kong, so will stay with her three nights.

I'm 18K EQP away from Ex. Plat. I need 26K for EQM. So booking code Q isn't going to work for me. I called AA just now and got quotes for H, R, M, L and V. V being the lowest at $897 more than my current price. When I think that AA wanted about $1800 for 10K miles to upsell to XPlat, I guess $897 isn't too bad.

The rep said since I booked online, I'd have to call and get guidance from aa.com on how to change my code, and/or cancel the hold and just rebook with an agent (I guess I'd have some booking fees - I'm only a Plat this year).

So my decision before noon today if I want to change the code to a V. And BTW, is that guaranteed to always be 1 EQP? Or just keep my Q and do a couple of domestic MR. I also have on hold a MIA-SFO $300. (have a friend out there too and overnight with). If I change my HKG to a V, I'll probably cancel my Sfo visit.

Re-evaluating, with my two domestic business trips and a visit to SFO, I think I can make the EQM instead and save myself 897. it will be close

Last edited by trekker954; Nov 6, 14 at 7:17 am
Old Nov 6, 14, 10:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
usually when you call to up-fare a ticket , they waive the phone fee since you can't book it online.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: