Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] EMIRATES : JFK/DFW/LAX-KWI (KUWAIT) Rt. $387 - $547 a.i.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] EMIRATES : JFK/DFW/LAX-KWI (KUWAIT) Rt. $387 - $547 a.i.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: American Platinum, Delta
maybe we need to be a bit more proactive here in the mileage run forum.

In the trick it thread, on the top of each page, in large red letters is a reminder not to call the airline. couldn't we do the same thing here?

Whether or not its a sale fare or a super sale fare, there really is no reason to call the airlines, especially when a thread is active like this one. If you feel you must call the airline, why not ask your question in the thread first? Many on here would have been able to post that you cannot book an itinerary for august '15 in july of '14.

I'm sure that the tech team of this website would be able to implement an alert on the top of each page, similiar to the trick it thread, for each thread that is started in the mileage run deals forum. Perhaps this would be able to cut down on these actions in the future.

Last edited by multicamp; Jul 30, 2014 at 2:00 pm
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold
What was interesting is that offered bookings on the phone until July 31, 2015. I'm well aware of the 330 day rule, just hoping against hope they could make it work. Anyway, my mistake, moving on.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dantorsiello
I know, just made a bonehead mistake. I took advantage of mistakes before (Wideroe, AZ/KL rtw) and just didn't think it through. So yes, stupid mistake. But the overboard reactions? Yikes.
Thanks again Dantorsiello for calling the airline! You kindness in ruining this deal for many others is greatly not appreciated. Overboard reactions, I don't think so.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:14 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
While I'm not defending a phone call killed a deal - https://twitter.com/airfarewatchdog/...55528612753408 this was posted at 11:20AM, this deal ended almost 24 hours later...this fairly large twitter handle tagged emirates...so everyone should calm down and start discussing how to get through a 16 hour flight in Y
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
While I'm not defending a phone call killed a deal - https://twitter.com/airfarewatchdog/...55528612753408 this was posted at 11:20AM, this deal ended almost 24 hours later...this fairly large twitter handle tagged emirates...so everyone should calm down and start discussing how to get through a 16 hour flight in Y
Don't get me started on deal-stealing blogs like AFWD... they kill deals all the time -- anything to drive readership and clicks.

We'll never know how EK really found out.. but every little bit of prevention goes a long way. That includes not calling the airline. In fact, there's almost no circumstance that requires calling the airline these days..
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:35 pm

i Was Able to secure yesterday
IAH -KWI
KWI- DXB
DXB-KHI
KHI- IAH
$566

They Even Had Fare all the way To SIN Via KWI and DXB For $627
Weekend hope on End of october
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by bizking786
i Was Able to secure yesterday
IAH -KWI
KWI- DXB
DXB-KHI
KHI- IAH
$566

They Even Had Fare all the way To SIN Via KWI and DXB For $627
Weekend hope on End of october
You should have posted about SIN!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by wcalvert
You should have posted about SIN!
Could have called EK to double check.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:34 pm
jmw

Another thing that would help is if a moderator or OP can modify the original post and put in red letters at the very top "DO NOT CALL THE AIRLINE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!!!" The moderator should be able to tell the difference between a good sale where a call is acceptable and a mistake/dump. This was clearly worthy of the do not call warning.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by jmw
Another thing that would help is if a moderator or OP can modify the original post and put in red letters at the very top "DO NOT CALL THE AIRLINE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!!!" The moderator should be able to tell the difference between a good sale where a call is acceptable and a mistake/dump. This was clearly worthy of the do not call warning.
It's written many places and the advice is still not heeded quite often so no, I don't see this as being a solution.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
Originally Posted by wcalvert
Can we make calling the airlines against the FT TOS?

^^^

Talkboard, get to it!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
..so everyone should calm down and start discussing how to get through a 16 hour flight in Y
Free booze in coach. Something North American carriers *cough*UA*cough* could learn a thing or two about.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Free booze in coach. Something North American carriers *cough*UA*cough* could learn a thing or two about.
Which is ironic considering booze is banned in Kuwait.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by dantorsiello
I called thinking it was a sale fare not a mistake fare. Based on some reactions you think I took a razor to the Met's portrait gallery. My middle school students handle things better.
Don't listen to the people who make a mountain out of a molehill. These fares get posted all over the internet and some of the people here think one call to a a rep making minimum wage is what kills a deal that is insane to begin with and has been available for over 24 hours. Then they also accuse websites of "stealing" the deal, like this is an exclusive club. The deal was cheap and I almost pulled the trigger but I honestly can't understand why anyone would want to go to Kuwait.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:21 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I booked yesterday ex-ORD leave 25/Sep return 27/Sep in true mileage run form. $317 ai.

Anyone else on the flights that weekend?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.