Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL SEA-HKG $640 nonstop

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL SEA-HKG $640 nonstop

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by newing
I tried to find such a stopover as well (before I realized I had to do a nonstop flight for the Seattle Double Miles bonus), and was unsuccessful as well. I tried quite a few times, with both ITA and Orbitz.
You'd still get the double miles on the NRT-SEA flight... Definitely less than the HKG-SEA distance, but on the double miles promo, you might be sacrificing 1,500-ish miles? I'd sacrifice that for some time in Tokyo.

If anyone has managed to get the stopover to price out according to the fare rules, please do share.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaWings
Has anyone got a stopover to price out at the +$100 mentioned in the fare rules? I've found the $627 price with a direct (layover in NRT) return on day x, x+1, 2 & 3, but when I price it with an NRT stopover the price hops to $2k+.
I am able to, using MSP as the stopover.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
So I kust looked at the fare rules again after you said that:

2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 1 IN EACH
DIRECTION AT THE GATEWAY IN AREA 1 AT USD 100.00 EACH.
At the area 1 gateway city. Don't know how I missed that. Means no international stopovers, bummer.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:30 pm

More details about the Seattle double miles offer: http://dmn.delta.com/ace_plrs/seattledouble/
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:15 am

If flying from SEA-NRT-SEA as a plat medellion, do we still earn 3x miles Alaska from the SEA promo if crediting it to Alaska?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by FAllWay
If flying from SEA-NRT-SEA as a plat medellion, do we still earn 3x miles Alaska from the SEA promo if crediting it to Alaska?
Yes, and if you use a Delta e-certificate, you can even lower the cost.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
I don't see Alaska participating in the double miles promotion --- so I'd have to say no.

I know someone else has said "yes" --- but they need to show where AS is participating in this promotion.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AA G, Ex-DL GM, Ex-UA 1P
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
So I kust looked at the fare rules again after you said that:

At the area 1 gateway city. Don't know how I missed that. Means no international stopovers, bummer.

It seems Honolulu should work according to the rules, but I can't get it to work either.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: LatinPass MM, HH Diamond, NW Platinum, Delta DM MM, SPG
Originally Posted by sunghwan34
You qualify if you are a resident of Washington state, meaning your address on your Delta account should be a Washington address.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by chunky649
Quote:

I dont get it. Why do westerners love hong kong so much? Its boring. Not much to do. Stay for several days and you can pretty much see everything of interest. Food is subpar. Even the locals find hkg so boring. About half the year , the weather is horrible. The girls are on the less attractive side to rest of the surrounding asian countries, handmade suits are not what it used to be, if you go to macau you will find it extremely boring, lol

Wow, thats a very provocative statement... Even though I agree with almost all of what you said.. (I go often and have family there) :-)

I think the interesting/unique parts of HK can be experienced in ~1 week easily. The view going up, and on top of "the Peak" is unique and unequal.
Rather than HK Disney, I think Ocean Park is better. The entry cost is so low (compared to USA Disney), you mind as well visit both... Maybe I'm bias, I think HK food is unique and is a nice blend of western and eastern taste. Some people say you can find good international cuisine in HK, but I think visitors should stick to HK and Chinese style food. (Skip the sushi and European fare)...

HK is popular for travelers (not just "westerners&quot because it is relatively safe in terms of personal safety, food/sanitary, shopping quality. It is also much more English (international) friendly compared to other Asian countries. (It is still very foreigner friendly, but other Asian cities are becoming more and more foreigner friendly.) The visa-free entry (for most nationalities) and tax-free shopping makes HK attractive for visitors.

Last, the low fare to HK makes it a very attractive destination or jumping point for international visitors. Show us a good ~$600 fare to Taipei, Seoul, or Tokyo and you'll start wondering why Westerners love them too! :-)
Exactly. You can buy every brand in the world. Public transportation is first class. You don't have scam artists taking you for a ride on a taxi and don't have to negotiate the price ahead of time like in some parts of Italy.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by mudd_stuffin
Exactly. You can buy every brand in the world. Public transportation is first class. You don't have scam artists taking you for a ride on a taxi and don't have to negotiate the price ahead of time like in some parts of Italy.
Public transportation is first class in most modern asian countries. Shopping same. Taxi ride, not scam? Interesting. Because we just had an argument with one. We as in myself and my local friends. Taxis can be scams anywhere
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: AC *P
Public transportation is first class in most modern asian countries. Shopping same. Taxi ride, not scam? Interesting. Because we just had an argument with one. We as in myself and my local friends. Taxis can be scams anywhere
See this article: http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...uters?page=all. Not all transportation systems are the same, and as a tourist, I do not believe you fully appreciate how the system works unless you have been on every mode of transport there.

http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/l...systems-746919. I would consider for example Thailand and Malaysia modern, but yet they do not crack this list?

In all my years there, both as local and as tourists, I have never been scammed by a taxi driver. Agree that taxi scams can happen anywhere, but it is very different from say Naples where you are suggested to negotiate a fare ahead of time.

How exactly local are your friends? Are they expats?

In any event, you do not have to like it and it is pretty obvious that you are the minority here.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by mudd_stuffin
See this article: http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...uters?page=all. Not all transportation systems are the same, and as a tourist, I do not believe you fully appreciate how the system works unless you have been on every mode of transport there.

http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/l...systems-746919. I would consider for example Thailand and Malaysia modern, but yet they do not crack this list?

In all my years there, both as local and as tourists, I have never been scammed by a taxi driver. Agree that taxi scams can happen anywhere, but it is very different from say Naples where you are suggested to negotiate a fare ahead of time.

How exactly local are your friends? Are they expats?

In any event, you do not have to like it and it is pretty obvious that you are the minority here.
Locals as in born in hkg. Blood of chinese decents. Only lived in hkg.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:18 pm

I really want to go in October or November. Tough decision here is whether or not to buy a ticket for a girl I'm casually dating, who would go if we still were at that time, or wait to see if we are, then pay loads more for the ticket.

I'm thinking that losing $650 is better than paying $1k+ more closer in, right?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:26 pm

I did the flight to Hong Kong in the beginning of July and credited it to Alaska. I received the correct number of miles in my Alaska account and I also received the bonus miles in delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.