Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

How can I Maximize miles for IST-SFO or LAX or Las on UA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2014, 3:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Hi

I have to make 20.000 miles till 1. april

how can I maximize for UA flight from istanbul to west coast of USA ?

normally I can make ca 15.000 miles but need more.

thanks
Old Jan 31, 2014, 8:32 am

I don't think you can stretch a 15k run to 20k without buying a B or better fare class.

You might get a couple k more by starting in LAS and looking for connections.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
What frequent flyer program is this for? Are you starting in IST? And does it matter where you fly to?
Your options can be very different, depending on your answers.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 10:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wh6cto
What frequent flyer program is this for? Are you starting in IST? And does it matter where you fly to?
Your options can be very different, depending on your answers.

I am a member of TK miles and smiles , I will be Elite Plus by completing 20.000 miles till april 1

from IST cheapest option to earn miles is UA

TK is expensive , LH and Swiss + canada air partially or fully does not give miles..

it does not matter where I fly.... but as far as I checked , cheapest miles for west cost of USA

others are more expensive
Old Jan 31, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
West coast isn't going to get you 20K miles. Probably the cheapest option would be get the 15000 miles on a trip to the west coast, then do another round trip to the U.S. east coast while you are in the U.S. You can get to LAX for about $750, then do a trip for example LAX-BOS-LAX for under $300. Another option would be to go to Hawaii, with the right routing like IST-FRA-EWR-HNL this will earn 20000 miles for around $1300.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.