Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) IB (OW): MR out of PAR, 15K miles, $435ai, 2.8cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: fqtv_kraven
Please post your travels here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1541904-ib-ba-longhaul-error-meetup-thread.html
Print Wikipost

(FARE GONE) IB (OW): MR out of PAR, 15K miles, $435ai, 2.8cpm

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by kaell
any news?
No, still pouring down
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:04 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
As far as I can see SIN has the security check directly at the gate. So would it be possible to arrive, spending some time in the lounge, going landside for a few hours, going back to the airport, taking the free transit city tour in the evening and going back again to the lounge?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:19 pm

Yes, this is entirely possible and what I plan to do on my run to SIN; when are you going?

To do the free transit tour you will need to show the boarding passes for your 'return' leg. I should think you should be able to collect these at the transfer desk or in the lounge if you are unable to check-in for the entire route online before hand.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by FormalHall
Yes, this is entirely possible and what I plan to do on my run to SIN; when are you going?
My first run is in two weeks.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:39 pm

I'll be going on 16-17 January so might just be before you; shall report back.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 7:09 am

Just back from the first half of my 2nd run
Flew this time to SIN and everything went as smooth as the first time but I've to say my SYD run was much more fun because of the almost 10 hours stop there and the opportunity to spend some time in the city and having lunch outside before going back to the airport and get ready for the return flight in the lounge.
When flying to SYD, was only able to get BP's for the first half of the trip and had to collect the return ones in SYD but this time I got everything in ORY - ORY/LHR/SIN/LHR/MAD.
Again, the back of the 777 was almost empty with a full row of 3 seats for both flights. Too bad you can't put the armrests in a complete upright position
Flying back to SIN at the end of the week.
Still one more run in SYD and an other in SIN next March but I'm not sure yet about my last SYD run in the Summer
BTW... Slightly more than 72.000 miles posted to my EXP AA account including the MAD/ORY/MAD positioning flights ^^
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by FormalHall
I'll be going on 16-17 January so might just be before you; shall report back.
Haha, I depart on the weekend afterwards.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
DXB run 1 of 4 on the 17th of Jan
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Has anyone done a JNB trip yet? I have a JNB double header in May and would like any tips of things to do for the 12 hour gap. I could just get a day room at a hotel that seems like a wasted opportunity to visit a city, and country, I have never seen.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:47 pm

fqtv_kraven, FormalHall : I´m afraid, that the city tour in SIN is only for transitting Singapore airlines passengers, not for BA pax.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 4:09 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by BigVince76
Has anyone done a JNB trip yet? I have a JNB double header in May and would like any tips of things to do for the 12 hour gap. I could just get a day room at a hotel that seems like a wasted opportunity to visit a city, and country, I have never seen.
Same here. My JNB double header isn't until September. I read good things about mmilotours on TripAdvisor and I think I'm gonna do a Cradle of Humankind tour on one of the days.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by johnwmaher
Has anybody tried skipping their last (LHR-ORY) leg? I would really like to skip it due to the lack of nonstop options to LAX out of ORY and just fly out of LHR but I heard some chatter about people being concerned about skipping the last leg and not getting any miles for their entire itinerary from Iberia. So has anybody tried skipping their last leg and still gotten all of their flown miles?
Does anybody have a clue about skipping the last leg LHR-ORY? Will it still earn mileage for the previous flights?
Or is it possible to even modify and standby to an earlier flight from LHR? I'm not a BAEC but AA EXP.

Problem is that I am flying directly after to KUL and the only option would be CDG-DOH-KUL on QR but with only 2h25 to connect from ORY to CDG... so pretty impossible.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by brumbrum
fqtv_kraven, FormalHall : I´m afraid, that the city tour in SIN is only for transitting Singapore airlines passengers, not for BA pax.
I was planning to do the same on my SIN run.

where does it say that it is only for SQ passengers? I checked on their site, and it doesnt say you need a SQ BP for this tour

http://www.changiairport.com/at-chan...singapore-tour
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Titom
Problem is that I am flying directly after to KUL and the only option would be CDG-DOH-KUL on QR but with only 2h25 to connect from ORY to CDG... so pretty impossible.
Heh. I once showed up at CDG by mistake when my flight was departing from ORY (I was in and out of Paris weekly using both airports), so I rushed outside and asked a taxi driver how fast he could get me to ORY. It was an unfortunate choice of words on my part, as I really had plenty of time. The taxi driver shrugged and said about 25 minutes. I thought wow, that seems really fast. So we climbed in the taxi and in about 25 minutes we pulled up to ORY. It probably should have taken about 45 minutes. It was a bit scary, but taxi driver seemed so intent getting me there fast, I didn't want to tell him to slow down.

Anyway, with the right Taxi, the 2:25 is probably doable, but I agree that it's best to avoid that stress if possible.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
I was planning to do the same on my SIN run.

where does it say that it is only for SQ passengers? I checked on their site, and it doesnt say you need a SQ BP for this tour

http://www.changiairport.com/at-chan...singapore-tour
I read it somewhere but maybe I just understood it badly:-) Of course will be glad to do it on my run in march. Someone´s experience with it will be appreciated ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.