Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

feel hard for way to UA P/1K in following months

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

feel hard for way to UA P/1K in following months

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2013, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HU G, 3U G, CZ G, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL Plat, IHG SRA, TK G, Hilton G
Red face feel hard for way to UA P/1K in following months

AA recently has a very lucrative deal PHL=PEK roundtrip for 18000mi-20000mi possible.However, in next 2 months and next year, I didn't see UA has some similar MR deals.....

nonsense....

First, this way I wanna think about UA P is the CPU chance and flexible policy for award ticket.

Second, I will think about whether there is any good deal ex-BOS/NYC in the following month .

Now I got 66000 miles. and among 30 flights I took this year , my upgrade chance is 50%-40% or lower.

To 1k I have to fly 34000 more
To P I have to fly 9500 more

I think P is nice for me this year, does anyone have any suggestion for MR of 1 day /2 days and getting me 9500 miles (I thought BOS-IAH-SJU IN P 650 USD)

Is that 650 USD worth a better upgrade chance (ther is GS/1K above me)

Give me some suggestions about whether should I choose BOS=SJU to reach Platinum or is ther any more lucrative ways in next 2 months to reach p?

thanks
Old Oct 4, 2013, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
See mileage run discussion.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott PP/LT Plat, Golden Circle Diamond
Depends on what airports you fly into and out of domestically. If you are typically going at a hub, probably not worth it IMO.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis Pres
Why spend all that time switching planes at airports? Newark to Istanbul round-trip Dec 5-8 $636 gets you 10k or more miles which is more than enough for you. Plus you get to spend a couple days enjoying the city. The only question is what visa requirements you would have.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 2:17 am

Programs: UA Platinum, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
How much travel will you do next year? Going from gold to platinum, you will get 25% extra miles credited to your account. That could worth a few hundred dollars if you plan to travel a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.