Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] SEZ-DUB One-Way; USD$288+tax (~338 ai) in EY/HM business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] SEZ-DUB One-Way; USD$288+tax (~338 ai) in EY/HM business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: UA, PC
Missing Expedia.co.uk confirmation email -- anyone else?

Hmm... has anybody booked this but NOT received a confirmation email from Expedia.co.uk? I booked on Saturday night at home/Sunday a.m. GMT and got Expedia's confirmation page, along with an itinerary confirmation. Fine. I hit print and go to bed, but I come out the next morning to discover that my printer had an error and never processed the doc! I assumed that I'd get Expedia's confirmation email in due course, but it's been a couple of days, and nothing (yes, I've checked spam, junk, etc., in Gmail ).

Expedia does have a "submit your email address, and we'll send you your itineraries," so I did this twice, but I never received anything. And my card has been charged for the ticket price.

I definitely don't want to phone them yet, as I don't think we've heard any official line on this. In the meantime, though, has anybody else had the same issue and got around it without invoking notice from the higher-ups?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
strange...have you tried going through EY's website rather than virtuallythere.com directly?
Yes, have tried this. Not worrying yet, as I said, waiting until the fare is dead then I will call.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:15 am
dll
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jennifersoars
Hmm... has anybody booked this but NOT received a confirmation email from Expedia.co.uk? I booked on Saturday night at home/Sunday a.m. GMT and got Expedia's confirmation page, along with an itinerary confirmation. Fine. I hit print and go to bed, but I come out the next morning to discover that my printer had an error and never processed the doc! I assumed that I'd get Expedia's confirmation email in due course, but it's been a couple of days, and nothing (yes, I've checked spam, junk, etc., in Gmail ).

Expedia does have a "submit your email address, and we'll send you your itineraries," so I did this twice, but I never received anything. And my card has been charged for the ticket price.

I definitely don't want to phone them yet, as I don't think we've heard any official line on this. In the meantime, though, has anybody else had the same issue and got around it without invoking notice from the higher-ups?
I book with Expedia fairly often and frequently have this exact same problem. Sometimes the email confirmation indeed just never arrives even after I've requested it be re-sent. Other times gets to me right away. No correlation that I have seen with types of itineraries, operating carrier(s) or anything like that, just random IT issues.

Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:31 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

I have confirmation emails as well as the virtuallythere PDF. EY shows my flights.

The issue now is, I have yet to be charged...

Booked on xp.uk SUN 1AM PST

Could we get a FT headcount in a First Thread and maybe "Travel Months" to get feedback as this progresses.

AMRivlin - Mid October PRI-SEZ-AUH AUH-DUB
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:40 am

mlqsko - End September SEZ-AUH-DUB
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Junior_2J&K - Mid November SEZ-AUH-DUB
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA, PC
Originally Posted by dll
I book with Expedia fairly often and frequently have this exact same problem. Sometimes the email confirmation indeed just never arrives even after I've requested it be re-sent. Other times gets to me right away. No correlation that I have seen with types of itineraries, operating carrier(s) or anything like that, just random IT issues.

What a bummer! OK, guess I'll be waiting 'til this deal gets discovered. Thanks for the insight.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:36 pm
formerly maskelo

I booked mine on lastminute, flight sez-auh on I and auh-dub on W, eticket already received - december date
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: Diamond Hyatt; Platinum DL, AA, SPG; Gold UA
Mcavin - Early March2x14 SEZ-AUH-DUB
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
SEZ-DUB One-Way; USD$288+tax (~338 ai) in EY/HM business

April 2014 SEZ-AUH-DUB

Last edited by Mauibaby2008; Jun 4, 2013 at 1:38 pm
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:20 pm

tc_jedi - Early Feb 14 SEZ-AUH-DUB
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:26 pm

andaman C - SEZ-AUH July 12, and AUH-DUB July 15
Mauibaby2008 April 1st 2014 SEZ-AUH-DUB
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: TK*G, LH FT, Hilton Gold, IC Ambassador
2x tkts early feb 2014 SEZ-AUH-DUB
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:41 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Just noticed this:

Amex charge posted as Air Seychelles/HM

Expedia took a nice little service charge, but I guess I committed to this full amount. The difference is the extra fee for W so AUH-DUB earns miles and $70 per person charge for PRI-SEZ, which is the going rate.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, KLM Gold, AB Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond, Qantas Svr, Etihad Svr
andaman C - SEZ-AUH July 12, and AUH-DUB July 15
Mauibaby2008 April 1st 2014 SEZ-AUH-DUB
Mrtibbs1999 Nov 17/18 2013 SEZ-AUH-DUB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.