Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] TK: WAW-IST-KUL-IST-WAW in business J for ~$900

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2013, 4:34 am

Programs: SPG platinum, Best Western Platinum, SIXT platinum
Originally Posted by 31570324
If it would be TK flights you would be right, but you booked MH flights so you will not get points for A3.
Ah i see Aegan is star aliance... ufff.

Whats the best to get points for the Malaysian flights?
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
[QUOTE=Michael Myshu;21262518]hey all..

i have two question, probably someone spoke about it.. so please forgive me..

1:
Do you know if i can get this free night if i fly Malaysian from Ist?

Yes, you are entitled to free accommodation, even if you fly Malaysia metal.
I flew WAW-IST on LOT and IST-KUL on Malaysia and was awarded a free night. You cannot choose your hotel though ... and TK staff at the transfer desk is not very friendly ...
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Michael Myshu
Ah i see Aegan is star aliance... ufff.

Whats the best to get points for the Malaysian flights?
The best and easiest is to credit the miles to your TK Miles & Smiles account. You will get 18136 miles for this, which is almost (20K) what you need for a reward ticket from Europe to Turkey. Not bad.

The miles for MH flights are bonus miles though, not status miles. So it won't take you very far in term of status.

Hope that helps !
Old Aug 13, 2013, 10:41 am

thanks guys..

About free night. I called to THY and they told me, if there is a earlier flight from IST to KUL, which is, i cant get a free night.
As it was my choice, that ive booked the MH flight next day..

And if i cant choose, isnt better just to pay another? As spg member, was thinking about the Sheraton near the airport..

And about THY miles program.. As we have couple of flights with malaysian thru Asia, you think its good to join the Malaysian program there?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Has anyone posted their TK flights to A3? I was anticipating 150% miles as we were in business class, but our miles just posted and A3 only gave us 100% miles. I see on their website that J class (which is what we were booked into) is classified as "Business Upgrade" and only gets 100% miles. Is it possible that A3 has miscoded J class? How do we fight this as our ticket clearly shows J class.

For anyone wanting to know the mileage, we got 865 miles for WAW-IST and 5180 miles for IST-KUL.

I was hoping to get my A3 Gold status with these flights, but will now fall way short.

TIA
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Has anyone posted their TK flights to A3? I was anticipating 150% miles as we were in business class, but our miles just posted and A3 only gave us 100% miles. I see on their website that J class (which is what we were booked into) is classified as "Business Upgrade" and only gets 100% miles. Is it possible that A3 has miscoded J class? How do we fight this as our ticket clearly shows J class.

For anyone wanting to know the mileage, we got 865 miles for WAW-IST and 5180 miles for IST-KUL.

I was hoping to get my A3 Gold status with these flights, but will now fall way short.

TIA

I think J class is now for upgrades with Turkish Airlines, but it was not at the time of booking. You can send an email to A3 to explain the situation : [email protected]

They are quite good and you might get the appropriate miles credited to your account this way.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 5:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA P, A3 G, MU Gold, HH G, Marriott P
Originally Posted by KATERGOO
I think J class is now for upgrades with Turkish Airlines, but it was not at the time of booking. You can send an email to A3 to explain the situation : [email protected]

They are quite good and you might get the appropriate miles credited to your account this way.
I am not quite sure whether this would help much, as it states on A3's website: "General Notes: 1. the Effective dates captured below regard flight events, regardless of the booking date 2. Booking classes not referred below are regarded as mileage non-accruable."
Although it doesn't hurt to try I guess.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 2:21 pm
ast

Programs: TK E+;EY S; OW EMD; SPG P; CC C

Did anybody do OLCI for this flights?

Try to check-in for tomorrow WAW-IST and seat selection in Y
Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ast
Did anybody do OLCI for this flights?

Try to check-in for tomorrow WAW-IST and seat selection in Y
I did OLCI for my flights, and I got the J class seat map. Though I did call in and make my seat reservation a few months before my flights.

The strange thing though was that I got credited Y class miles for my first segment. Luckily it was corrected by the M&S team a few weeks afterwards.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 2:28 am

Hey there

I am flying today with this business fare.

I have a question. We fly today WAW to IST with turkish and tomorrow IST-KUL with Malaysian.

Can we go tomorrow to the Turkish airlines lounge? As we will have a malaysian air ticket..

Thanks
M
Old Sep 8, 2013, 3:39 am

Yes You Can go to the TK lounge which Is much nicer than the malaysian lounge. Enjoy !

Originally Posted by Michael Myshu
Hey there

I am flying today with this business fare.

I have a question. We fly today WAW to IST with turkish and tomorrow IST-KUL with Malaysian.

Can we go tomorrow to the Turkish airlines lounge? As we will have a malaysian air ticket..

Thanks
M
Old Sep 8, 2013, 3:40 am

Any news about a open lounge for the late TK flights out KUL?
Old Sep 8, 2013, 5:14 am

Talking

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
Yes You Can go to the TK lounge which Is much nicer than the malaysian lounge. Enjoy !

Thanks.. definitely going tomorrow there..
Greetings from the WAW Lot business lounge..
Old Sep 8, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: UA 1K
Any recent experience with changes?

Does anyone have recent experience making pre-departure changes to trips with this fare? We booked via an OTA, and I'm curious whether (1) we should try calling a TK sales office; (2) we should ask them to try calling a TK sales office; (3) something else.

(Edit to add: tried calling an IST sales office and was told "we don't do changes, please contact our call center."

I'm going to try calling our travel agent, Opodo, when they're open during business hour tomorrow; and then I'll try visiting the local TK sales/reservations office in London. )

(Edit to add: called the TK sales office in London Monday, was told "this is a travel agent booking and we won't touch it."

Called Opodo and the first agent called TK, hung up on me and told me he'd call me back in an hour (!) then had someone else call me back in an hour to offer to reprice from scratch. Interestingly, it sounds like Opodo outsources their travel agent phone support desk to some third party — the agent refused to tell me what company he worked for just "whoever you're talking to right now", which suggests that he didn't know which company to say he worked for.)

(Edit to add: called the TK sales office in Warsaw several times Monday, got only busy tones or hung up on. Called the TK sales office in Warsaw Tuesday a few times an hour, mostly busy signals or no answer, one fax machine, eventually reached a gentleman who advised "you have not started travel yet. Call your travel agent").

Last edited by mherdeg; Sep 10, 2013 at 8:33 am
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:24 pm
ast

Programs: TK E+;EY S; OW EMD; SPG P; CC C
Thanks LH4116
i got business class at the airport without any problems. Miles for WAW-IAT-KUL I recieved in J as in ticket.

Unfortunately no access to Arrival lounge in IST (Staff told me, that IST should be the final destination), but I spent connection time at Courtyard marriott which was totaly free;-).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.