Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] TK: WAW-IST-KUL-IST-WAW in business J for ~$900

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] TK: WAW-IST-KUL-IST-WAW in business J for ~$900

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
TK in WAW? Why would they want to touch the ticket? No reason for them to do so.
Well, they will have to touch the ticket if someone requests to have the dates changed. Otherwise, they won't blink an eyelid. I'm in the sensational TK lounge in IST at the moment and nobody in WAW had any problems with my ticket.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 8:14 am
soy

Programs: various
Thanks to Europeanexplorers advice ^ , I managed to change dates on my return leg over the phone without any reprice (my outbound is in Dec). I later paid the 50euro fee whilst on a long transit at the TK office in CDG, as they told me to pay whenever I was next passing any TK office.

My ticket had been originally booked with a travel agent. Despite this, none of the TK agents I dealt with batted an eyelid at my ticket or the fare paid.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 4:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3*G, TK*G
I tried to change my itinerary today (originally TK8000 to TK60 the same day - just don't want to spend 20hrs in IST if I can only 7 and can arrive to KUL earlier) but got refused due to the fact that I purchased the ticket via travel agent. I called Warsaw TK office. They said I need to start my trip.

I'll try to call TK HQ.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Pawel Lew
I tried to change my itinerary today (originally TK8000 to TK60 the same day - just don't want to spend 20hrs in IST if I can only 7 and can arrive to KUL earlier) but got refused due to the fact that I purchased the ticket via travel agent. I called Warsaw TK office. They said I need to start my trip.

I'll try to call TK HQ.
I think you need to make sure that you are talking to someone from Sales - not Reservations. The Reservations people have been reported to refuse to do anything prior to departure if you bought through a TA. However, you may find the Sales people to be a little more willing, although changes on the outbound sectors are very much hit-and-miss (more miss). Good luck!
Old Jun 7, 2013, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Pawel Lew
If you don't succed, at least you still have the option to approach the transfer/ticket desk or gate at IST (once you arrive there from WAW) and ask to be rebooked on the earlier TK flight to KUL. If seats are availble you should be rebooked.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
If you don't succed, at least you still have the option to approach the transfer/ticket desk or gate at IST (once you arrive there from WAW) and ask to be rebooked on the earlier TK flight to KUL. If seats are availble you should be rebooked.
The problem is not really whether there are seats left in Business class - the problem is whether the *J* booking class is still available. As this is one of the cheaper TK Business fare classes, you will find that on many days it is no longer available closer to departure.

Even when trying to rebook in advance, it is crucial to make sure *J* class is available, otherwise they won't let you change the dates.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 1:19 pm

I just got a message from THY that my flight was cancelled. No other details. I can't get a hold of anyone... any idea what's going on?

I already flew the WAW segment, and changed the flight to July.

Edit: I guess Malaysia didn't confirm the change I made a few months ago. So they're working on it. Crossing my fingers they make it right by putting me on TK metal!

Last edited by berlinflyer83; Jun 10, 2013 at 2:06 pm
Old Jun 10, 2013, 2:53 pm

What a cluster****. It's all fixed now.

Big warning to everyone... if you change your flights, you should pay the change fee ASAP. Your changes aren't ticketed until you pay the fee, and it seems that MH is dropping these holds, which happened on my itinerary. That's despite TK originally saying I could pay on arrival in IST.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 3:44 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Now that TK is flying their own metal to KL.

Has anyone completed the trip with TK. I am curious which lounge is offered at KUL for TK metal flyers.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
Now that TK is flying their own metal to KL.

Has anyone completed the trip with TK. I am curious which lounge is offered at KUL for TK metal flyers.
I am departing KUL in a couple of days on TK, so I will let you know for sure then.

I suspect it will be the Plaza Premium Lounge (which is not that great). However, anyone who is *G should be able to check out the TG and SQ lounges before they close in the evening...
Old Jun 11, 2013, 4:16 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
I am departing KUL in a couple of days on TK, so I will let you know for sure then.

I suspect it will be the Plaza Premium Lounge (which is not that great). However, anyone who is *G should be able to check out the TG and SQ lounges before they close in the evening...
I am *G with TK, so would be able to get in SK or TG lounges. But I really wanted to check MH lounges at their hub airport.

looking forward to hear your update/TR in few days. Thanks
Old Jun 11, 2013, 5:13 am

Programs: SEN
Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
I am *G with TK, so would be able to get in SK or TG lounges. But I really wanted to check MH lounges at their hub airport.
I was searching the web for some time and it seems that the Plaza Premium Lounge is the only option to take a shower when departing on TK as *G? Neither the SK nor the TG lounges seem to have a shower.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
From what I know, the MH Golden Lounge is also used by some third party airlines e.g Iran Air. So one could hope that TK have a contract with them, but I suppose one shouldn't hope for too much. Does the Plaza Premium lounge (or any of the other *A lounges for that matter) also have Häaggen Dazs ice cream?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 6:30 am

Well you could check that here. This is for none *g holder.

The lounge finder includes all lounges operated by Star Alliance member carriers,all Star Alliance lounges (CDG, LAX, LHR, NGO), and all third party lounges contracted by Star Alliance member carriers.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by LH4116
From what I know, the MH Golden Lounge is also used by some third party airlines e.g Iran Air. So one could hope that TK have a contract with them, but I suppose one shouldn't hope for too much. Does the Plaza Premium lounge (or any of the other *A lounges for that matter) also have Häaggen Dazs ice cream?
No Häagen Dazs in the Plaza Premium when I was there last time. It is a very generic lounge, so don't have high expectations. I'm not sure whether they have showers.

As for the couple of replies above: There is an SQ (Singapore Airlines) lounge in KUL, not an SK (SAS) one. From what I have heard the TG Lounge is much better than the SQ one, so that will probably be the best place to go for any *Gs if TK is not allowed to use the MH lounge.

Originally Posted by 31570324
Well you could check that here. This is for none *g holder.

The lounge finder includes all lounges operated by Star Alliance member carriers,all Star Alliance lounges (CDG, LAX, LHR, NGO), and all third party lounges contracted by Star Alliance member carriers.
This seems to suggest you could use both the SQ and TG lounge. I doubt this is correct. Maybe they have not updated the information for the TK flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.