Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] TK: WAW-IST-KUL-IST-WAW in business J for ~$900

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] TK: WAW-IST-KUL-IST-WAW in business J for ~$900

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2013, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Alec84
What is it really with the obsession about seat selection?
Maybe someone want a windows seat or sit in the near of the partner. But right, it shouldnt matter where you sit in the business class for this fare.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 6:20 am

What is it really with the obsession about seat selection? It's business class, every seat is going to be great. In every thread there is about error fares in J class there are countless posts wth people becoming almost desperate when they can't choose their seats months in advance.
What is the problem? TK are honoring the fare which I still believe it was a promo. Many people travel w/ partners, no matter how great the C class could be, I still want my wife next to me and not you.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
What is it really with the obsession about seat selection? It's business class, every seat is going to be great. In every thread there is about error fares in J class there are countless posts wth people becoming almost desperate when they can't choose their seats months in advance.
I you had sat with me in the rear row of business-class on a recent trip, you'd have` been entertained not by my me, or the IFE, but the clunks, rattles and chat from the galley - as well as a generous measure of light intrusion from the same source. If you hadn't been with me, it's possible you'd have been trapped in the middle of a centre row of seats. Or across from a fully operational bassinet position.

OK, that wasn't a TK flight, but I'm sure TK has desirable and less desirable seats. You wouldn't believe the anguish caused by a thwarted bid for 64K on a British Airways 744 - and no doubt TK cabins have seats exciting similar tensions.

BA even turns the desire for seat selection into a nice little earner, with hefty charges for the honour.

So lots of reasons for seat selection.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Well, I still don't really understand the obsession in every single thread and people (not in this case) calling airlines. Maybe this particular thread is the wrong place to say what I said, since there is no risk of cancellations.

Of course, I would very much prefer a window seat with my gf next to me, but that is very much possible even when choosing the seat when online check-in opens. And even if it wasn't, maybe it's only good and fair if "freeloaders" like us would let the "real" business class passengers choose first.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Originally Posted by mlqsko
What is the problem? TK are honoring the fare which I still believe it was a promo. Many people travel w/ partners, no matter how great the C class could be, I still want my wife next to me and not you.
If you asked me politely, I would be more than happy to switch seats with your wife
Old Mar 31, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
MH

Hi,

you can checkin on the Malaysian Webpage and online checkin.
you can than change your FFP number and Seats.

if you enter a oneworld number, it will show your oneworld status.

cheers hope this helps

dp
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
yea, you can do online checkin for MH flights 48-1.5 hours in advance.

Yea, I did online checkin for MH-metal flights and its system can allow 48-1.5 hours in advance.

I also can change FFP number but I was still stick to TK FFP number (I emailed MH to add this for me.)

The boarding pass clearly showed "Sold AS TK8000" so I am not sure MH will give your OW FFP miles.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by bearteacher
The boarding pass clearly showed "Sold AS TK8000" so I am not sure MH will give your OW FFP miles.
I think we've already established fairly conclusively in this thread that the only OW programme for which you would get miles - and only for the MH-operated flights - is MH's own program.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
miles

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I think we've already established fairly conclusively in this thread that the only OW programme for which you would get miles - and only for the MH-operated flights - is MH's own program.
it is no problem in klia to acess the firstclass lounge with the MH boarding pass.

(you have to be emerald of course)

even acess to the premier area was no problem

dp
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:28 am

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
Anyone changed the return flight(date or stopover) successfully?

Which TK station?

I called the office in TPE and the staff asked to pay the price difference. From her words, the price difference is a big number.

PS. I got TK miles from MH metal flight but no status miles.

Last edited by bearteacher; Apr 12, 2013 at 3:50 am
Old Apr 12, 2013, 4:03 am

Maybe to much people used it, so they are forced to charge the rate difference now.
I was also able to change the metall from LO to TK, but that was really luck with an uninformed TK sales office worker.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 7:49 am
sbq

Programs: LH, KLM Blue, Delta, TK ELITE, MS GOLD, SV, IHG PLATINUM
The fare rules state that if you change flight prior to departure then the fare must be recalculated according to prevailing rate. however if you have flown even one segment of flight then you will have to pay only 50 euros for change.

Furthermore stopever at Istanbul is alowed on on outward and return journey.

Originally Posted by bearteacher
Anyone changed the return flight(date or stopover) successfully?

Which TK station?

I called the office in TPE and the staff asked to pay the price difference. From her words, the price difference is a big number.

PS. I got TK miles from MH metal flight but no status miles.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
I also managed to get my return changed prior to flying my outbound segments. I changed the dates slightly forward and changed the metal from MH to TK.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, IHG Diamond, GHA Titanium
I suppose I got lucky. Managed to change both outbound and inbound dates without paying the fare difference, just the 50 EUR change fee.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by james84
I suppose I got lucky. Managed to change both outbound and inbound dates without paying the fare difference, just the 50 EUR change fee.
Before flying? You were lucky!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.