FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [FARE GONE] DL: SFO-ATL/JFK-NRT-SIN $1,232.30 ai RT (25,318 mi; 4.9 cpm) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1427486-fare-gone-dl-sfo-atl-jfk-nrt-sin-1-232-30-ai-rt-25-318-mi-4-9-cpm.html)

washeelers747 Nov 26, 2014 12:29 pm

with delta's switch to $ instead of miles in 2015, and AS announcement on DL's V fare will earn only earn 50% miles... Would say that this run isn't gonna be useful next year :(. I was banking on some early year MR to SIN or BKK, and now have to look at other options...

amybd Nov 26, 2014 12:43 pm

I just got an itinerary to book on cheaptickets, tried lot of others and could get farthest on Priceline - but could not book.

Would be happy for other suggestions though, as there seemed to be plenty of room to do better.

Burj Nov 26, 2014 10:34 pm

For anyone with this trip to SIN coming up in the near future....some suggestions/observations:

-Transit Hotel in Terminal 1 has a gym which costs $13.91 (Singaporean) to use. It is a one USE cost but they don't care how long you spend in there and that price includes use of a shower! After a long flight, and before a long return, it feels nice to just get some circulation going! One word of warning, the Changi wifi does NOT cover the gym!

-The foot/calve massagers are really nice but are intense!

-As you leave the Delta gate and head toward the main terminal 1 mall/shopping area...right between Marc Jacobs and Swarovski Crystals (they will be on your left and closed) is a hallway that leads to the 7/11 Convenience store that is open 24/7. Right there is also very large and VERY nice public restrooms.

-If you leave the 7/11 and restrooms and go STRAIGHT (crossing the walkway you came from) you will head to a small shopping area and internet point. There is a counter with lines of nice stools on either side. The counter has computers on one side AND an automated machine where you can get internet passwords. You just slide your passport in and it displays a code. The counter has universal outlets so you can plug in your laptop without needing a converter. (It is amusing to watch people plug their laptop into a converter, then plug the converter into the universal outlet out of habit!)

-On your return, both the Changi security and the Narita security people have a strange preoccupation with scissors. They pulled my luggage aside for an inspection based on my nose hair scissors AND my TINY sewing kit scissors! Do yourself a favor, if you have those types of scissors leave them home OR at least put them in a little plastic bag and take it out when you take your bag of fluids out. That way they can inspect the scissors without going through your whole bag.

-If you will be at Changi around 8:30-9 am or 3:30-4 pm....I definitely recommend visiting the Koi ponds! The best ones are probably the two small ones hidden away in the back corners of terminal 2. If you are there around those times you can watch them FEED the fish! Better you they will let YOU feed the fish! It is cool/unique experience!

So those are just some tips form my recent experience at Changi.... hope people find them helpful....If people have questions post them and I'm sure someone will have an answer!

Csfing1 Nov 26, 2014 11:08 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Originally Posted by amybd (Post 23902356)
I just got an itinerary to book on cheaptickets, tried lot of others and could get farthest on Priceline - but could not book.

Would be happy for other suggestions though, as there seemed to be plenty of room to do better.

We are at SC in NRT and have two more legs via JFK to LAX or SFO. Beautiful weather here today, sunny. Try booking on Google.com/flights multi city. Leg 1 LAX JFK, leg 2, JFK SIN, leg 3, SIN JFK, leg 4, JFK LAX, pick out your DL flights at the lowest price. After all that pick book on DL.com. You can also call in and DL DM desk or PM desk will do it for you. You can try multi city booking on DL.com but this hasn't worked for me for several months. Good luck

Happy Travels! Get your Flu shot! Cheers! :)

Csfing1 Nov 27, 2014 11:45 pm

Arrival in LAX

Have arrived in LAX, have one more leg to complete tomorrow LAX SMF and that will be completed by 12:30 pm. Iamhereandthere (looked for you in SC at JFK) went to SFO and one continued on LAX ATL tonight and last run tomorrow ATL CVG and works tomorrow afternoon. Comments from MRers from this trip will appear when they make a post.

We had a great time getting acquainted and even are considering doing another one next year. Month of choice would be Nov and purpose would be MQM as we wouldn't get many RDM.

Please let us know if you (if you haven't already) made a MR because of reading this thread! If you want RDM do this year not 2015 and rollover your MQM. K

Happy Travels! Get your Flu shot! Cheers! :)

Csfing1 Nov 28, 2014 8:32 am

Google.com/flights good for multi city booking

Originally Posted by amybd (Post 23902356)

What is the itinerary you are trying to book? Try google.com/flights This site works well for multi city bookings. If you have problems send me a PM with your phone number and I will try to help you!

Happy Travels! Cheers! :)

Csfing1 Nov 28, 2014 8:40 am

Originally Posted by iamhereandthere (Post 23899581)
It's a FlyerTalk party!

The J cabin is lonely though. REALLY lonely.

We looked for you in SC in JFK and didn't see you. How was your run to SFO, did you get an UG? 2 of 3 got UG to J and J had many empty seats.

Keep in touch.

Csfing1 Nov 28, 2014 1:58 pm

End of MR

Have arrived at SMF, great run. One of group won't get home until Sun evening. Great to do with others with common interests. Cabin crews were great on all legs. Everyone else should be home by now. Will post some fares later.

Cheers!

mapsgl Nov 28, 2014 5:32 pm

Making a run Dec 12 LAX-JFK-NRT-SIN-NRT-JFK-LAX

Priced on ITA at 1349 U fares outbound V fares return.

THe Diamond Desk said they see it but vould only book it at a Q fare 1800+ (ouch) Can anyone help?

Asked to use my GUC's looking at my reservation, not sure she did it right

Also how soon should I make a reservation at the transit hotel? Which one? Which Terminal/

Thanks in advance. I aapreciate any help and insight.

Maps

Csfing1 Nov 29, 2014 6:27 pm

Dec 8-11 for $1039! 4.14 cpm

Originally Posted by mapsgl (Post 23912196)

THe Diamond Desk said they see it but vould only book it at a Q fare 1800+ (ouch) Can anyone help?

Also how soon should I make a reservation at the transit hotel? Which one? Which Terminal/

Maps

If you can change your dates to Dec 8-11 the fare is $1039, can't get a good price for Dec 12-15! Hope you can make the earlier dates.

Csfing1 Nov 30, 2014 12:56 am

Originally Posted by mapsgl (Post 23912196)

Y
Maps

Sorry didn't notice the question about the transit hotel, there is one in Terminal 1, that is the most convenient, the sooner you make a reservation the better. If it is not available there is one in T3 and some of the lounges have a sleeping room that is available for a fee and there are some places you can sleep in T3. If you are in business class, J, you will be able to use the Skyview lounge in T1. There are showers there as well as and NRT and JFK (which is much better). If you have other questions, send me a PM with your contact number and I can call you, has to be before Wed evening as that is when I return to SIN and won't return till Dec 24. If you use the gym you can stay as long as you like and you will have use of the shower for less than the cost of a shower. There are stores and eating places open and there is free wifi in the terminals, can get password at information desk or they can send you a text message to your phone. Lounge Buddy is a free ap and it will give you information about the lounges available and the costs.

Bowgie Nov 30, 2014 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Putt86 (Post 23902262)
with delta's switch to $ instead of miles in 2015, and AS announcement on DL's V fare will earn only earn 50% miles... Would say that this run isn't gonna be useful next year :(

Well yes and no. I have four Delta GPU's. Wife wants to go to Borobudur this summer, and I can go most of the way there on Delta to SIN. Haven't called Delta Reservations yet to see if any USA-NRT transpac flights have immediate upgrade availability. So other than GPU-use, I see less value to this run, which is miserable in coach.

Csfing1 Dec 2, 2014 9:33 am

Last chance for this year! Fares on Dec 2

Last chance for this year LAX (better) and SFO Dep

$1044.50 ai 25,096 MQM 4.16 cpm Dec 8-12, 30 hrs in SIN, LAX JFK NRT SIN NRT JFK LAX
$1122.50 ai 25,518 MQM 4.43 cpm Dec 8-12, 30 hrs in SIN, SFO JFK NRT SIN NRT JFK SFO

Other dates higher. If you need MQM this will probably be your last opportunity to get a MR at a reasonable cost for these itn.

Get fares on Google.com/flights, multi city, there will be 4 legs, LAX JFK, JFK SIN, SIN JFK, JFK LAX, pick flights, buy on Delta.com. Happy Travels!

Our last trip to SIN this year starts tomorrow evening, for work, Dec 3-24, SMF LAX ATL NRT SIN NRT LAX SMF, couldn't ret thru ATL and get home before Christmas.

Happy Travels! Have a Great week! Get your quadrivalent Flu shot! Cheers! :)

kulin Dec 2, 2014 10:24 am

another MR is coming

Originally Posted by Burj (Post 23904736)
For anyone with this trip to SIN coming up in the near future....some suggestions/observations:

-Transit Hotel in Terminal 1 has a gym which costs $13.91 (Singaporean) to use. It is a one USE cost but they don't care how long you spend in there and that price includes use of a shower! After a long flight, and before a long return, it feels nice to just get some circulation going! One word of warning, the Changi wifi does NOT cover the gym!

-The foot/calve massagers are really nice but are intense!

-As you leave the Delta gate and head toward the main terminal 1 mall/shopping area...right between Marc Jacobs and Swarovski Crystals (they will be on your left and closed) is a hallway that leads to the 7/11 Convenience store that is open 24/7. Right there is also very large and VERY nice public restrooms.

-If you leave the 7/11 and restrooms and go STRAIGHT (crossing the walkway you came from) you will head to a small shopping area and internet point. There is a counter with lines of nice stools on either side. The counter has computers on one side AND an automated machine where you can get internet passwords. You just slide your passport in and it displays a code. The counter has universal outlets so you can plug in your laptop without needing a converter. (It is amusing to watch people plug their laptop into a converter, then plug the converter into the universal outlet out of habit!)

-On your return, both the Changi security and the Narita security people have a strange preoccupation with scissors. They pulled my luggage aside for an inspection based on my nose hair scissors AND my TINY sewing kit scissors! Do yourself a favor, if you have those types of scissors leave them home OR at least put them in a little plastic bag and take it out when you take your bag of fluids out. That way they can inspect the scissors without going through your whole bag.

-If you will be at Changi around 8:30-9 am or 3:30-4 pm....I definitely recommend visiting the Koi ponds! The best ones are probably the two small ones hidden away in the back corners of terminal 2. If you are there around those times you can watch them FEED the fish! Better you they will let YOU feed the fish! It is cool/unique experience!

So those are just some tips form my recent experience at Changi.... hope people find them helpful....If people have questions post them and I'm sure someone will have an answer!

Thanks for your sharing.
My next MR will start on 4 Dec from SIN, any one together? SIN-NRT-JFK-LAX

Csfing1 Dec 2, 2014 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by kulin (Post 23929980)
Thanks for your sharing.
My next MR will start on 4 Dec from SIN, any one together? SIN-NRT-JFK-LAX

Are you staying in LA or returning to SIN as we will be there Dec 6-14 and ret Dec 24, SIN NRT LAX SMF, after Malaysia and China fur business. Enjoy your run! Cheers! :)